|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves the boys when the ship begins to break apart?
2. What does Slank threaten to do with anyone caught in the hold?
3. What animal does Peter see flying?
4. Who is the first to notice Peter returning to the ship?
5. What causes James to cry himself to sleep in the jungle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Peter after he saves the trunk from Stache?
2. What does Ammm teach Peter when he is thrown overboard?
3. How does Molly prove to Peter that her story is true?
4. How does Black Stache make his ship faster, and why?
5. What does Captain Scott say when Leonard tries to warn him of coming danger?
6. How did Zarboff become King?
7. What helps Black Stache to feel calm as the storm begins to brew?
8. What happens around the trunk when it washes up after the storm?
9. What is wrong with the food first offered to Peter on the ship?
10. What is Molly unable to communicate to those taking a message to her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What causes Fighting Prawn to be so upset with the British, and how does this viewpoint change for him over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does Peter make his important decision at the end of the book, and what does this indicate about his personality?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)