|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (242-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
(a) They can't be trusted.
(b) They are hard to realize.
(c) They are full of symbols.
(d) They are just as needed as others.
2. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
(a) Being depended on.
(b) Being praised.
(c) Having someone to depend on.
(d) Having someone to praise.
3. Why does Socrates not want to take Phaedras's advice about his speech?
(a) It would offend people.
(b) It would be redundant.
(c) It would be hard for him.
(d) It would be too long.
4. What does Socrates say guides desire?
(a) Nature and heredity.
(b) Happiness and torture.
(c) Stability and progress.
(d) Reason and emotion.
5. Who made good predictions when insane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates say those in love care most about?
3. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
4. What does Socrates say is addicting at the plane tree by the river?
5. How does Socrates feel about all the sites that Phaedras takes him to?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)