|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
(d) High regard.
2. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
3. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
4. What does Phaedras say persuasion often does NOT require?
5. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
(a) The inspiration.
(b) The complex nature.
(c) The uniqueness.
(d) The simplicity.
6. What does Socrates say the best speeches evoke?
7. What does Socrates say the gods use to inspire humans?
8. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
9. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
10. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
11. What kind of inspiration provided by the gods is the best according to Socrates?
12. How many kinds of inspiration do the gods provide?
13. What does Socrates say those who recognize pure beauty will enjoy?
(a) All of these.
14. What kind of feelings does Socrates say true beauty can inspire?
(a) Joy and relief.
(b) Desire and impulse.
(c) Pleasure and pain.
(d) Rest and relaxation.
15. Who wrote about duplicate expression?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of function does Socrates consider the analytical methods to have?
2. What kind of particles is beauty able to move?
3. What does Socrates say are equally important for preparing to deliver a good speech?
4. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
5. What does Phaedras say makes something debatable?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)