|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
2. What does Socrates always hope the hearers of his speeches will form?
(d) None of these.
3. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
(a) All of these.
4. What knowledge does Socrates say helped him become a good speech writer?
(a) The nature of the mind.
(b) The response of audiences.
(c) The truth of all things.
(d) The worth of language.
5. What god has the most royal features about them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
2. What does Socrates say good writing will be able to do?
3. What did Thrasymachus write about in his speeches?
4. What is persuasion according to Phaedras?
5. What kind of inspiration provided by the gods is the best according to Socrates?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)