Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
(a) An isolated look.
(b) A further study.
(c) A comparison.
(d) A definition of the subject.
2. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
3. What is persuasion according to Phaedras?
(a) The dressing of the truth.
(b) The appearance of truth.
(c) The need for followers.
(d) The need for change.
4. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
(a) Their onward course.
(b) Their preconceived notions.
(c) Their usual way of life.
(d) Their unhappiness.
5. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
6. What does Socrates say can lose an entire audience of a good speech?
(a) The language.
(b) The theme.
(c) The length.
(d) The tone.
7. What does pure beauty inspire the growth of?
8. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
(b) High regard.
9. What two things does Socrates say pleasures can be?
(a) Constructive and deconstructive.
(b) Active and inactive.
(c) Appropriate and inappropriate.
(d) Happy and sad.
10. What does Socrates say are equally important for preparing to deliver a good speech?
(a) Knowledge and tone.
(b) Appreciation and pride.
(c) Understanding and practice.
(d) Confidence and truth.
11. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
12. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
13. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
14. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
15. What god has the most royal features about them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do souls in a perfect state not know?
2. What does Phaedras say is a common attribute among writers?
3. What is another word for the conclusion of a speech?
4. What does Socrates say the soul retains in its next life?
5. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)