|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
2. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
3. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
(c) A speech.
(d) A popular book.
4. What does Socrates say about stories with little factual information?
(a) They can't be trusted.
(b) They are just as needed as others.
(c) They are full of symbols.
(d) They are hard to realize.
5. What do Socrates and Phaedras walk by while talking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A common road.
(c) A river.
(d) A lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say leads to isolation in loving relationships?
2. What does Socrates say is addicting at the plane tree by the river?
3. What choice in relationships does Socrates say would benefit society?
4. What does Lysias say lovers regret?
5. Why does Socrates say some people seem unsound of mind when they are in love?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)