|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates feel about all the sites that Phaedras takes him to?
(a) He is enchanted.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is nonplussed.
(d) He is happy with them.
2. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
(a) Morianican Delta.
(b) Moruchia House.
(c) Moroccon Place.
(d) Monchuca Villa.
3. Which of the following does Socrates say mania can deliver?
4. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
5. What does Socrates say causes passion between lovers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
2. Why did Socrates realize he made the speech to Phadras?
3. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
4. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
5. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing at the beginning of the book, and why?
2. What is Socrates's opinion of Lysias's speech?
3. What does Socrates say causes most disappointments in loving relationships?
4. How are the reborn lives of humans decided according to Socrates?
5. What happens when muses involve themselves in madness, according to Socrates?
6. What does Socrates say happens to unpleasant lovers after their relationship is ended?
7. How does Socrates say love affects the physical well being of those in a relationship, and why?
8. What is Lysisas's speech about?
9. What idea does Socrates have about city people as opposed to country people?
10. Why does Socrates say some men are seen as mad when they are not?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)