|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Delphic women?
2. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
3. What does Socrates say those in love care most about?
4. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
5. What must be linked in order for someone to predict the future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lysias promoting in his speech?
2. What do Socrates and Phaedras do at the end of the book?
3. What does Socrates say will happen if a speech writer skips over some of the important steps of writing an effective speech?
4. What is the synthesis method of analyzing speeches?
5. What is Lysisas's speech about?
6. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
7. Who was Pericles, and how did he become a good speaker?
8. What does Socrates say souls are striving for, and why?
9. Why does Socrates say some men are seen as mad when they are not?
10. What does Socrates say a man must love to come close to the gods, and why?
Essay Topic 1
What is the analogy of the chariot, and how does this idea shape the life and personality of Socrates?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)