|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (242-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras think Socrates needs to add to his speech?
(b) Real life examples.
(c) Some more analogies.
(d) Advantages of a non loving relationship.
2. How does Socrates feel about Eros?
(a) He respects him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He loves him.
3. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
(a) They can't be trusted.
(b) They are hard to realize.
(c) They are full of symbols.
(d) They are just as needed as others.
4. What does reason discard when it is in control according to Socrates?
5. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
(a) Having someone to depend on.
(b) Being depended on.
(c) Having someone to praise.
(d) Being praised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Socrates say mania can deliver?
2. What is more worthwhile to Socrates than opinions?
3. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds dislike?
4. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
5. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)