|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rock are Wendy and Peter Pan sitting on right after seeing the mermaid?
(a) Captain Hook's Rock
(b) Marooner's Rock
(c) Mariner's Rock
(d) Moon Rock
2. What task does Wendy assign the boys following their meal?
(a) To clear the table
(b) To take a bath
(c) To darn the socks
(d) To wash their hands
3. What disguise does Peter Pan don as he prepares to fight Captain Hook?
(a) A pirate's hat
(c) Wendy's cloak
(d) None, he simply hides
4. What does Wendy leave for Peter Pan as she is preparing to return to her own home?
(a) A hug
(b) The button he gave her
(c) A glass of water that she says are his milk and medicine
(d) Another thimble
5. What option does Hook offer two of the boys?
(a) To save themselves by becoming cabin boys
(b) To save themselves by turning over Peter Pan
(c) To be the first to walk the plank
(d) To save themselves by becoming Indians
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there someone willing to watch over the boys' home following the run in between Peter Pan and Captain Hook?
2. When Peter Pan returns to the boys' home, what does he tell Wendy he caught?
3. What is Wendy's reaction to Smee's comment about mothers?
4. When Peter Pan and Wendy are stranded by the rising tide, how does Wendy escape?
5. What, according to Peter Pan, is the specific purpose for the rock on which he and Wendy are sitting immediately after sighting the mermaid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Hook react when he realizes that he cannot beat Peter Pan at a sword fight?
2. Describe the lengths to which Wendy takes her role as mother to the lost boys.
3. Why did Captain Hook put poison in the glass of water in Peter Pan's house? What does this say about Captain Hook's character?
4. What is the final conversation shared by Wendy and Peter Pan before Wendy is captured by the pirates? What is Wendy searching for?
5. What noise does Peter Pan make to confuse Captain Hook just before he rescues the children? What is Captain Hook's reaction to the sound? What are the boys' reaction?
6. What action does Peter Pan take upon learning that Wendy and the boys have been kidnapped?
7. What does Smee say about mothers? What is Wendy's reaction? Why does Wendy respond in this manner?
8. Following the pirate attack, the Lost Boys talk of how frightened they are without Peter. What does this say about the relationship between Peter and the boys? Is this a fulfilling relationship on all sides?
9. What does Tinkerbell do in order to save Peter Pan? What does this say about her devotion to Peter Pan?
10. How do Peter Pan and Wendy escape the rising tide? What significance can be placed on their manner of escape? Why do they not simply fly?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)