|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of things does Socrates say lovers will do to slow down their partner?
(b) All of these.
(c) Past knowledge.
2. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
3. What does Socrates say wrong speeches can lead to?
(a) Wrong actions.
4. What is Socrates embarrassed about when he begins his speech to Phaedras?
(a) None of these.
(b) Revealing information about himself.
(c) Competing with Lysias.
(d) Discussing a sensitive subject.
5. What does Socrates define in his speech to Phaedras?
(a) The role of language.
(b) The proper relationship.
(c) The influence of love.
(d) The need for poems.
6. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
(a) Monchuca Villa.
(b) Moroccon Place.
(c) Moruchia House.
(d) Morianican Delta.
7. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds dislike?
(a) Thins that help their relationship.
(b) Things that are superior to them.
(c) Things that don't involve them.
(d) Things that surprise them.
8. What does Socrates think the only reason to make a speech should be?
(a) For the sake of applause.
(b) For the advance of mankind.
(c) To feed one's own ego.
(d) To the search for truth.
9. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
10. What is the Recantation?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A book.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
11. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
(a) Study of language.
(b) Study in agriculture.
(c) Study of oneself.
(d) Study of history.
12. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds like?
(a) Things that remind them of their lover.
(b) Things that please their lover.
(c) Things that help their relationship.
(d) Things that agree with them.
13. What does Socrates say guides desire?
(a) Nature and heredity.
(b) Happiness and torture.
(c) Reason and emotion.
(d) Stability and progress.
14. What does Socrates say those in love care most about?
(a) Their image.
(b) Their lovers.
(c) Their privacy.
15. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
(a) Choosing healthy partners.
(b) Choosing older partners.
(c) Choosing rich partners.
(d) Choosing attractive partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delphic motto?
2. What kind of relationship does Phaedras think is superior?
3. What disability did Stesichorus have?
4. What does Socrates say leads to isolation in loving relationships?
5. What does Socrates say mania is a part of in his second speech?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)