|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are prideful.
(c) They are unpredictable.
(d) They are noble.
2. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
3. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
4. What about pleasures does Socrates say men need to recognize?
(a) The advantages and disadvantages.
(b) The good and bad causes.
(c) The manner in which they come about.
(d) The affect of them on other people.
5. What does Socrates say the image of eternal beauty does to the black horse?
(a) Elevates it.
(b) Scares it.
(c) Adores it.
(d) Motivates it.
6. What will most men look for in a mate according to Socrates?
(a) Someone who is beautiful.
(b) Someone who they have a bond with.
(c) Someone who resembles themself.
(d) Someone who calms them.
7. What must a man have a knowledge of in order to give any speech according to Socrates?
8. What does Socrates say all desires lead to if allowed?
9. What does Phaedras say makes something debatable?
(a) It is not fully revealed.
(b) It can cause contention.
(c) It is always changing.
(d) It can be seen in two different ways.
10. What is involved in the combination method of analysis?
(a) A division of parts.
(b) A pro and con aspect.
(c) A comparison.
(d) All of these.
11. When does a soul overcome by desire become frantic?
(a) When waking.
(b) When sleeping.
(c) During the day.
(d) At night.
12. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
13. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
(a) The complex nature.
(b) The uniqueness.
(c) The simplicity.
(d) The inspiration.
14. What kind of particles is beauty able to move?
(a) The particles of passion.
(b) The particles of wisdom.
(c) The particles of desire.
(d) The particles of love.
15. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say good writing will be able to do?
2. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
3. What kind of bug does Socrates say used to be human?
4. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
5. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)