|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say calms a soul overcome by desire?
(a) Sexual relations.
(b) Contact with a loved one.
(d) Encouraging words.
2. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
3. What does Socrates say those who recognize pure beauty will enjoy?
(b) All of these.
4. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
5. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
(a) The simplicity.
(b) The complex nature.
(c) The inspiration.
(d) The uniqueness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
2. What does Socrates say can lose an entire audience of a good speech?
3. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
4. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
5. What does Socrates say happens to lovers who restrain desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say happens when lovers restrain their desires?
2. What does Socrates say about the white chariot horse in his love analogy?
3. What does Socrates say about the black chariot horse in his love analogy?
4. What is the synthesis method of analyzing speeches?
5. What are the four kinds of divine inspiration, and where do they come from?
6. What does Socrates say will happen when giving a speech if a speaker does not know all the skills needed?
7. What does Socrates say competition allows humans to do?
8. What does Socrates say evil men can't recognize?
9. Why does Socrates say a speech giver should know about his audience?
10. How does Phaedras feel about Socrates's second speech about love?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)