|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (273-279).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
2. What does Phaedras say is a common attribute among writers?
3. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
(a) The feeling.
(b) The language.
(c) The subject.
(d) The form.
4. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
5. What does Socrates say writing must be in order to be honorable?
(a) Well cited.
(b) Prepared and researched.
(c) Presented in an appropriate manner.
(d) Endowed with good qulaities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
2. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
3. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
4. What does Socrates say guides desire?
5. What kind of particles is beauty able to move?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)