|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
(a) He flies.
(b) He swims.
(c) He sails to shore in a bird's nest.
(d) He holds to a kite's tail.
2. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
(a) To feed the crocodile so it will go away
(b) So that Peter Pan will leave
(c) To make the Lost Boys cry
(d) Girls on a ship are bad luck
3. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) It grows dimmer.
(b) It grows brighter.
(c) It turns to blue.
(d) It turns to green.
4. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
(a) It is where ship's captains leave sailors who have been naughty.
(b) It is where many ships have crashed and sank.
(c) It is where mermaids always rest.
(d) It is where he comes to think.
5. What is the favored food in Neverland?
(a) Only pretend food is eaten in Neverland
(c) Ice cream
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
2. What does Wendy say would happen to the Lost Boys if they go home with her?
3. What does Captain Hook reveal about his plans for the children he is holding captive?
4. How does Captain Hook lure Wendy and the boys from their hiding place?
5. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
2. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
3. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
4. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
5. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
6. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
7. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
8. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
9. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
10. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)