|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (265-272).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is involved in the synthesis method of analysis?
(a) A definition of the subject.
(b) A comparison.
(c) A further study.
(d) An isolated look.
2. How many kinds of inspiration do the gods provide?
3. What does Socrates define in his speech to Phaedras?
(a) The need for poems.
(b) The proper relationship.
(c) The influence of love.
(d) The role of language.
4. What kind of inspiration does Eros provide?
5. What does Socrates say the best speeches evoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of inspiration provided by the gods is the best according to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates say about white chariot horses?
3. What do souls in a perfect state not know?
4. What becomes contradictory if one is not well versed in a subject of a speech according to Socrates?
5. What do the Muses use to inspire humans?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)