|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a choice Socrates says men make every day?
(a) To act or be acted upon.
(b) To fear or overcome.
(c) To learn or fester.
(d) To live or die.
2. Who wrote about duplicate expression?
3. What kind of feelings does Socrates say true beauty can inspire?
(a) Pleasure and pain.
(b) Desire and impulse.
(c) Joy and relief.
(d) Rest and relaxation.
4. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
5. How many kinds of inspiration do the gods provide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
2. What does Socrates say the soul retains in its next life?
3. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
4. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
5. What does Phaedras think is most important to consider when writing a speech?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)