|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Pan tell Wendy about their relationship just before she leaves the underground home?
(a) That she should not take the boys
(b) That he is her son
(c) That she is no longer his friend
(d) That he will come visit to hear her stories
2. What makes John and Michael refuse to become pirates?
(a) They must fight the Indians.
(b) They must fight Peter Pan.
(c) They must make Wendy walk the plank.
(d) They must denounce the king.
3. How does Captain Hook attempt to poison Peter Pan?
(a) By pouring poison into Peter's mouth
(b) By putting poison on Peter's fork and plate
(c) By pouring poison into Peter's medicine
(d) By pouring poison on Peter's dagger
4. What is Captain Hook upset about when he approaches Smee after the captive escapes?
(a) That the crocodile is back
(b) That the Lost Boys have found a mother
(c) That he has not got a mother of his own
(d) That he was not able to catch a mermaid
5. What sign does Peter say the Indians will use to note they have won the battle with the pirates?
(a) The beating of a drum
(b) Triumphant yelling
(c) Smoke signals
(d) There will be no signal
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Peter Pan escape?
2. What "rule" does Wendy enforce regarding Peter Pan's chair?
3. How does Tinkerbell save Peter Pan from the poison?
4. Why is there someone willing to watch over the boys' home following the run in between Peter Pan and Captain Hook?
5. What does Peter Pan do with the eggs he removes from a bird's nest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter arm the Lost Boys? How does he hide on deck?
2. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
3. How is Tinkerbell saved?
4. Does Peter Pan seem to realize the level of Tinkerbell's devotion after she drinks the poison? Why or why not?
5. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
6. What happens to memories of parents once a child reaches Neverland? What sparks memories in Wendy, John and Michael?
7. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
8. What magical creature does Peter Pan attempt to catch for Wendy? What does he say about capturing this creature? Why do you believe he offers that information?
9. What plan do Smee and Captain Hook concoct as a way to get even with Peter Pan? What is the two-fold reason for this plan? What is Wendy's reaction?
10. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)