|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does pure beauty inspire the growth of?
2. What will most men look for in a mate according to Socrates?
(a) Someone who is beautiful.
(b) Someone who resembles themself.
(c) Someone who they have a bond with.
(d) Someone who calms them.
3. Which god gets violent when in love?
4. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
5. What does Phaedras say makes something debatable?
(a) It can be seen in two different ways.
(b) It can cause contention.
(c) It is not fully revealed.
(d) It is always changing.
6. What does Socrates say the soul readily identifies?
7. What does Socrates say happens to lovers who restrain desire?
(a) They become enslaved.
(b) They seek friendship.
(c) None of these.
(d) They end the passion.
8. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
9. Who wrote about duplicate expression?
10. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
11. What two things does Socrates say pleasures can be?
(a) Appropriate and inappropriate.
(b) Constructive and deconstructive.
(c) Active and inactive.
(d) Happy and sad.
12. What does Socrates say the gods use to inspire humans?
13. What is the first elemental part of a good rhetoric speech?
(a) The theme.
(b) The opening.
(c) The location.
(d) The thesis.
14. When does a soul overcome by desire become frantic?
(a) At night.
(b) During the day.
(c) When waking.
(d) When sleeping.
15. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
(a) The uniqueness.
(b) The complex nature.
(c) The simplicity.
(d) The inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What knowledge does Socrates say helped him become a good speech writer?
2. What is the most important element of speech for rhetoricians?
3. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
4. What do rhetoricians use to change the appearance of matters?
5. What does Phaedras say is a common attribute among writers?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)