|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Slank know that pirates are on the Wasp?
2. What is Edward Grumpkin's occupation?
3. What does Peter use to make a guard drunk?
4. What does Molly threaten to do to Peter?
5. Who sees Preston when he is lost at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Others, and how does Molly feel about them?
2. How do the orphans get to the island?
3. What helps Black Stache to feel calm as the storm begins to brew?
4. What is the Angel's Graveyard?
5. How do Molly and Peter keep the chest away from Black Stache and what worries do they have about this?
6. What does Captain Scott say when Leonard tries to warn him of coming danger?
7. What is wrong with the food first offered to Peter on the ship?
8. How does Molly send a message to her father?
9. How did Zarboff become King?
10. How does Molly prove to Peter that her story is true?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does this story differ from the traditional telling of this plot, and how do you feel about these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Harry at the lagoon near the end of the book, and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change Peter's life and perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Leonard is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Leonard had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)