|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (273-279).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
(a) Choosing healthy partners.
(b) Choosing attractive partners.
(c) Choosing rich partners.
(d) Choosing older partners.
2. What does Socrates say are equally important for preparing to deliver a good speech?
(a) Understanding and practice.
(b) Appreciation and pride.
(c) Knowledge and tone.
(d) Confidence and truth.
3. What does Lysias say will be present in a prudent relationship?
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) The advancement of all partners.
4. What kind of inspiration provided by the gods is the best according to Socrates?
5. What does Phaedras say a man must know about before delivering a good speech?
(a) Certain things.
(b) Uncertain things.
(c) The truth.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
2. Which god gets violent when in love?
3. What were the bugs who used to be human doing when they died?
4. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
5. What kind of relationship does Phaedras think is superior?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)