|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (242-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
(a) Choosing rich partners.
(b) Choosing older partners.
(c) Choosing healthy partners.
(d) Choosing attractive partners.
2. What does Socrates say must be arranged correctly in a good speech?
(a) The subject.
(b) The rise and fall.
(c) The language.
(d) The points.
3. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
4. What does Lysias say will be present in a prudent relationship?
(a) Love and kindness.
(d) The advancement of all partners.
5. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
(a) Having someone to depend on.
(b) Having someone to praise.
(c) Being praised.
(d) Being depended on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Socrates say men get most of their education from?
2. What does Socrates say about insanity in his second speech?
3. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
4. What is Lysias's occupation?
5. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)