|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alf hurt when he falls?
(a) His knee.
(b) His back.
(c) His head.
(d) His shoulder.
2. What happens to Richard as he is carrying the trunk?
(a) He has genius thoughts.
(b) All of these.
(c) His wounds are healed.
(d) He feels happier.
3. What does Slank do to the crew after escaping?
(a) Kills them.
(b) Throws them overboard.
(c) Gets them drunk.
(d) Ties them up.
4. Why does the savage leader hate the British?
(a) He read a book about them.
(b) He was kidnapped.
(c) They left him there.
(d) They killed his parents.
5. Where is the chest kept?
(a) Under the sea.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A cave.
(d) Behind the waterfall.
6. What kind of animal is Mr. Grin?
7. Who stabs Fighting Prawn?
(c) Black Stache.
8. How many scouts does Stache send at the fork in the path?
9. Where does Slank plan to take the chest?
(a) Another island.
10. What does Slank hold hostage for the chest?
(b) The orphans.
(c) The crocodile.
(d) A mermaid.
11. What makes Slank angry when he is almost to the ship?
(a) Richard can fly.
(b) The chest is empty.
(c) Molly is getting away.
(d) Peter is still alive.
12. How many savages are looking at James when he wakes up?
13. Who saves Fighting Prawn?
(c) His son.
14. What is Peter doing when he is knocked out?
(a) Helping the mermaid.
(b) Heading to the chest.
(c) Getting water.
(d) Flying away.
15. Who is with Stache when he sees where the boys are?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it hard for the savages to choose what to do about their prisoners?
2. What causes the mermaids to run from Slank?
3. What is at the center of the mermaid lagoon?
4. What decision does Peter make after the feast?
5. Who leads Molly to the Lagoon?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)