Quiz: Chapter 5 (257-264)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What about pleasures does Socrates say men need to recognize?
a) The affect of them on other people.
b) The good and bad causes.
c) The advantages and disadvantages.
d) The manner in which they come about.
2. What does Phaedras say competition allows people to become?
3. What does Phaedras say writing does differently than other professions?
4. What is persuasion according to Phaedras?
a) The dressing of the truth.
b) The need for change.
c) The appearance of truth.
d) The need for followers.
5. What does Socrates say it is better to engage in than sleep?
This section contains 268 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)