|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
(a) All of these.
2. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
(b) High regard.
3. Which god gets violent when in love?
4. What does Socrates say writing must be in order to be honorable?
(a) Well cited.
(b) Presented in an appropriate manner.
(c) Endowed with good qulaities.
(d) Prepared and researched.
5. According to Socrates, where do souls learn to deal with their love?
(a) By following their instincts.
(b) By following their associated gods.
(c) By watching their parents.
(d) By using their impulses.
6. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
(d) Other writers.
7. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
(a) They are noble.
(b) They are prideful.
(c) They are dangerous.
(d) They are unpredictable.
8. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
9. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
10. What knowledge does Socrates say helped him become a good speech writer?
(a) The response of audiences.
(b) The nature of the mind.
(c) The worth of language.
(d) The truth of all things.
11. What does Socrates say good writing will be able to do?
(a) Lead the reader.
(b) Confuse the reader.
(c) Teach the reader.
(d) Engage the reader.
12. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
13. What do the Muses use to inspire humans?
(d) All of these.
14. What kind of function does Socrates consider the analytical methods to have?
15. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
2. What is involved in the combination method of analysis?
3. What remains when desire becomes pain?
4. What does Socrates say calms a soul overcome by desire?
5. Who wrote about duplicate expression?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)