|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What option does Hook offer two of the boys?
(a) To save themselves by turning over Peter Pan
(b) To save themselves by becoming Indians
(c) To be the first to walk the plank
(d) To save themselves by becoming cabin boys
2. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
(c) Combing her hair
3. How does Captain Hook attempt to poison Peter Pan?
(a) By pouring poison on Peter's dagger
(b) By pouring poison into Peter's mouth
(c) By pouring poison into Peter's medicine
(d) By putting poison on Peter's fork and plate
4. What action does Captain Hook eventually take with regard to sending pirates into his cabin?
(a) He throws in a bomb.
(b) He bolts the door.
(c) He sends in the Lost Boys.
(d) He goes inside himself.
5. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
(a) Wendy's cloak
(b) A pirate's hat
(d) None, he simply hides
Short Answer Questions
1. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
2. What is the favored food in Neverland?
3. Where does Tinkerbell live?
4. What final action does Captain Hook take upon knowing that he has been beaten?
5. What do the boys know to be the source of the ticking that stops the executions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
2. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
3. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
4. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
5. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
6. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
7. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
8. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
9. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
10. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)