|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
2. What does Phaedras say is a common attribute among writers?
3. What does Socrates say calms a soul overcome by desire?
4. What kind of particles is beauty able to move?
5. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship does Phaedras have with Lysias, and what effect does this have on his encounter with Socrates?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Socrates claim the verbal word is more powerful than the written word, and what is Phaedrus's response to this idea?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of beauty is prevalent in this book. Who aere the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow beauty to change their lives?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)