Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would gods make love divine?
2. What does Socrates say love is deprived of at the end of his speech?
3. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
4. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
5. Why did Socrates realize he made the speech to Phadras?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates say the chariot master must treat the black horse?
2. What does Socrates say about the nature of the soul?
3. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
4. What does Phaedras say must happen in order for an opinion to be formed?
5. What are the four kinds of divine inspiration, and where do they come from?
6. What should a speech writer do to make his arguments effective, according to Socrates?
7. What kind of things does Lysias say should be absent in a prudent relationship?
8. What does Socrates say happens to unpleasant lovers after their relationship is ended?
9. Who was Pericles, and how did he become a good speaker?
10. What happens when muses involve themselves in madness, according to Socrates?
Essay Topic 1
Phaedrus changes a lot from the beginning of the book to the end. Please compare and contrast Phaedrus's character at the beginning of the book to Phaedrus's character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What did Socrates think the role of the gods were in daily life, and how did this shape his life?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)