|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras think is most important to consider when writing a speech?
(a) The truth.
(b) The time restraints.
(c) The subject matter.
(d) The audience.
2. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
3. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
4. According to Socrates, where do souls learn to deal with their love?
(a) By using their impulses.
(b) By watching their parents.
(c) By following their instincts.
(d) By following their associated gods.
5. What does Socrates always hope the hearers of his speeches will form?
(b) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does a soul overcome by desire become frantic?
2. What is Phaedras full of after hearing Socrates's second speech?
3. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
4. What do the Muses use to inspire humans?
5. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say is the best way to arrange a good speech?
2. What is the only thing that can ease the pain of a soul overcome by desire, according to Socrates?
3. What does Socrates say about the white chariot horse in his love analogy?
4. What does Phaedras say is a common trait among writers, and why?
5. What does Socrates say evil men can't recognize?
6. What does Phaedras say a man must do if he wants to make something appear differently?
7. What does Socrates say competition allows humans to do?
8. What does Socrates say was missing from Lysias's speech that made it less than art?
9. What does true beauty do to a man according to Socrates?
10. How does Phaedras feel about Socrates's second speech about love?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)