|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
2. What does Socrates say are equally important for preparing to deliver a good speech?
(a) Appreciation and pride.
(b) Understanding and practice.
(c) Confidence and truth.
(d) Knowledge and tone.
3. What kind of function does Socrates consider the analytical methods to have?
4. What does Socrates always hope the hearers of his speeches will form?
(b) None of these.
5. What does Phaedras think is most important to consider when writing a speech?
(a) The subject matter.
(b) The truth.
(c) The audience.
(d) The time restraints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
2. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
3. What does Socrates say those who recognize pure beauty will enjoy?
4. What does Socrates say souls will retain in different lives?
5. What does Socrates say the best speeches evoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does true beauty do to a man according to Socrates?
2. What should a speech writer do to make his arguments effective, according to Socrates?
3. What does Socrates say will happen when giving a speech if a speaker does not know all the skills needed?
4. What does Socrates say happens when lovers restrain their desires?
5. Why does Socrates say a speech giver should know about his audience?
6. Who was Pericles, and how did he become a good speaker?
7. What does Socrates say those who have loved will receive, even if they lead less rewarding lives?
8. What does Socrates say was missing from Lysias's speech that made it less than art?
9. What does Phaedras say is a common trait among writers, and why?
10. What is the only thing that can ease the pain of a soul overcome by desire, according to Socrates?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)