|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
2. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds like?
(a) Things that agree with them.
(b) Things that help their relationship.
(c) Things that please their lover.
(d) Things that remind them of their lover.
3. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
(a) Their selfishness.
(b) Their assumptions.
(c) All of these.
(d) Their kindness.
4. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
(a) All of these.
(b) The elderly.
(d) The uneducated.
5. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
(a) The language.
(b) The form.
(c) The subject.
(d) The feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lysias say will be present in a prudent relationship?
2. What does Socrates say guides desire?
3. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
4. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
5. Who took a nymph from the stream of Illissus?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)