|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Socrates embarrassed about when he begins his speech to Phaedras?
(a) Discussing a sensitive subject.
(b) None of these.
(c) Revealing information about himself.
(d) Competing with Lysias.
2. How does Socrates view the expression Lysias's speech?
3. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
4. What does Socrates think is different about people in the city from people in the country?
(a) All of these.
(b) They are better prepared.
(c) They are more conducive to learning.
(d) They are less patient.
5. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
(b) Hearing new ideas.
(d) Engaging discussions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
2. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
3. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
4. What does Socrates say is addicting at the plane tree by the river?
5. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)