|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (257-264).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability did Stesichorus have?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He had one leg.
(c) He was schizophrenic.
(d) He was deaf.
2. What does Socrates say the soul retains in its next life?
(a) Its memory.
(b) All of these.
(c) Its vision.
(d) Its appearance.
3. What does Phaedras think Socrates needs to add to his speech?
(a) Some more analogies.
(b) Advantages of a non loving relationship.
(c) Real life examples.
4. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
5. What does Socrates say good writing will be able to do?
(a) Teach the reader.
(b) Engage the reader.
(c) Confuse the reader.
(d) Lead the reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras think is most important to consider when writing a speech?
2. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
3. What does reason discard when it is in control according to Socrates?
4. What does Socrates think is different about people in the city from people in the country?
5. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)