|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
2. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
3. How does Socrates feel about Eros?
4. What does Socrates say must be arranged correctly in a good speech?
5. What is Acumenus's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing that can ease the pain of a soul overcome by desire, according to Socrates?
2. What does Tisias say must be involved in artistic writing?
3. What is Lysias promoting in his speech?
4. What does Socrates say about the black chariot horse in his love analogy?
5. What does Socrates say a good writer must have in order to be competent in their craft?
6. What does Socrates say happens when lovers restrain their desires?
7. What does Socrates say evil men can't recognize?
8. What does Phaedras say to get Socrates to deliver a speech of his own?
9. How does Socrates say the chariot master must treat the black horse?
10. What does Lysias say is the main disadvantage of a relationship between lovers?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of beauty is prevalent in this book. Who aere the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow beauty to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Phaedrus changes a lot from the beginning of the book to the end. Please compare and contrast Phaedrus's character at the beginning of the book to Phaedrus's character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are Phaedrus's ideas about persuasion, and how does Socrates respond to them?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)