|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be linked in order for someone to predict the future?
(a) The future and the past.
(b) The perfect and divine.
(c) The truth and the past.
(d) The needs and the wants.
2. What does Phaedras promise to do if Socrates can change his mind?
(a) Write his own speech.
(b) Spread the word.
(c) Convince Lysias.
(d) End his relationship.
3. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
5. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
(a) Their kindness.
(b) Their assumptions.
(c) All of these.
(d) Their selfishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say causes passion between lovers?
2. What does Socrates say about insanity in his second speech?
3. How does Socrates view the expression Lysias's speech?
4. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds dislike?
5. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say happens to unpleasant lovers after their relationship is ended?
2. What is Lysias promoting in his speech?
3. What does Socrates say a man must love to come close to the gods, and why?
4. What does Lysias say is the main disadvantage of a relationship between lovers?
5. What does Phaedras say to get Socrates to deliver a speech of his own?
6. What does Socrates compare the form of the soul to at the beginning of his second speech?
7. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing at the beginning of the book, and why?
8. What is Eros, and what are its effects?
9. What does Socrates say lovers will do to suppress independence in their partner?
10. Who is Boreas?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)