|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (273-279).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of message does Socrates think is the most important?
2. When does a soul overcome by desire become frantic?
(a) At night.
(b) During the day.
(c) When waking.
(d) When sleeping.
3. How does Socrates feel about Eros?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He respects him.
4. What is needed for writing to be full of purpose?
5. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stesichorus receive his disability?
2. What does Tisias say should be endured when writing a good speech?
3. How does Socrates feel about Lysias's statement about prudent relationships?
4. What does pure beauty inspire the growth of?
5. What does Socrates say can lose an entire audience of a good speech?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)