|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 (227-234).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
(a) All of these.
(b) The uneducated.
(d) The elderly.
2. What is the Delphic motto?
(a) Be learned and humble.
(b) Trust all.
(c) Do no harm.
(d) Know theyself.
3. How does Phaedras feel about Socrates's discussion about relationships?
4. What does Phaedras appreciate about Socrates's statement about relationships?
(a) The honesty.
(b) The language.
(c) The controversial nature.
(d) The logic.
5. What do Socrates and Phaedras walk by while talking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A river.
(c) A lake.
(d) A common road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Lysias say will be present in a prudent relationship?
3. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
4. How does Socrates feel about Lysias's statement about prudent relationships?
5. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)