|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Slank plan to take the chest?
2. Who crafts a proper storage container for the Starstuff?
3. What does Stache hold hostage for the trunk?
4. How is Peter saved from the weapon used by Slank when he is almost to the ship?
5. Who gets the trunk away from Stache after he takes it from Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Black Stache order at the crossroads?
2. What does the blonde mermaid do when Peter heals her?
3. What made Mr. Grin like human flesh?
4. How do Alf's actions around the boys disprove his ideas about himself?
5. What does Slank plan to do once he and the treasure are safe?
6. What happens when Alf tries to communicate with the savages?
7. How can Peter communicate with the mermaid?
8. What makes the savage leader start to believe Alf's story?
9. Why does Stache insist on following the flying crocodile?
10. What causes Stache to be nice to the pirate who says he is afraid when seeing the flying people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Slank's secret identity, and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Slank feel he must keep this a secret, and what does this say about the nature of the other people on the ship?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Starstuff and what effects does it have on the plot and the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Ammm is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain his character and the significance he and his presence have on Molly's well-being and the plot.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)