|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (235-241).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Socrates say is the most pertinent?
(a) Study in agriculture.
(b) Study of oneself.
(c) Study of language.
(d) Study of history.
2. What does Socrates say people overcome by the desire to love spend their time doing?
(a) Pleasing themselves.
(b) Feeding sexual desires.
(c) Pleasing the one they love.
(d) Fulfilling personal gratification.
3. What does Phaedras think about repetition in speech?
(a) It is beneficial.
(b) All of these
(c) It is common.
(d) It is necessary.
4. What does lack of control in desires lead to according to Socrates?
5. What does Phedras want from Socrates when he threatens him?
(a) To be kind ot Lysias.
(b) To give a speech of his own.
(c) To come to dinner.
(d) To keep quiet about the speech he read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say guides desire?
2. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
3. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
4. What does Socrates want in a place to hear the speech?
5. What are Socrates and Phaedras doing when they meet each other at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)