|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the pirate sent to fetch this instrument for Captain Hook's punishment of the boy who said, "God save the King?"
(a) He is killed by Peter Pan.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He tells the Captain the punishment is too harsh.
(d) He cannot find the item.
2. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Peter Pan, sounding like Hook, orders him to do so.
(b) He feels sorry for the captive.
(c) It was the punishment Captain Hook ordered.
(d) He cannot find the crocodile.
3. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
(a) A crocodile
(d) A bird
4. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Send the Lost Boys away
(b) Move in with the Lost Boys
(c) Kidnap Wendy
(d) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
5. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
(a) Use it to track Peter Pan for ever
(b) Sail away from Neverland
(c) Blow it up with a bomb
(d) Use fairy dust and fly to Wendy's home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
2. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
3. What does Peter Pan say about catching a mermaid?
4. What does Peter Pan say he discovered upon returning to his own home after being in Neverland?
5. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tinkerbell saved?
2. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
3. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
4. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
5. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
6. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
7. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
8. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
9. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
10. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)