|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the mermaids to run from Slank?
2. Who knocks out Peter?
3. What is the Starstuff held in?
4. Who saves Molly when Slank is about to kill her?
5. How many savages are looking at James when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Peter communicate with the mermaid?
2. What does Molly choose to do when she sees the orphans with the savages?
3. Why does Stache insist on following the flying crocodile?
4. What does Peter see when he finally finds Ted?
5. How does Stache help the pirate overcome his fear about the flying people?
6. What does Slank plan to do once he and the treasure are safe?
7. How does Molly feel when she hears about Peter's connection with the mermaids?
8. How does Slank find the chest?
9. What does the blonde mermaid do when Peter heals her?
10. What is happening in the Lagoon to the fish near the chest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
How does the chest affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 3
How does Peter make his important decision at the end of the book, and what does this indicate about his personality?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)