|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say men usually engage in?
(a) Educational activites.
(b) Nutritional activities.
(c) Dangerous activities.
(d) Sensual activites.
2. What does Socrates say rhetoric must have to be considered art?
3. What will most men look for in a mate according to Socrates?
(a) Someone who resembles themself.
(b) Someone who calms them.
(c) Someone who is beautiful.
(d) Someone who they have a bond with.
4. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
(a) Their preconceived notions.
(b) Their usual way of life.
(c) Their unhappiness.
(d) Their onward course.
5. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
(a) A comparison.
(b) A definition of the subject.
(c) A further study.
(d) An isolated look.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say the gods use to inspire humans?
2. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
3. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
4. What does Socrates say happens to lovers who restrain desire?
5. What does Socrates say the soul readily identifies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates say the chariot master must treat the black horse?
2. Who was Pericles, and how did he become a good speaker?
3. What does Socrates say happens when lovers restrain their desires?
4. What does Socrates say will happen if a speech writer skips over some of the important steps of writing an effective speech?
5. What does Phaedras say a man must do if he wants to make something appear differently?
6. What does Socrates say about the white chariot horse in his love analogy?
7. What does Socrates say those who have loved will receive, even if they lead less rewarding lives?
8. What is the only thing that can ease the pain of a soul overcome by desire, according to Socrates?
9. What does Socrates say is the best way to arrange a good speech?
10. What is the synthesis method of analyzing speeches?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)