|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
2. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
3. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
4. What kind of inspiration does Eros provide?
5. What does Socrates say souls will retain in different lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say those who have loved will receive, even if they lead less rewarding lives?
2. What does Phaedras say must happen in order for an opinion to be formed?
3. What does Socrates say about the black chariot horse in his love analogy?
4. What is the synthesis method of analyzing speeches?
5. How does Socrates say the chariot master must treat the black horse?
6. What does Socrates say was missing from Lysias's speech that made it less than art?
7. What does Socrates say is the best way to arrange a good speech?
8. Who was Pericles, and how did he become a good speaker?
9. What does Socrates say competition allows humans to do?
10. What does Socrates say evil men can't recognize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Socrates say is the most prudent form of relationship, and what are his main points supporting that belief?
Essay Topic 2
According to Socrates, what are some of the main attributes needed for a good quality speech, and how did these shape his career as a philosopher?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different ideas given about love and relationships, and how do they differ from each other?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)