|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
2. Why does Socrates not want to take Phaedras's advice about his speech?
(a) It would be hard for him.
(b) It would offend people.
(c) It would be redundant.
(d) It would be too long.
3. What remains when desire becomes pain?
(a) Future desires.
(b) Past happiness.
(c) The pleasure of pain.
(d) The memory of beauty.
4. What does Socrates say causes passion between lovers?
5. What does Socrates say the image of eternal beauty does to the black horse?
(a) Adores it.
(b) Elevates it.
(c) Scares it.
(d) Motivates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say is addicting at the plane tree by the river?
2. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
3. What is the most important element of speech for rhetoricians?
4. What kind of inspiration does Eros provide?
5. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)