|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (257-264).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say guides desire?
(a) Happiness and torture.
(b) Reason and emotion.
(c) Nature and heredity.
(d) Stability and progress.
2. What is another name for the Delphic women?
(a) David's women.
(b) Daphne's women.
(c) Dobono's women.
(d) Dodona's women.
3. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
(a) They are unpredictable.
(b) They are prideful.
(c) They are dangerous.
(d) They are noble.
4. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
(b) All of these.
5. What does pure beauty inspire the growth of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedras say is a common attribute among writers?
2. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Socrates say is a common attribute among slaves?
4. Why does Socrates say some people seem unsound of mind when they are in love?
5. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)