|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
2. What does Socrates say are equally important for preparing to deliver a good speech?
(a) Appreciation and pride.
(b) Understanding and practice.
(c) Knowledge and tone.
(d) Confidence and truth.
3. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
(a) The simplicity.
(b) The inspiration.
(c) The complex nature.
(d) The uniqueness.
4. What does Phaedras say persuasion often does NOT require?
5. What does Socrates say the gods use to inspire humans?
6. What is a choice Socrates says men make every day?
(a) To act or be acted upon.
(b) To live or die.
(c) To fear or overcome.
(d) To learn or fester.
7. What does Phaedras think is most important to consider when writing a speech?
(a) The subject matter.
(b) The audience.
(c) The time restraints.
(d) The truth.
8. What does Socrates say happens to lovers who restrain desire?
(a) They become enslaved.
(b) None of these.
(c) They end the passion.
(d) They seek friendship.
9. What does Socrates always hope the hearers of his speeches will form?
(a) None of these.
10. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
(a) Their unhappiness.
(b) Their usual way of life.
(c) Their onward course.
(d) Their preconceived notions.
11. What does Socrates say the image of eternal beauty does to the black horse?
(a) Adores it.
(b) Elevates it.
(c) Scares it.
(d) Motivates it.
12. What do rhetoricians use to change the appearance of matters?
13. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
(b) High regard.
14. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
15. What does Socrates say those who recognize pure beauty will enjoy?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bug does Socrates say used to be human?
2. Which god gets violent when in love?
3. What is the first elemental part of a good rhetoric speech?
4. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
5. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)