|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
(a) A comparison.
(b) A definition of the subject.
(c) An isolated look.
(d) A further study.
2. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
3. What is the most important element of speech for rhetoricians?
4. What does Socrates say souls will retain in different lives?
(a) Their association with the gods.
(b) Their memories of happiness.
(c) Their bonds with lovers.
(d) Their feelings of pain.
5. What do the Muses use to inspire humans?
(b) All of these.
6. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
7. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
8. What about pleasures does Socrates say men need to recognize?
(a) The advantages and disadvantages.
(b) The manner in which they come about.
(c) The good and bad causes.
(d) The affect of them on other people.
9. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
(d) All of these.
10. What does Socrates say happens to lovers who restrain desire?
(a) They seek friendship.
(b) They end the passion.
(c) None of these.
(d) They become enslaved.
11. What must a man have a knowledge of in order to give any speech according to Socrates?
12. What does Socrates say all desires lead to if allowed?
13. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
14. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
15. What do souls in a perfect state not know?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bug does Socrates say used to be human?
2. What does Socrates say the soul retains in its next life?
3. What kind of inspiration does Eros provide?
4. What is Phaedras full of after hearing Socrates's second speech?
5. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)