|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
(a) Captain Hook's Rock
(b) Marooner's Rock
(c) Moon Rock
(d) Mariner's Rock
2. When Smee loosens the bonds of his captive upon reaching the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid, what does the captive do?
(a) Takes Smee captive
(b) Jumps into the water
(c) Fights with Smee
(d) Slips away
3. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) He feels sorry for the captive.
(b) He cannot find the crocodile.
(c) Peter Pan, sounding like Hook, orders him to do so.
(d) It was the punishment Captain Hook ordered.
4. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
(a) Fighting a crocodile
(b) Sailing in a bird's nest
(c) Flying on the tail of a kite
5. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
(a) A pirate's hat
(b) None, he simply hides
(d) Wendy's cloak
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter Pan's reaction when Wendy asks him to take them home?
2. What happens to Wendy and the boys as they leave the underground home?
3. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
4. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
5. How does Tinkerbell save Peter Pan from the poison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
2. How is Tinkerbell saved?
3. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
4. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
5. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
6. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
7. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
8. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
9. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
10. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)