|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say love is deprived of at the end of his speech?
(c) All of these.
2. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
3. How would gods make love divine?
(a) All of these.
(b) By participating in it themselves.
(c) By showing the right process.
(d) By blessing relationships.
4. Who is the man at the beginning of Socrates's speech in love with?
(a) A small boy.
(b) A married woman.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A small girl.
5. Who does Socrates say inspired his second speech?
6. How does Socrates feel about all the sites that Phaedras takes him to?
(a) He is nonplussed.
(b) He is enchanted.
(c) He is happy with them.
(d) He is depressed.
7. What does reason discard when it is in control according to Socrates?
8. What compels Socrates to give a speech of his own?
(a) Competition with Lysias.
(b) All of these.
(c) The need to teach.
(d) Phaedras's threat.
9. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
(a) Moroccon Place.
(b) Monchuca Villa.
(c) Morianican Delta.
(d) Moruchia House.
10. What is the Delphic motto?
(a) Be learned and humble.
(b) Trust all.
(c) Do no harm.
(d) Know theyself.
11. What does Socrates say wrong speeches can lead to?
(a) Wrong actions.
12. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
(a) The subject.
(b) The feeling.
(c) The language.
(d) The form.
13. Why did Socrates realize he made the speech to Phadras?
(a) To feed his own ego.
(b) For the advance of mankind.
(c) In the search for truth.
(d) For the sake of applause.
14. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
(a) To be kind ot Lysias.
(b) To come to dinner.
(c) To keep quiet about the speech he read.
(d) To give a speech of his own.
15. What does Socrates say mania is a part of in his second speech?
(a) Annointing the past.
(b) Striving for perfection.
(c) Redeeming the dead.
(d) Creating a future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras think about repetition in speech?
2. Who made good predictions when insane?
3. How does Phaedras feel about Socrates's discussion about relationships?
4. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds like?
5. What does Socrates say lies in desire?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)