|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Socrates embarrassed about when he begins his speech to Phaedras?
(a) Competing with Lysias.
(b) Discussing a sensitive subject.
(c) None of these.
(d) Revealing information about himself.
2. What does Socrates say brings lovers the most satisfaction in their relationships?
(a) Being depended on.
(b) Having someone to depend on.
(c) Being praised.
(d) Having someone to praise.
3. What does Socrates like most about the speech read by Phaedras?
(a) The feeling.
(b) The language.
(c) The subject.
(d) The form.
4. What does Socrates thinks madness frees men from?
(a) Their usual way of life.
(b) Their unhappiness.
(c) Their onward course.
(d) Their preconceived notions.
5. Why does Socrates say some people seem unsound of mind when they are in love?
(a) They present a bad image.
(b) They sequester themselves.
(c) They present a harmed image.
(d) They act that way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does reason discard when it is in control according to Socrates?
2. What kind of inspiration does Aphrodite provide?
3. What does Socrates say leads to isolation in loving relationships?
4. What does Socrates say make the bodies of gods perfect?
5. How many kinds of inspiration do the gods provide?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)