Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would gods make love divine?
2. What does Socrates say love is deprived of at the end of his speech?
3. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
4. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
5. Why did Socrates realize he made the speech to Phadras?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates say the chariot master must treat the black horse?
2. What does Socrates say about the nature of the soul?
3. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
4. What does Phaedras say must happen in order for an opinion to be formed?
5. What are the four kinds of divine inspiration, and where do they come from?
6. What should a speech writer do to make his arguments effective, according to Socrates?
7. What kind of things does Lysias say should be absent in a prudent relationship?
8. What does Socrates say happens to unpleasant lovers after their relationship is ended?
9. Who was Pericles, and how did he become a good speaker?
10. What happens when muses involve themselves in madness, according to Socrates?
What is the analogy of the chariot, and how does this idea shape the life and personality of Socrates?
Why does Socrates feel the need to give two different speeches, and what does this reveal about his personality?
Phaedrus changes a lot from the beginning of the book to the end. Please compare and contrast Phaedrus's character at the beginning of the book to Phaedrus's character at the end of the book.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)