|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
2. What is a choice Socrates says men make every day?
(a) To learn or fester.
(b) To act or be acted upon.
(c) To live or die.
(d) To fear or overcome.
3. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
4. According to Socrates, where do souls learn to deal with their love?
(a) By watching their parents.
(b) By following their instincts.
(c) By following their associated gods.
(d) By using their impulses.
5. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
6. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
(a) The simplicity.
(b) The complex nature.
(c) The uniqueness.
(d) The inspiration.
7. What does Phaedras say persuasion often does NOT require?
8. What does Phaedras say is a common attribute among writers?
9. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
10. What kind of bug does Socrates say used to be human?
11. What is involved in the combination method of analysis?
(a) A division of parts.
(b) A comparison.
(c) A pro and con aspect.
(d) All of these.
12. What does Socrates say the best speeches evoke?
13. What does Socrates say the soul retains in its next life?
(a) All of these.
(b) Its appearance.
(c) Its memory.
(d) Its vision.
14. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
15. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
2. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
3. What will most men look for in a mate according to Socrates?
4. What is the first elemental part of a good rhetoric speech?
5. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)