|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. What makes the content of writing indifferent?
2. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
3. What did Thamus say learning letters could foster?
4. What does Phaedras promise to do if Socrates can change his mind?
5. Why does Socrates say the written word is weaker than the spoken word?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. What is Lysisas's speech about?
2. What does Socrates say happens when lovers restrain their desires?
This section contains 833 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)