|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras promise to do if Socrates can change his mind?
(a) Convince Lysias.
(b) Spread the word.
(c) End his relationship.
(d) Write his own speech.
2. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
3. What does Phaedras think about repetition in speech?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is beneficial.
(c) All of these
(d) It is common.
4. Who does Socrates say inspired his second speech?
5. What kind of feelings does Socrates say true beauty can inspire?
(a) Joy and relief.
(b) Desire and impulse.
(c) Rest and relaxation.
(d) Pleasure and pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god has the most royal features about them?
2. What does Socrates say causes passion between lovers?
3. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
4. Which speech does Phaedras think is the superior one?
5. What does Socrates say the gods use to inspire humans?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)