|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does pure beauty inspire the growth of?
2. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
3. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
4. What does Socrates say all desires lead to if allowed?
5. What kind of inspiration provided by the gods is the best according to Socrates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do rhetoricians use to change the appearance of matters?
2. What is involved in the combination method of analysis?
3. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
4. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
5. How many kinds of inspiration do the gods provide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the synthesis method of analyzing speeches?
2. What does Phaedras say a man must do if he wants to make something appear differently?
3. What does Socrates say about the black chariot horse in his love analogy?
4. What does Socrates say was missing from Lysias's speech that made it less than art?
5. What does Socrates say evil men can't recognize?
6. What does Phaedras say is a common trait among writers, and why?
7. What is the only thing that can ease the pain of a soul overcome by desire, according to Socrates?
8. What are the four kinds of divine inspiration, and where do they come from?
9. What does Socrates say happens when lovers restrain their desires?
10. What does true beauty do to a man according to Socrates?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)