|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, On the European Stage, Chapters 53-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ulrika, the sister of Charles XII, assumed the throne and ordered Goertz beheaded, which left Sweden as a _________.
(b) Stable power.
(c) Sovereign country.
(d) Vantage point.
2. What title of Chapter 19 encapsulated Russian punishment methods?
(a) "Fire and Rope".
(b) "Fire and Knout."
(c) "Fire and Brimstone".
(d) "Fire and Death".
3. The King of Poland convinced Peter to undertake a joint war against which nation?
4. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
5. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
(a) St. Petersburg.
(c) .Nizhny Novgorod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
2. In Chapter 25, Peter attacked a 13th-century Estonian seaport fortress that was defended by how many men?
3. As many fundamentalists rallied behind Archpriest Avvakum, where did others populate?
4. In Chapter 9, Peter was shown enjoying his freedom for how many more years?
5. Peter failed in his efforts with Leopold I to gain an ally against the Turks, as Austria was seeking peace in anticipation of new warfare in _____________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)