|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of function does Socrates consider the analytical methods to have?
2. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
3. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
4. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
(a) Their usual way of life.
(b) Their preconceived notions.
(c) Their unhappiness.
(d) Their onward course.
5. What does Phaedras say persuasion often does NOT require?
6. What is the most important element of speech for rhetoricians?
7. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
(c) All of these.
8. How many kinds of inspiration do the gods provide?
9. What will most men look for in a mate according to Socrates?
(a) Someone who is beautiful.
(b) Someone who calms them.
(c) Someone who resembles themself.
(d) Someone who they have a bond with.
10. What kind of inspiration does Eros provide?
11. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
12. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
13. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
(c) High regard.
14. What does Socrates say will help a soul forget bad things?
15. What remains when desire becomes pain?
(a) Past happiness.
(b) The memory of beauty.
(c) Future desires.
(d) The pleasure of pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
2. What god has the most royal features about them?
3. What is a choice Socrates says men make every day?
4. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
5. What kind of particles is beauty able to move?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)