|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the elders want to kill the donkey?
(a) For fun
(b) To end the drought
(c) For a religious ceremony
(d) For food
2. For what does Munira criticize his father?
(a) His attitude towards his children
(b) His lack of education
(c) His exploitation of his workers
(d) His hypocrisy
3. Which of Wanja's family lives in Ilmorog?
(a) Her father
(b) Her brother
(c) Her grandmother
(d) Her sister
4. At what does Wanja want another chance?
5. Why does Abdulla's donkey become respected in this chapter?
(a) It never complains.
(b) It pulls the cart and carries people.
(c) It refuses food.
(d) It encourages rain to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the children behaving the way they are?
2. What is Munira's old title before Mzigo made him headmaster?
3. What is Munira unable to control when he talks to the old woman?
4. What kind of car do the two officials drive?
5. What does Abdulla offer Wanja?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wanja tell Munira in Chapter 11?
2. What does Karega mean to Wanja?
3. Why does Munira not like his father?
4. What comparison does Wanja make between Munira and Karega?
5. Describe the incident that happened after Munira had lost his virginity.
6. What is wrong with Wanja, and how long will it take for her to recover?
7. In what way does the second officer treat Munira more kindly?
8. How did Karega go about trying to change things in Africa for workers?
9. What does Munira accuse Karega of in Chapter 10?
10. What did Wanja do on the day of Karega's arrival?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)