|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say wrong speeches can lead to?
(b) Wrong actions.
2. What does reason discard when it is in control according to Socrates?
3. How does Socrates feel about Eros?
(a) He respects him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He hates him.
4. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
5. Who made good predictions when insane?
6. What is the Recantation?
(a) A book.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
7. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
(a) They are hard to realize.
(b) They can't be trusted.
(c) They are full of symbols.
(d) They are just as needed as others.
8. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
(a) All of these.
(b) Their kindness.
(c) Their assumptions.
(d) Their selfishness.
9. What does Socrates say about insanity in his second speech?
(a) It is natural.
(b) It is god-like.
(c) It is pleasant.
(d) It is common.
10. Who is the man at the beginning of Socrates's speech in love with?
(a) A married woman.
(b) A small girl.
(c) A small boy.
(d) A cousin.
11. Why does Socrates not want to take Phaedras's advice about his speech?
(a) It would be too long.
(b) It would be redundant.
(c) It would offend people.
(d) It would be hard for him.
12. Why did Socrates realize he made the speech to Phadras?
(a) For the sake of applause.
(b) For the advance of mankind.
(c) To feed his own ego.
(d) In the search for truth.
13. What does Socrates say those in love care most about?
(a) Their lovers.
(b) Their image.
(c) Their privacy.
14. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
15. What does Socrates say leads to isolation in loving relationships?
(a) Differing ideas.
(d) Past differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates want in a place to hear the speech?
2. What is more worthwhile to Socrates than opinions?
3. What kind of art was well liked in Socrates's time?
4. What facilitated the achievements of the Delphic women?
5. What does Socrates define in his speech to Phaedras?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)