|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
2. What does Phaedras think is most important to consider when writing a speech?
(a) The audience.
(b) The truth.
(c) The subject matter.
(d) The time restraints.
3. What kind of inspiration does Apollo provide?
4. What about pleasures does Socrates say men need to recognize?
(a) The manner in which they come about.
(b) The good and bad causes.
(c) The advantages and disadvantages.
(d) The affect of them on other people.
5. What is Phaedras most concerned about with the speech he reads to Socrates?
(a) The form.
(b) The feeling.
(c) The subject.
(d) The language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do rhetoricians use to change the appearance of matters?
2. Where did Lysias visit with Epicrates?
3. What kind of inspiration does Dionysus provide?
4. Who is the man at the beginning of Socrates's speech in love with?
5. What is the most important element of speech for rhetoricians?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)