|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the Starstuff in the chest?
2. What does Stache follow when he gets to the island?
3. What message does Molly give to the animals in the ocean she can talk to?
4. What does Slank tell Stache he has on his ship instead of treasure?
5. Who is the first to notice Peter returning to the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens around the trunk when it washes up after the storm?
2. How do the orphans get to the island?
3. What is Black Stache's plan to take over the Neverland?
4. What shock does Leonard receive when Stache opens the chest?
5. How does Stache get Slank to divulge information about the treasure?
6. What three things are told Leonard in his message from Molly?
7. How does Peter convince Alf to help him find what is in the chest?
8. How do Molly and Peter keep the chest away from Black Stache and what worries do they have about this?
9. What is the first thing Black Stache does when he gets to the island?
10. How did Zarboff become King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the magical elements from the book and how they are executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Peter's character?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mr. Grin, how does he come to be the way he is, and how is the course of the plot altered by his presence?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)