|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
(a) Kidnap Wendy
(b) Find someone like Wendy to live with them
(c) Send the Lost Boys away
(d) Move in with the Lost Boys
2. What happens to Tinkerbell's light after she saves Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) It grows brighter.
(b) It turns to green.
(c) It grows dimmer.
(d) It turns to blue.
3. What weapons do the Lost Boys pick up after they're freed?
(a) Anything they can find
(b) Daggers provided by Peter Pan
(c) Bows and arrows sent by the Indians
4. What proof are children asked to give that they believe in fairies?
(a) Throwing fairy dust
(b) Ringing a bell
(c) Clapping their hands
5. Why does Captain Hook decide that he must throw Wendy overboard?
(a) To feed the crocodile so it will go away
(b) Girls on a ship are bad luck
(c) So that Peter Pan will leave
(d) To make the Lost Boys cry
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mermaid doing when Wendy first sees her?
2. Why does Smee set his captive free upon reaching the place where Peter Pan and the others had seen the mermaid?
3. Who wakes Peter Pan to go to the rescue of Wendy and the boys?
4. What do the little boys say they want to do after Peter Pan returns to their home?
5. What task does Wendy say she is going to accomplish following their meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter Pan say about his mother? How does Peter Pan explain what he saw when he returned to the home he remembered?
2. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
3. Compare the role Wendy accepts to the role Peter Pan seems to want for himself. What is it about the situation that leaves both feeling that the other is not living up to expectations? What are their reactions?
4. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
5. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
6. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
7. What does Peter say when Hook asks who he is? What does he mean by this?
8. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
9. How is Tinkerbell saved?
10. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)