|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, The New Russia, Chapters 58-63 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What transpired after a broken Alexis was condemned to death?
(a) Sentence commuted, exiled to monastery.
(b) Died before sentence is administered.
(c) Publicly admitted guilt, was forgiven.
(d) Escaped custody, returned to exile.
2. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Food rations.
(b) Safe retreat.
(c) Warm quarters.
(d) Dry gunpowder.
3. Charles XII broke traditions, proved rash in using disciplined troops, and forced battles. How long did it take for Russia to stand up to him?
(a) Several decades.
4. When Peter lived openly in the German suburb among foreigners, which three important friends did he make?
(a) Andrew Vinius, Louis de Vauban, Patrick Gordon.
(b) Patrick Gordon, Andrew Vinius, Francis Lefort.
(c) Sylvester Medvedev, Louis de Vauban, Alexander Danilovich.
(d) Sylvester Medvedev, Alexander Danilovich, Francis Lefort.
5. Which new fleet did Peter use in Chapter 44?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
2. What injury lay Charles XII up nearly dead from infection?
3. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
4. Peter failed in his efforts with Leopold I to gain an ally against the Turks, as Austria was seeking peace in anticipation of new warfare in _____________.
5. Chapter 35 showed the effects of which year's intense cold that gripped all of Europe?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)