|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of inspiration provided by the gods is the best according to Socrates?
2. How would gods make love divine?
(a) By participating in it themselves.
(b) By showing the right process.
(c) By blessing relationships.
(d) All of these.
3. How did Stesichorus receive his disability?
(a) He offended the gods.
(b) He ignored the truth in his poems.
(c) He was caught in a horrible storm.
(d) He was punished for a crime.
4. What does Socrates say guides desire?
(a) Nature and heredity.
(b) Happiness and torture.
(c) Stability and progress.
(d) Reason and emotion.
5. What does Socrates say good writing will be able to do?
(a) Engage the reader.
(b) Lead the reader.
(c) Teach the reader.
(d) Confuse the reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delphic motto?
2. What kind of bug does Socrates say used to be human?
3. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
4. What is Phaedras full of after hearing Socrates's second speech?
5. What does Socrates say leads to isolation in loving relationships?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)