|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Hook's pirate ship?
(a) The Captain Hook
(b) The Jolly Roger
(c) The Jumping Jiminy
(d) The Marooner
2. What does Captain Hook threaten to do to the ship?
(a) Use it to track Peter Pan for ever
(b) Blow it up with a bomb
(c) Use fairy dust and fly to Wendy's home
(d) Sail away from Neverland
3. How does Tinkerbell save Peter Pan from the poison?
(a) She sprinkles fairy dust on it.
(b) She drinks it herself.
(c) She tells him of Hook's plan.
(d) She pours it out.
4. What is Smee using for transportation when he approaches the shore where Peter Pan, Wendy and the boys had been standing?
(a) Fairy dust
(b) A large ship
(c) An Indian canoe
(d) A dinghy
5. What does Peter Pan do with the eggs he removes from a bird's nest?
(a) Carries them to shore
(b) Throws them at Captain Hook
(c) Eats them
(d) Places them in a pirate's hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Hook use as an illustration to show Smee what a mother is?
2. What is the favored food in Neverland?
3. What weapons do the Lost Boys pick up after they're freed?
4. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
5. What does Smee suggest the pirates do in order to have a mother of their own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
2. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
3. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
4. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
5. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
6. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
7. How is Tinkerbell saved?
8. What noise does Peter Pan make upon killing the first pirate who enters Captain Hook's quarters? What does Captain Hook then call him?
9. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to the life he has chosen in Neverland to that of the boys. Compare Peter Pan's commitment to this life to that of his role as "father" of the boys.
10. What is John's reaction to Peter's arrival with the imaginary tigers he captured? What conflict could be brewing between John and Peter and why?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)