|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assurance does Peter Pan ask of Wendy that disappoints Wendy?
(a) That he does not have to read stories
(b) That he does not have to go to bed
(c) That they are only pretending that he is the father
(d) That she will go with him to fight the pirates
2. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
(b) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(c) It is where he comes to think.
(d) It is where mermaids always rest.
3. What role does Wendy assign Peter Pan in this family situation she has created?
(b) Her younger brother
(c) The oldest son
(d) Her protector
4. What does Captain Hook reveal about his plans for the children he is holding captive?
(a) That he never expected to capture them
(b) That he is going to make them be his slaves
(c) That he is going to keep them only until he catches Peter Pan
(d) That they are to be executed
5. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
(a) He pours water into their underground home.
(b) He simply waits for them to leave.
(c) He beats on a drum.
(d) He calls to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
2. How does Tinkerbell save Peter Pan from the poison?
3. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
4. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
5. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
2. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
3. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
4. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
5. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
6. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
7. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
8. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
9. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
10. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)