|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is involved in the combination method of analysis?
(a) All of these.
(b) A pro and con aspect.
(c) A comparison.
(d) A division of parts.
2. What is the most important element of speech for rhetoricians?
3. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
(d) Other writers.
4. What does Phaedras say a man must know about before delivering a good speech?
(a) Certain things.
(b) Uncertain things.
(c) The truth.
(d) All of these.
5. What do souls in a perfect state not know?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say the soul readily identifies?
2. What does Socrates say writing must be in order to be honorable?
3. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
4. What will most men look for in a mate according to Socrates?
5. What does Socrates say rhetoric must have to be considered art?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)