|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (248-256).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Socrates not want to take Phaedras's advice about his speech?
(a) It would offend people.
(b) It would be redundant.
(c) It would be hard for him.
(d) It would be too long.
2. What disability did Stesichorus have?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He was schizophrenic.
(c) He was deaf.
(d) He had one leg.
3. How does Socrates say Phaedras delivered the speech?
4. Where does Socrates say men get most of their education from?
5. What does Socrates say one must do when dealing with a subject in a speech?
(a) All of these.
(b) Ponder the subject.
(c) Write about the subject.
(d) Know the subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is more worthwhile to Socrates than opinions?
2. What kind of things does Socrates say lovers will do to slow down their partner?
3. Which of the following does Socrates say mania can deliver?
4. What does Socrates say the black horse of the chariot represents?
5. What does pure beauty inspire the growth of?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)