|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 (227-234).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic did Lysias discuss with Phaedras before writing his speech?
2. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
(a) Choosing rich partners.
(b) Choosing attractive partners.
(c) Choosing older partners.
(d) Choosing healthy partners.
3. What does Lysias say the most rewarding relationship consists of?
(a) A lover and a non lover.
(b) Two non lovers.
(c) A woman and a man.
(d) Two lovers.
4. What does Socrates say is addicting at the plane tree by the river?
(a) The sounds.
(b) The peace.
(c) The fragrance.
(d) The beauty.
5. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
(b) A speech.
(d) A popular book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
2. How does Socrates feel about Lysias's statement about prudent relationships?
3. What does Socrates think people need to have sympathy towards?
4. What does Socrates think is different about people in the city from people in the country?
5. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)