|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
2. What is a choice Socrates says men make every day?
(a) To act or be acted upon.
(b) To fear or overcome.
(c) To learn or fester.
(d) To live or die.
3. What does Socrates say rhetoric must have to be considered art?
4. What does Socrates say pure beauty will always involve?
5. When does a soul overcome by desire become frantic?
(a) When waking.
(b) When sleeping.
(c) At night.
(d) During the day.
6. What does Socrates say will help a soul forget bad things?
7. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
(a) Socrates's second speech.
(b) Lysias's speech.
(c) Phaedras's speech.
(d) Socrates's first speech.
8. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
9. What kind of feelings does Socrates say true beauty can inspire?
(a) Desire and impulse.
(b) Pleasure and pain.
(c) Rest and relaxation.
(d) Joy and relief.
10. What kind of inspiration does Eros provide?
11. What does Phaedras say writers consider themselves above?
(a) Other writers.
12. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
13. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
(a) A definition of the subject.
(b) A further study.
(c) An isolated look.
(d) A comparison.
14. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
15. What does Socrates say are equally important for preparing to deliver a good speech?
(a) Knowledge and tone.
(b) Understanding and practice.
(c) Confidence and truth.
(d) Appreciation and pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is persuasion according to Phaedras?
2. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
3. Who wrote about duplicate expression?
4. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
5. According to Socrates, where do souls learn to deal with their love?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)