|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be linked in order for someone to predict the future?
(a) The future and the past.
(b) The needs and the wants.
(c) The perfect and divine.
(d) The truth and the past.
2. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
(b) A popular book.
(c) A speech.
3. What does Lysias say the most rewarding relationship consists of?
(a) Two lovers.
(b) A woman and a man.
(c) A lover and a non lover.
(d) Two non lovers.
4. What does Socrates say people overcome by the desire to love spend their time doing?
(a) Fulfilling personal gratification.
(b) Pleasing themselves.
(c) Feeding sexual desires.
(d) Pleasing the one they love.
5. What does Socrates say mania is a part of in his second speech?
(a) Annointing the past.
(b) Redeeming the dead.
(c) Striving for perfection.
(d) Creating a future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say one must do when dealing with a subject in a speech?
2. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Phaedras feel when Socrates starts to explain how to arrange a good speech?
4. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
5. What does Socrates think the only reason to make a speech should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say is the defining feature of gods are?
2. What does Socrates say causes most disappointments in loving relationships?
3. Why does Socrates say some men are seen as mad when they are not?
4. What does Phaedras say is the danger in love overcoming emotion?
5. What does Socrates say about the nature of the soul?
6. What is Lysias promoting in his speech?
7. How are the reborn lives of humans decided according to Socrates?
8. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
9. What does Phaedras say to get Socrates to deliver a speech of his own?
10. What is Lysisas's speech about?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)