|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The Great Northern War, Chapters 34—39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
(a) Zaporozhsky and Crimean Tatars.
(b) Zaporozhsky and Crimean Cossacks.
(c) Zaporozhsky Tatars, Crimean Cossacks.
(d) Zaporozhsky Cossacks, Crimean Tatars.
2. What happened to Swedish prisoners of war?
(a) Exchanged for Russian prisoners.
(b) Dispersed to frontiers.
(d) Made into slaves.
3. Peter was able to launch a disciplined infantry line which enveloped ________/
(a) Counter-striking Swedes.
(b) Fleeing Swedes.
(c) Charging Swedes.
(d) Retreating Swedes.
4. The King of Poland convinced Peter to undertake a joint war against which nation?
5. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Warm quarters.
(b) Food rations.
(c) Safe retreat.
(d) Dry gunpowder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
2. What was William III doing in Holland when the "Great Embassy" arrived?
3. The "Great Embassy" ended abruptly before a trip to ________________because word came that the Streltsy were rebelling?
4. Patkul, an anti-Swede from __________, stirred Peter and Augustus to action against Charles XII?
5. Golitsyn was responsible for what foreign policy highpoint of the Regency?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)