|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
(a) He calls to them.
(b) He simply waits for them to leave.
(c) He pours water into their underground home.
(d) He beats on a drum.
2. How are Wendy, John and Michael to return home?
(a) The pirates will take them on their ship.
(b) They learn that there is no way to return.
(c) Through the woods and across the sea
(d) By flying as they did when they arrived in Neverland
3. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Move in with the Lost Boys
(b) Kidnap Wendy
(c) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
(d) Send the Lost Boys away
4. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She offers to be his mother as well.
5. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
(a) He tells her to wait before she decides.
(b) He is happy and wants to go along.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He asks her to take the boys with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens each time Hook sends a pirate into his quarters as the showdown with Peter Pan draws near?
2. Who wakes Peter Pan to go to the rescue of Wendy and the boys?
3. What happens before Wendy and the boys can leave Neverland?
4. As children react to Peter's call, what happens to Tinkerbell?
5. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
2. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
3. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
4. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
5. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
6. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
7. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
8. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
9. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
10. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)