|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates view the expression Lysias's speech?
2. How did Stesichorus receive his disability?
(a) He was punished for a crime.
(b) He offended the gods.
(c) He was caught in a horrible storm.
(d) He ignored the truth in his poems.
3. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
(a) Morianican Delta.
(b) Moruchia House.
(c) Moroccon Place.
(d) Monchuca Villa.
4. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
(a) All of these.
(c) The uneducated.
(d) The elderly.
5. What does Socrates say his obligation as an orator is?
(a) To give correct speeches.
(b) To keep the gods' happy.
(c) To keep his mind balanced.
(d) To give entertaining speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Acumenus's occupation?
3. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
4. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds dislike?
5. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
2. Who is Boreas?
3. What does Socrates say about Courtesans in his speech to Phaedras?
4. What does Socrates say is the defining feature of gods are?
5. What happens when muses involve themselves in madness, according to Socrates?
6. What is Socrates's opinion of Lysias's speech?
7. What does Socrates say happens when two lovers live together for an extended period?
8. What does Socrates say a man must love to come close to the gods, and why?
9. What does Socrates say souls are striving for, and why?
10. What does Socrates say about the nature of the soul?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)