|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (257-264).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
2. What does Socrates define in his speech to Phaedras?
(a) The proper relationship.
(b) The role of language.
(c) The need for poems.
(d) The influence of love.
3. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
4. What is Phaedras full of after hearing Socrates's second speech?
5. How does Socrates feel about all the sites that Phaedras takes him to?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is nonplussed.
(c) He is happy with them.
(d) He is enchanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delphic motto?
2. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
3. What does Phaedras doubt he can do while walking with Socrates?
4. How does Socrates feel about Eros?
5. What facilitated the achievements of the Delphic women?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)