|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan do to prepare for the upcoming battle with the pirates?
(a) Calls for the Indians to help him
(b) Gathers bows and arrows
(c) Sharpens his dagger
(d) Asks Tinkerbell to describe the ship
2. What does Smee plan to do with his captive when he reaches the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Drown the captive
(b) Feed the captive to the crocodile
(c) Leave the captive on Marooner's Rock
(d) Give the captive to the mermaid
3. What objection do some of the boys have to becoming pirates?
(a) Their mother will not like it.
(b) They cannot leave Wendy.
(c) They do not object and say they are willing.
(d) They do not want to work.
4. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
(a) They find they are lonely for Peter Pan.
(b) They are chased by a crocodile.
(c) They are captured by the Indians.
(d) They are captured by Captain Hook.
5. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
(a) Fights with Smee
(b) Slips away
(c) Takes Smee captive
(d) Jumps into the water
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
2. What are the reactions of John and Michael to Wendy's story?
3. As children react to Peter's call, what happens to Tinkerbell?
4. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
5. What option does Hook offer two of the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
2. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
3. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
4. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
5. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
6. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
7. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
8. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
9. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
10. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)