|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The Great Northern War, Chapters 34—39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter dealt harshly with robbers and beggars, especially ones who ________________.
(a) Threatened women.
(b) Threatened children.
(c) Threatened foreigners.
(d) Threatened the ill or handicapped.
2. Peter was able to launch a disciplined infantry line which enveloped ________/
(a) Counter-striking Swedes.
(b) Charging Swedes.
(c) Retreating Swedes.
(d) Fleeing Swedes.
3. Charles XII hoped to ally with Hetman Mazeppa, the Cossack who had been waiting for an opportunity to win independence for ___________.
(a) Ten years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
4. What happened to Peter's great fleet when he sent an envoy on the first Russian warship to enter the Black Sea?
(a) Engaged in future warfare service.
(b) Rotted unused for lack of purpose.
(c) Sold, leaving sailors to march back.
(d) Relinquished as part of the truce.
5. Peter evaded an anti-Swedish alliance in Prussia to concentrate on whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Streltsy mobilized against rumors that Peter would kill whom in Chapter 8?
2. What happened to Sophia after her inner circle was tortured and Peter refused to see her?
3. Chapter 35 showed the effects of which year's intense cold that gripped all of Europe?
4. Peter was humiliated across Europe when Swedes broke through what type of defenses that the Russians built at Narva?
5. Where did Peter build an outpost that grew into the Kronstadt naval base?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)