|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras say persuasion often does NOT require?
2. What does Socrates say mania is a part of in his second speech?
(a) Redeeming the dead.
(b) Annointing the past.
(c) Striving for perfection.
(d) Creating a future.
3. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
(a) Choosing healthy partners.
(b) Choosing rich partners.
(c) Choosing older partners.
(d) Choosing attractive partners.
4. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
(a) To give a speech of his own.
(b) To come to dinner.
(c) To be kind ot Lysias.
(d) To keep quiet about the speech he read.
5. What does Socrates say the soul readily identifies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras think about repetition in speech?
2. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
3. What does Socrates say the image of eternal beauty does to the black horse?
4. What is another word for the conclusion of a speech?
5. What does Socrates say wrong speeches can lead to?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)