|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of feelings does Socrates say true beauty can inspire?
(a) Pleasure and pain.
(b) Rest and relaxation.
(c) Desire and impulse.
(d) Joy and relief.
2. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
3. What does Socrates say can lose an entire audience of a good speech?
(a) The tone.
(b) The language.
(c) The theme.
(d) The length.
4. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
5. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say lies in desire?
2. How did Socrates describe the Delphic women's accomplishments?
3. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
4. What does Socrates say those who recognize pure beauty will enjoy?
5. How many kinds of inspiration do the gods provide?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)