|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Socrates embarrassed about when he begins his speech to Phaedras?
(a) Revealing information about himself.
(b) Competing with Lysias.
(c) None of these.
(d) Discussing a sensitive subject.
2. What does Phaedras doubt he can do while walking with Socrates?
(a) Give proper credit to Lysias.
(b) Change Socrates's mind.
(c) Give a good speech.
(d) Present the right ideas.
3. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
(a) A popular book.
(d) A speech.
4. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds dislike?
(a) Things that don't involve them.
(b) Things that surprise them.
(c) Thins that help their relationship.
(d) Things that are superior to them.
5. What does Socrates want in a place to hear the speech?
(a) Birds and sun.
(b) Some shade and a chair.
(c) A rock and some water.
(d) A tree and a breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Socrates and Phaedras walk by while talking at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
3. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
4. What is another name for the Delphic women?
5. Who does Socrates say inspired his second speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say happens when two lovers live together for an extended period?
2. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
3. What is Socrates's opinion of Lysias's speech?
4. What kind of things does Lysias say should be absent in a prudent relationship?
5. What does Socrates compare most loving relationships to?
6. What is Lysisas's speech about?
7. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing at the beginning of the book, and why?
8. What does Socrates compare the form of the soul to at the beginning of his second speech?
9. What does Socrates say causes most disappointments in loving relationships?
10. What does Socrates say about Courtesans in his speech to Phaedras?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)