|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the three men murdered?
2. Which of the following people was not murdered?
3. What does Munira offer Karega?
4. Which of Wanja's family lives in Ilmorog?
5. What does Karega want to send to the MP?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Munira try and get rid of Karega in Chapter 9?
2. What mistakes do the strikers make in this opening chapter?
3. Why was the year following Wanja's departure so hard?
4. In what way has the visit to the city changed Karega?
5. Describe Wanja's character and changing situation in Chapter 4.
6. In what way does Ilmorog no longer look the place it was?
7. Describe Munira's relationship with Lilian.
8. How does Jospeh react to Abdulla's apology?
9. In what way does the second officer treat Munira more kindly?
10. How have Munira and Wanja coped since Karega left Illorog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Trans Africa Road and why was it built? How does the Trans Africa Road affect the local community? Do the students think the villagers will lose anything important in their lives by having such a road?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Petals of Blood is written in the third person. Why do you think Thiongo chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person? What difference does it make to the story that Thiongo is one of the characters?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)