|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Leonard within range of the harpoons?
(a) A whale pushes him.
(b) The chest makes him slow.
(c) He rescues a sailor.
(d) He gets blown there.
2. What is the strange language Peter hears on the island made of?
(c) All of these.
3. What does the King feed his snake?
(a) Small children.
(b) Pigs and servants.
(d) Roosters and hens.
4. What strange thing does Alf feel from the thing he is stealing?
5. What is the name of the ship the boys get on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Ever More.
(b) The Never Land.
(c) The Far Away.
(d) The Home Away From Home.
6. What happens to Peter when the trunk is thrown in the ocean?
(a) He feels a longing.
(b) He sinks with it.
(c) He loses the ability to fly.
(d) He passes out.
7. Who is guarding the chest?
8. Why does Molly feel the need to hurry and meet the boys on the shore?
(a) She sees the chest.
(b) The Wasp is heading for the same place.
(c) Peter is sick.
(d) They don't know where to go.
9. What does Alf hear from the thing he is stealing?
(a) Ocean waves.
(b) Loud clanging.
(c) Happy voices.
(d) Tiny bells.
10. Who is the only person to believe Alf's talk about the chest?
11. Who is the first orphan to disappear on the island?
12. What is Mack's occupation?
(c) Cab driver.
(d) Leader at St Norbert's.
13. With what does Alf wrap the thing he is stealing?
14. How does Peter head back to the ship after being thrown off?
(a) He swims.
(b) He is taken by the porpoise.
(c) He flies.
(d) He grabs a rope.
15. Where does Molly tell Peter about her father's group?
(a) The deck.
(b) The crow's nest.
(c) Her room.
(d) Below deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered Alf to steal something?
2. What is the first thing Peter decides to steal on the ship?
3. What do most mythological gods have in common?
4. What color are the feet James sees when he wakes up after crying himself to sleep?
5. What does Peter use to make a guard drunk?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)