|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (242-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Acumenus's occupation?
2. What disability did Stesichorus have?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He was deaf.
(c) He was schizophrenic.
(d) He had one leg.
3. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
(a) Their assumptions.
(b) Their selfishness.
(c) Their kindness.
(d) All of these.
4. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
5. Why does Socrates not want to take Phaedras's advice about his speech?
(a) It would be hard for him.
(b) It would be too long.
(c) It would offend people.
(d) It would be redundant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Socrates say some people seem unsound of mind when they are in love?
2. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
3. What compels Socrates to give a speech of his own?
4. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
5. What is more worthwhile to Socrates than opinions?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)