|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, The New Russia, Chapters 58-63 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter could be easily identified and thronged until he was set up securely in which dockyard?
(a) Amserdam Shipping Company.
(b) Rotterdam Naval Shipyard.
(c) East India Company.
(d) Netherlands Nautical, Ltd.
2. Entering Peter's world through Lefort, how did Massie describe Alexander Menshikov in Chapter 28?
(a) Calculating, greedy, talented.
(b) Fearless, edutated, dangerous.
(c) Talented, greedy, dangerous.
(d) Educated, calculating, fearless.
3. Golitsyn was responsible for what foreign policy highpoint of the Regency?
(a) Return of Kazan to Russian control.
(b) Return of Perm to Russian control.
(c) Return of Kiev to Russian control.
(d) Return of Moscow to Russian control.
4. Chapter 21 reflected Peter was back at his highest priority, finding in his shipyards any waste, shortages, or ________.
(a) New ideas.
(b) Punishable activities.
(c) Sullen workers.
(d) Rewardable efforts.
5. Where did Peter build an outpost that grew into the Kronstadt naval base?
(a) Bornholm Island.
(b) Wolin Island.
(c) Gotland Island.
(d) Kotlin Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. From Voronezh where he displayed power and obtained a treaty with the Turks when Baltic fighting started, Peter set out to reclaim what?
2. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
3. Which new fleet did Peter use in Chapter 44?
4. With Severia lost, where did Charles XII go?
5. Why did Peter go incognito to complete his education?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)