|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 (227-234).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
(a) The Gatherer.
(b) The Star Maker.
(c) The Virgin.
(d) The Huntress.
2. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The uneducated.
(c) All of these.
4. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
(b) Hearing new ideas.
(c) Engaging discussions.
5. What does Socrates want in a place to hear the speech?
(a) Birds and sun.
(b) A rock and some water.
(c) Some shade and a chair.
(d) A tree and a breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Acumenus's occupation?
2. What is more worthwhile to Socrates than opinions?
3. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
4. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)