|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (242-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
(a) Their selfishness.
(b) Their assumptions.
(c) All of these.
(d) Their kindness.
2. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
(a) Being depended on.
(b) Having someone to depend on.
(c) Having someone to praise.
(d) Being praised.
3. What does Phaedras promise to do if Socrates can change his mind?
(a) Convince Lysias.
(b) Spread the word.
(c) Write his own speech.
(d) End his relationship.
4. What disability did Stesichorus have?
(a) He had one leg.
(b) He was schizophrenic.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He was deaf.
5. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
(a) To keep quiet about the speech he read.
(b) To come to dinner.
(c) To be kind ot Lysias.
(d) To give a speech of his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
2. What does Socrates say mania is a part of in his second speech?
3. What does Socrates say love is deprived of at the end of his speech?
4. Who does Socrates say inspired his second speech?
5. What does Phaedras think Socrates needs to add to his speech?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)