|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say those in love care most about?
(a) Their image.
(b) Their lovers.
(d) Their privacy.
2. What does Socrates say one must do when dealing with a subject in a speech?
(a) Write about the subject.
(b) Know the subject.
(c) All of these.
(d) Ponder the subject.
3. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds dislike?
(a) Things that surprise them.
(b) Things that don't involve them.
(c) Things that are superior to them.
(d) Thins that help their relationship.
4. What does Phaedras think about repetition in speech?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is common.
(c) It is beneficial.
(d) All of these
5. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
(a) The Virgin.
(b) The Huntress.
(c) The Gatherer.
(d) The Star Maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say must be arranged correctly in a good speech?
2. What does Socrates say people with unsound minds like?
3. What does Phaedras appreciate about Socrates's statement about relationships?
4. What is more worthwhile to Socrates than opinions?
5. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)