|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The Great Northern War, Chapters 34—39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha Skavronskaya, a peasant girl Sheremetev captured, later became Peter's wife and successor as _________.
(a) Catherine II.
(b) Martha I.
(c) Martha II.
(d) Catherine I.
2. Chapter 21 reflected Peter was back at his highest priority, finding in his shipyards any waste, shortages, or ________.
(a) New ideas.
(b) Punishable activities.
(c) Sullen workers.
(d) Rewardable efforts.
3. What were some ways Peter broke tradition beyond freeing himself of Eudoxia, shaving nobles' beards, and using decorations in lieu of land as rewards?
(a) Affording peasants, not serfs, voting rights.
(b) Offering land in exchange for military service.
(c) Reforming the calendar and currency.
(d) Reforming Russian feudal system.
4. What happened to Sophia after her inner circle was tortured and Peter refused to see her?
(a) She was executed.
(b) She was banished to Golitsyn's place of exile.
(c) She was forced to see the torture and execution of her inner circle.
(d) She was sent for life to Novodevichy Convent.
5. Chapter 35 showed the effects of which year's intense cold that gripped all of Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two carousing groups did Peter form that convinced many he was the Antichrist?
2. In Chapter 7, Sophia installed new cohorts including her lover, Prince Vasily Golitsyn, and which others?
3. How long did Peter work at the Dutch company to learn his trade?
4. What was the name of the frigate Peter helped to construct?
5. Patkul, an anti-Swede from __________, stirred Peter and Augustus to action against Charles XII?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)