|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Slank hold hostage for the chest?
(a) The crocodile.
(b) A mermaid.
(d) The orphans.
2. What is wrong with the blonde mermaid?
(a) Her temperature is too low.
(b) Her tail is cut.
(c) Her head is bleeding.
(d) Her arm is broken.
3. What does Stache tell his crew to do when they see the mermaids?
(a) Shoot them all.
(b) Wait til the fight is over.
(c) Run away.
(d) Capture one.
4. What does Smee do that none of the other pirates do in the jungle?
(a) Mentions the crocodile.
(b) Comforts others.
(c) Finds food.
(d) Keeps his weapon out.
5. How does Peter cure the blonde mermaid?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He uses Starstuff.
(c) He binds the wound with seaweed.
(d) He takes her to the lagoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scouts does Stache send at the fork in the path?
2. What happens to Richard as he carries the chest to the longboat?
3. How is Peter saved from the weapon used by Slank when he is almost to the ship?
4. What weapons are the savages James wakes up to carrying?
5. What is at the center of the mermaid lagoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter see when he finally finds Ted?
2. What promise does Peter break when he goes to the shore?
3. How can Peter communicate with the mermaid?
4. How does Stache help the pirate overcome his fear about the flying people?
5. What does Molly choose to do when she sees the orphans with the savages?
6. What does Leonard do when Peter decides to stay on the island?
7. What does Peter build his new home out of?
8. What made Mr. Grin like human flesh?
9. What causes Stache to be nice to the pirate who says he is afraid when seeing the flying people?
10. What does Slank plan to do once he and the treasure are safe?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)