|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "rule" does Wendy enforce regarding Peter Pan's chair?
(a) That they must take turns sitting in Peter's chair
(b) That no one sits in the father's chair when he is not at home
(c) That only she can sit in Peter Pan's chair when he is not at home
(d) That Peter's chair is broken
2. What does Smee plan to do with his captive when he reaches the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Drown the captive
(b) Give the captive to the mermaid
(c) Leave the captive on Marooner's Rock
(d) Feed the captive to the crocodile
3. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He goes to bed
(b) He prepares to go hunting.
(c) He packs to go along.
(d) He cries.
4. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) It grows dimmer.
(b) It turns to green.
(c) It grows brighter.
(d) It turns to blue.
5. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
(a) Asks Tinkerbell to describe the ship
(b) Gathers bows and arrows
(c) Sharpens his dagger
(d) Calls for the Indians to help him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smee say about a "mother"?
2. What does Peter Pan realize about Tinkerbells' situation after she saves him from the poison?
3. What plot does Captain Hook come up with to capture Peter Pan after having captured Wendy and the boys?
4. What last instruction does Wendy offer the boys as they face the pirates?
5. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
2. How is Tinkerbell saved?
3. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
4. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
5. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
6. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
7. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
8. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
9. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
10. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)