|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the chest that Leonard is guarding?
2. What is Edward Grumpkin's occupation?
3. What strange thing does Alf feel from the thing he is stealing?
4. Where does Molly keep extra Starstuff?
5. What is the first thing Peter decides to steal on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stache get Slank to divulge information about the treasure?
2. What is Molly unable to communicate to those taking a message to her father?
3. Who are the Others, and how does Molly feel about them?
4. What helps most of the orphans to sleep well for the first time since coming on the ship?
5. Why does Captain Scott make the decision to try and board the pirate ship?
6. What does Peter do to save the trunk from Stache?
7. How did Zarboff become King?
8. What does Peter do that makes Hungry Bob laugh?
9. How does Black Stache make his ship faster, and why?
10. How does Peter convince Alf to help him find what is in the chest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the chest affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 2
What is Slank's secret identity, and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Slank feel he must keep this a secret, and what does this say about the nature of the other people on the ship?
Essay Topic 3
How does Peter make his important decision at the end of the book, and what does this indicate about his personality?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)