|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, On the European Stage, Chapters 53-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patriarch Nikon, who challenged Alexis and sternly enforced his own views, was deposed in what year?
2. Russia captured Riga and _________.
3. Which two carousing groups did Peter form that convinced many he was the Antichrist?
(a) "Jolly Muskateers" and "Laughing Bandits."
(b) "Jolly Company" and "Drunken Synod."
(c) "Imbibing Crewmen" and "Happy Swordsmen."
(d) "Merry Helmsmen" and "Roistering Angels."
4. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
(a) Mourned, cried publicly.
(b) Mourned, prayed privately.
(c) Mourned, chanted publicly.
(d) Mourned, raged publicly.
5. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
Short Answer Questions
1. England's William I, who had sent the fleet each summer to advance Hanover's interests, reversed alliances for what reason?
2. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
3. Martha Skavronskaya, a peasant girl Sheremetev captured, later became Peter's wife and successor as _________.
4. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
5. What happened to Peter's great fleet when he sent an envoy on the first Russian warship to enter the Black Sea?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)