|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
(a) Morianican Delta.
(b) Moruchia House.
(c) Moroccon Place.
(d) Monchuca Villa.
2. Why does Socrates not want to take Phaedras's advice about his speech?
(a) It would be too long.
(b) It would be hard for him.
(c) It would be redundant.
(d) It would offend people.
3. What does Socrates say about insanity in his second speech?
(a) It is pleasant.
(b) It is common.
(c) It is natural.
(d) It is god-like.
4. What does Socrates say wrong speeches can lead to?
(d) Wrong actions.
5. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds like?
(a) Things that agree with them.
(b) Things that please their lover.
(c) Things that remind them of their lover.
(d) Things that help their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
2. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
3. What is Lysias's occupation?
4. What is the Recantation?
5. How would gods make love divine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysias say is the main disadvantage of a relationship between lovers?
2. What does Socrates say a man must love to come close to the gods, and why?
3. Why does Socrates say some men are seen as mad when they are not?
4. How does Socrates begin his speech to Phaedras?
5. What does Socrates say happens to unpleasant lovers after their relationship is ended?
6. What does Phaedras say is the danger in love overcoming emotion?
7. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing at the beginning of the book, and why?
8. What does Socrates say about Courtesans in his speech to Phaedras?
9. What idea does Socrates have about city people as opposed to country people?
10. What is Socrates's opinion of Lysias's speech?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)