|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the woman Anodos meets at the farmhouse, what does he have in common with other men who have passed by the farmhouse as they leave the forest?
(a) They all have had the same experience with the Maiden of the Alder.
(b) They all worried about how to get home.
(c) They all were saved by the same person.
(d) They all wondered about the reality of Fairy Land.
2. What does the woman at the farmhouse tell Anodos he must do before he can return home?
(a) Read the entire tale of Sir Galahad.
(b) Save someone from the Maiden of the Alder.
(c) Learn the magic words that will destroy the Ash tree.
(d) Travel through Fairy Land.
3. What does Anodos learn when he passes through the door to the present time in the cottage on the island?
(a) The location of his long-lost brother.
(b) The connection betwen the knight and the white lady.
(c) The way to get home.
(d) The way to get rid of the shadow.
4. What does the family at the farmhouse discuss during the evening as Anodos listens?
(a) The next day's schedule.
(b) Sleeping arrangements.
(c) Dinner plans.
(d) Fairy tales.
5. How is Anodos able to find his way to the mainland from the island?
(a) He follows the knight and the white lady.
(b) The woman in the cottage gives him directions.
(c) Something unseen leads him to the mainland.
(d) He follows certain marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many doors of the cottage does Anodos pass through to explore the island?
2. What happens when Cosmo destroys the mirror?
3. How does the conversation with the woman's husband at the farmhouse affect Anodos?
4. What does Cosmo worry about when the lady in the mirror doesn't appear?
5. How does the woman in the cottage on the island help Anodos fall asleep?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)