|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say he discovered upon returning to his own home after being in Neverland?
(a) That the windows were barred and another boy was in his bed
(b) He says he has never returned.
(c) That his brother wanted to come to Neverland
(d) That his parents had moved away
2. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
(a) A bird
(b) A crocodile
3. What plot does Captain Hook come up with to capture Peter Pan after having captured Wendy and the boys?
(a) To wait for him to come to Wendy's rescue
(b) To poison him
(c) To send the crocodile after him
(d) To leave him alone now that he has Wendy
4. What instrument does Hook call for in order to punish the boys that say, "God save the King?"
(a) A plank
(b) An arrow
(c) A whip
(d) A gun
5. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
(a) The Jolly Roger
(b) The Jumping Jiminy
(c) The Marooner
(d) The Captain Hook
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
2. What option does Hook offer two of the boys?
3. What sound does Captain Hook hear that brings the executions to an abrupt halt?
4. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
5. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
2. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
3. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
4. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
5. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
6. How is Tinkerbell saved?
7. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
8. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
9. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
10. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)