|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (242-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
(a) A speech.
(c) A popular book.
2. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
(a) Study in agriculture.
(b) Study of oneself.
(c) Study of history.
(d) Study of language.
3. What does Phaedras think Socrates needs to add to his speech?
(a) Advantages of a non loving relationship.
(c) Some more analogies.
(d) Real life examples.
4. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
(a) They can't be trusted.
(b) They are hard to realize.
(c) They are just as needed as others.
(d) They are full of symbols.
5. What does Phaedras promise to do if Socrates can change his mind?
(a) Convince Lysias.
(b) End his relationship.
(c) Spread the word.
(d) Write his own speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delphic motto?
2. Where does Socrates say men get most of their education from?
3. What is Socrates embarrassed about when he begins his speech to Phaedras?
4. What kind of things does Socrates say lovers will do to slow down their partner?
5. What does Socrates say mania is a part of in his second speech?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)