|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (242-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Socrates say mania can deliver?
2. What facilitated the achievements of the Delphic women?
3. What does Phaedras think Socrates needs to add to his speech?
(a) Some more analogies.
(b) Real life examples.
(d) Advantages of a non loving relationship.
4. What does Socrates say leads to isolation in loving relationships?
(b) Past differences.
(d) Differing ideas.
5. What kind of relationship does Phaedras think is superior?
(a) Loving relationships.
(b) Moderated relationships.
(c) Homosexual relationships.
(d) Non-loving relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Delphic women?
2. How does Phaedras feel when Socrates starts to explain how to arrange a good speech?
3. What does reason discard when it is in control according to Socrates?
4. What does Phaedras appreciate about Socrates's statement about relationships?
5. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)