|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan do once Tinkerbell has recovered?
(a) Takes his medicine
(b) Rushes out to save Wendy and the boys
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Calls on the Indians
2. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
(b) A bird
(d) A crocodile
3. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
(a) Moon Rock
(b) Marooner's Rock
(c) Mariner's Rock
(d) Captain Hook's Rock
4. What sound does Captain Hook hear that brings the executions to an abrupt halt?
(a) Wendy's crying
(b) The ticking of the clock heralding the crocodile's approach
(c) Peter Pan's cry
(d) The war whoop of the Indians
5. What plot does Captain Hook come up with to capture Peter Pan after having captured Wendy and the boys?
(a) To wait for him to come to Wendy's rescue
(b) To poison him
(c) To send the crocodile after him
(d) To leave him alone now that he has Wendy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
2. What instrument does Hook call for in order to punish the boys that say, "God save the King?"
3. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
4. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
5. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
2. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
3. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
4. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
5. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
6. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
7. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
8. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
9. How is Tinkerbell saved?
10. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)