|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
2. What does Phaedras think Socrates needs to add to his speech?
(b) Some more analogies.
(c) Real life examples.
(d) Advantages of a non loving relationship.
3. Who does Socrates say inspired his second speech?
4. Which of the following does Socrates say mania can deliver?
5. What does Phaedras threaten Socrates with?
(a) To take credit for his speech.
(b) Never to walk with him again.
(c) Never to give another speech.
(d) To end their friendship.
6. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
7. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
(a) Morianican Delta.
(b) Monchuca Villa.
(c) Moroccon Place.
(d) Moruchia House.
8. What does Socrates say his obligation as an orator is?
(a) To give correct speeches.
(b) To keep the gods' happy.
(c) To keep his mind balanced.
(d) To give entertaining speeches.
9. What does Socrates like most about the speech read by Phaedras?
(a) The form.
(b) The feeling.
(c) The subject.
(d) The language.
10. How does Socrates feel about Lysias's statement about prudent relationships?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He thinks it is rediculous.
(d) He is in full agreement.
11. What does Phaedras promise to do if Socrates can change his mind?
(a) Write his own speech.
(b) End his relationship.
(c) Convince Lysias.
(d) Spread the word.
12. What is the Recantation?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A book.
13. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
(a) Study of oneself.
(b) Study in agriculture.
(c) Study of history.
(d) Study of language.
14. What does Phaedras appreciate about Socrates's statement about relationships?
(a) The language.
(b) The logic.
(c) The controversial nature.
(d) The honesty.
15. How did Socrates describe the Delphic women's accomplishments?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lysias say the most rewarding relationship consists of?
2. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
3. Who made good predictions when insane?
4. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
5. What does Socrates say causes passion between lovers?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)