|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
2. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
3. What kind of feelings does Socrates say true beauty can inspire?
4. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
5. What does Socrates say writing must be in order to be honorable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Socrates, what are some of the main attributes needed for a good quality speech, and how did these shape his career as a philosopher?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select two characters and write about their main motivation and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
According to Socrates, what are the four sources of inspiration, and what are some key examples of each of them?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)