|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say calms a soul overcome by desire?
(b) Contact with a loved one.
(c) Sexual relations.
(d) Encouraging words.
2. What knowledge does Socrates say helped him become a good speech writer?
(a) The response of audiences.
(b) The truth of all things.
(c) The nature of the mind.
(d) The worth of language.
3. Who wrote about duplicate expression?
4. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
(c) All of these.
5. What must a man have a knowledge of in order to give any speech according to Socrates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will most men look for in a mate according to Socrates?
2. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
3. What kind of feelings does Socrates say true beauty can inspire?
4. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
5. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)