|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be linked in order for someone to predict the future?
(a) The perfect and divine.
(b) The future and the past.
(c) The needs and the wants.
(d) The truth and the past.
2. How did Socrates describe the Delphic women's accomplishments?
3. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
4. What kind of relationship does Phaedras think is superior?
(a) Homosexual relationships.
(b) Moderated relationships.
(c) Non-loving relationships.
(d) Loving relationships.
5. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
(a) The elderly.
(c) All of these.
(d) The uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates want in a place to hear the speech?
2. What kind of art was well liked in Socrates's time?
3. Why does Socrates say some people seem unsound of mind when they are in love?
4. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Phaedras feel about Socrates's discussion about relationships?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say a man must love to come close to the gods, and why?
2. What does Lysais say are the main benefits in the kind of relationship Lysias has with Phaedras?
3. What kind of things does Lysias say should be absent in a prudent relationship?
4. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing at the beginning of the book, and why?
5. What does Socrates say is the defining feature of gods are?
6. Who is Boreas?
7. What does Socrates say about the nature of the soul?
8. What does Socrates compare most loving relationships to?
9. What does Socrates say happens to unpleasant lovers after their relationship is ended?
10. How are the reborn lives of humans decided according to Socrates?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)