|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do rhetoricians use to change the appearance of matters?
2. Who wrote about duplicate expression?
3. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
4. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
5. What does Socrates say rhetoric must have to be considered art?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
How does Thamus feel about the written word, and how does this idea shape the progress of his nation?
Essay Topic 3
According to Socrates, what are some of the main attributes needed for a good quality speech, and how did these shape his career as a philosopher?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)