|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (257-264).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of art was well liked in Socrates's time?
(a) Concrete Art.
(b) Impressionistic Art.
(c) Stoic Art.
(d) Manic Art.
2. What does Socrates say love is deprived of at the end of his speech?
(d) All of these.
3. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
4. What does Lysias say the most rewarding relationship consists of?
(a) Two non lovers.
(b) Two lovers.
(c) A lover and a non lover.
(d) A woman and a man.
5. What remains when desire becomes pain?
(a) Past happiness.
(b) The memory of beauty.
(c) The pleasure of pain.
(d) Future desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability did Stesichorus have?
2. What does Phaedras say writing encourages among writers?
3. What does Socrates say one must do when dealing with a subject in a speech?
4. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
5. What is the Delphic motto?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)