|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
2. What does Socrates say are equally important for preparing to deliver a good speech?
(a) Confidence and truth.
(b) Appreciation and pride.
(c) Understanding and practice.
(d) Knowledge and tone.
3. What does Socrates say good writing will be able to do?
(a) Confuse the reader.
(b) Lead the reader.
(c) Engage the reader.
(d) Teach the reader.
4. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
5. What do souls in a perfect state not know?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say souls will retain in different lives?
2. What god has the most royal features about them?
3. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
4. What does Socrates say happens to lovers who restrain desire?
5. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phaedras say rhetoric is designed for?
2. Why does Socrates say a speech giver should know about his audience?
3. What is the only thing that can ease the pain of a soul overcome by desire, according to Socrates?
4. What does Phaedras say is a common trait among writers, and why?
5. What does true beauty do to a man according to Socrates?
6. What does Socrates say is the best way to arrange a good speech?
7. What does Socrates say evil men can't recognize?
8. How does Phaedras feel about Socrates's second speech about love?
9. What is the synthesis method of analyzing speeches?
10. What does Socrates say will happen when giving a speech if a speaker does not know all the skills needed?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)