|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (273-279).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What knowledge does Socrates say helped him become a good speech writer?
(a) The response of audiences.
(b) The worth of language.
(c) The nature of the mind.
(d) The truth of all things.
2. What does pure beauty inspire the growth of?
3. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
(d) High regard.
4. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
5. Who took a nymph from the stream of Illissus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will analysis in speaking bring about?
2. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
3. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
4. What does Phaedras threaten Socrates with?
5. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)