|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of art was well liked in Socrates's time?
(a) Stoic Art.
(b) Manic Art.
(c) Impressionistic Art.
(d) Concrete Art.
2. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the Recantation?
(a) A poem.
(b) A book.
(c) A song.
(d) A prayer.
4. What does Socrates say must be arranged correctly in a good speech?
(a) The rise and fall.
(b) The points.
(c) The subject.
(d) The language.
5. How did Stesichorus receive his disability?
(a) He was caught in a horrible storm.
(b) He ignored the truth in his poems.
(c) He was punished for a crime.
(d) He offended the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delphic motto?
2. What disability did Stesichorus have?
3. What must be linked in order for someone to predict the future?
4. What does Phaedras doubt he can do while walking with Socrates?
5. Who is Eros's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysias say is the main disadvantage of a relationship between lovers?
2. What does Socrates say happens to unpleasant lovers after their relationship is ended?
3. What does Socrates say a man must love to come close to the gods, and why?
4. How are the reborn lives of humans decided according to Socrates?
5. What does Socrates say about Courtesans in his speech to Phaedras?
6. What is Lysias promoting in his speech?
7. What happens when muses involve themselves in madness, according to Socrates?
8. What is Socrates's opinion of Lysias's speech?
9. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
10. What does Socrates compare most loving relationships to?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)