|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compels Socrates to give a speech of his own?
(a) The need to teach.
(b) All of these.
(c) Competition with Lysias.
(d) Phaedras's threat.
2. What word does Phaedras use to describe the affect of writing?
(a) All of these.
3. What does Socrates say is the most important tool in the outline of a speech?
4. How does Socrates feel about all the sites that Phaedras takes him to?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is nonplussed.
(c) He is enchanted.
(d) He is happy with them.
5. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
(a) An isolated look.
(b) A definition of the subject.
(c) A further study.
(d) A comparison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
2. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
3. How does Socrates view the expression Lysias's speech?
4. What trait does Socrates say most lovers want to see in their partners?
5. What does Socrates always hope the hearers of his speeches will form?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)