|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say people overcome by the desire to love spend their time doing?
(a) Pleasing themselves.
(b) Fulfilling personal gratification.
(c) Feeding sexual desires.
(d) Pleasing the one they love.
2. What does Socrates say lies in desire?
3. What does Phaedras think about repetition in speech?
(a) It is common.
(b) All of these
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is beneficial.
4. What does Socrates want in a place to hear the speech?
(a) A rock and some water.
(b) Birds and sun.
(c) Some shade and a chair.
(d) A tree and a breeze.
5. What is the Delphic motto?
(a) Know theyself.
(b) Be learned and humble.
(c) Trust all.
(d) Do no harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates say those in love care most about?
3. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
4. What does Lysias say the most rewarding relationship consists of?
5. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)