|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smee plan to do with his captive when he reaches the shore where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
(a) Give the captive to the mermaid
(b) Feed the captive to the crocodile
(c) Leave the captive on Marooner's Rock
(d) Drown the captive
2. What happens before Wendy and the boys can leave Neverland?
(a) John and Michael want another story.
(b) The pirates attack the Indians.
(c) The boys change their minds .
(d) Peter Pan convinces them to stay.
3. What does Wendy leave for Peter Pan as she is preparing to return to her own home?
(a) A hug
(b) Another thimble
(c) A glass of water that she says are his milk and medicine
(d) The button he gave her
4. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
(a) Washing her hair
(b) Clearing the table
(c) Darning their socks
(d) Searching for Peter Pan
5. What does Peter Pan do when Wendy and the others have left?
(a) He prepares to go hunting.
(b) He goes to bed
(c) He packs to go along.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say would be a very big adventure?
2. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
3. What option does Hook offer two of the boys?
4. What action does Captain Hook eventually take with regard to sending pirates into his cabin?
5. What "rule" does Wendy enforce regarding Peter Pan's chair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
2. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
3. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
4. What does Peter Pan say would be an incredible adventure? What is important about that statement?
5. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
6. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
7. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
8. What does Hook plan to do with the children? What does he say about other children at this time of night?
9. How is Tinkerbell saved?
10. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)