|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
(a) The simplicity.
(b) The inspiration.
(c) The complex nature.
(d) The uniqueness.
2. What does Socrates say the soul retains in its next life?
(a) Its vision.
(b) Its appearance.
(c) All of these.
(d) Its memory.
3. What does Socrates say men usually engage in?
(a) Nutritional activities.
(b) Dangerous activities.
(c) Educational activites.
(d) Sensual activites.
4. What does Socrates say can lose an entire audience of a good speech?
(a) The language.
(b) The length.
(c) The theme.
(d) The tone.
5. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
6. What is the most important element of speech for rhetoricians?
7. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
8. What knowledge does Socrates say helped him become a good speech writer?
(a) The truth of all things.
(b) The nature of the mind.
(c) The response of audiences.
(d) The worth of language.
9. What kind of inspiration does Eros provide?
10. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
11. What does Socrates say the image of eternal beauty does to the black horse?
(a) Adores it.
(b) Scares it.
(c) Motivates it.
(d) Elevates it.
12. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
(a) Socrates's first speech.
(b) Socrates's second speech.
(c) Lysias's speech.
(d) Phaedras's speech.
13. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
(a) An isolated look.
(b) A definition of the subject.
(c) A further study.
(d) A comparison.
14. What kind of bug does Socrates say used to be human?
15. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
2. What does Socrates say rhetoric must have to be considered art?
3. What does Phaedras say a man must know about before delivering a good speech?
4. What does Socrates say the best speeches evoke?
5. What do rhetoricians use to change the appearance of matters?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)