|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds like?
(a) Things that help their relationship.
(b) Things that remind them of their lover.
(c) Things that please their lover.
(d) Things that agree with them.
2. What does Socrates say must be arranged correctly in a good speech?
(a) The rise and fall.
(b) The language.
(c) The subject.
(d) The points.
3. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
(a) All of these.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The uneducated.
4. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
(a) Having someone to praise.
(b) Being praised.
(c) Being depended on.
(d) Having someone to depend on.
5. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say is addicting at the plane tree by the river?
2. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
3. What kind of things does Socrates say lovers will do to slow down their partner?
4. What is Lysias's occupation?
5. Who is the man at the beginning of Socrates's speech in love with?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)