|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds like?
(a) Things that agree with them.
(b) Things that help their relationship.
(c) Things that remind them of their lover.
(d) Things that please their lover.
3. What does Socrates say lies in desire?
4. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
(a) The subject.
(b) The language.
(c) The feeling.
(d) The form.
5. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
(a) To come to dinner.
(b) To keep quiet about the speech he read.
(c) To be kind ot Lysias.
(d) To give a speech of his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
2. How did Socrates describe the Delphic women's accomplishments?
3. What does Socrates say causes passion between lovers?
4. What does Socrates say love is deprived of at the end of his speech?
5. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say about Courtesans in his speech to Phaedras?
2. What does Lysias say is the main disadvantage of a relationship between lovers?
3. What does Socrates say souls are striving for, and why?
4. How are the reborn lives of humans decided according to Socrates?
5. What happens when muses involve themselves in madness, according to Socrates?
6. What does Socrates compare most loving relationships to?
7. What does Phaedras say to get Socrates to deliver a speech of his own?
8. What kind of things does Lysias say should be absent in a prudent relationship?
9. What idea does Socrates have about city people as opposed to country people?
10. What does Socrates say lovers will do to suppress independence in their partner?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)