|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
(a) They must fight the Indians.
(b) They must denounce the king.
(c) They must fight Peter Pan.
(d) They must make Wendy walk the plank.
2. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He prepares to go hunting.
(b) He goes to bed
(c) He packs to go along.
(d) He cries.
3. What does Peter Pan realize about Tinkerbells' situation after she saves him from the poison?
(a) That she will be saved if all boys and girls believe in fairies
(b) That he has to leave her in order to save Wendy
(c) That she will never again be green
(d) That she is going to die
4. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Send the Lost Boys away
(b) Move in with the Lost Boys
(c) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
(d) Kidnap Wendy
5. What does Smee say about a "mother"?
(a) That his mother is better than Captain Hook's mother
(b) That he loves his own mother
(c) That he does not know what a mother is
(d) That his mother will be calling him for supper soon
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Hook attempt to poison Peter Pan?
2. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
3. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
4. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
5. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
2. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
3. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
4. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
5. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
6. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
7. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
8. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
9. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
10. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)