|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates define in his speech to Phaedras?
(a) The role of language.
(b) The need for poems.
(c) The proper relationship.
(d) The influence of love.
2. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
3. What is the Recantation?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A book.
(d) A prayer.
4. What does Socrates say must be arranged correctly in a good speech?
(a) The subject.
(b) The language.
(c) The rise and fall.
(d) The points.
5. Why does Socrates say some people seem unsound of mind when they are in love?
(a) They act that way.
(b) They present a bad image.
(c) They sequester themselves.
(d) They present a harmed image.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
2. What does Phaedras appreciate about Socrates's statement about relationships?
3. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
4. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
5. What two things does Socrates say pleasures can be?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)