|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say guides our actions?
2. What is the temple by the stream of Illissus built in honor of?
(a) The Huntress.
(b) The Gatherer.
(c) The Virgin.
(d) The Star Maker.
3. What does Socrates define in his speech to Phaedras?
(a) The influence of love.
(b) The role of language.
(c) The need for poems.
(d) The proper relationship.
4. What does Socrates say guides desire?
(a) Happiness and torture.
(b) Reason and emotion.
(c) Nature and heredity.
(d) Stability and progress.
5. What do Socrates and Phaedras talk about when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
(a) A speech.
(d) A popular book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say he is addicted to at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Socrates call the force of an uncontrolled desire for love?
3. What does Socrates say lies in desire?
4. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
5. How does Phaedras feel when Socrates starts to explain how to arrange a good speech?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)