Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
2. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
3. What is persuasion according to Phaedras?
4. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
5. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
Essay Topic 1
How does Thamus feel about the written word, and how does this idea shape the progress of his nation?
Essay Topic 2
Lysias is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)