|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plot does Captain Hook come up with to capture Peter Pan after having captured Wendy and the boys?
(a) To poison him
(b) To send the crocodile after him
(c) To leave him alone now that he has Wendy
(d) To wait for him to come to Wendy's rescue
2. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
(b) Ringing a bell
(c) Throwing fairy dust
(d) Clapping their hands
3. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) It turns to green.
(b) It grows brighter.
(c) It turns to blue.
(d) It grows dimmer.
4. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
(a) Sit in his chair
(b) Eat dinner
(c) Go out to fight pirates
5. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
(d) Combing her hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
2. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
3. What sign does Peter say the Indians will use to note they have won the battle with the pirates?
4. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
5. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
2. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
3. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
4. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
5. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
6. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
7. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
8. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
9. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
10. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)