|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras doubt he can do while walking with Socrates?
(a) Give a good speech.
(b) Give proper credit to Lysias.
(c) Change Socrates's mind.
(d) Present the right ideas.
2. What does Lysias say will be present in a prudent relationship?
(a) Love and kindness.
(d) The advancement of all partners.
3. What kind of things does Socrates say lovers will do to slow down their partner?
(b) Past knowledge.
(c) All of these.
4. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
(a) Morianican Delta.
(b) Moruchia House.
(c) Moroccon Place.
(d) Monchuca Villa.
5. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is more worthwhile to Socrates than opinions?
2. What does Phaedras threaten Socrates with?
3. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
4. How does Socrates feel about Lysias's statement about prudent relationships?
5. What does Socrates say is addicting at the plane tree by the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
2. What does Phaedras say is the danger in love overcoming emotion?
3. What does Phaedras say to get Socrates to deliver a speech of his own?
4. What does Lysias say is the main disadvantage of a relationship between lovers?
5. What is Lysisas's speech about?
6. What idea does Socrates have about city people as opposed to country people?
7. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing at the beginning of the book, and why?
8. What does Socrates say happens when two lovers live together for an extended period?
9. What does Socrates compare most loving relationships to?
10. What is Socrates's opinion of Lysias's speech?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)