|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates feel about all the sites that Phaedras takes him to?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is enchanted.
(c) He is nonplussed.
(d) He is happy with them.
2. How did Stesichorus receive his disability?
(a) He was caught in a horrible storm.
(b) He ignored the truth in his poems.
(c) He offended the gods.
(d) He was punished for a crime.
3. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
4. How did Socrates describe the Delphic women's accomplishments?
5. What does Socrates say mania is a part of in his second speech?
(a) Annointing the past.
(b) Redeeming the dead.
(c) Creating a future.
(d) Striving for perfection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
2. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
3. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
4. What does Socrates think the only reason to make a speech should be?
5. Where does Socrates say men get most of their education from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysias say is the main disadvantage of a relationship between lovers?
2. What does Phaedras say to get Socrates to deliver a speech of his own?
3. Why does Socrates say some men are seen as mad when they are not?
4. How does Socrates say love affects the physical well being of those in a relationship, and why?
5. What does Lysais say are the main benefits in the kind of relationship Lysias has with Phaedras?
6. What does Socrates compare the form of the soul to at the beginning of his second speech?
7. What is Socrates's opinion of Lysias's speech?
8. What does Phaedras say is the danger in love overcoming emotion?
9. What does Socrates say happens when two lovers live together for an extended period?
10. What does Socrates say about the nature of the soul?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)