|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the elders want to kill the donkey?
(a) For food
(b) For fun
(c) For a religious ceremony
(d) To end the drought
2. What does Munira offer Karega?
(a) A place to stay for the night
(b) His friendship
(d) His wife
3. Who marched towards the police station?
(a) Students of Ilmorog school
(b) The workers
(c) Munira's parents
(d) Ilmorog villagers
4. What does the old woman do when Munira sneezes over her?
(a) Calls for the police
(b) Hits him
(d) Runs away
5. What does Abdulla offer Wanja?
(a) A 60/40 partnership
(b) A bicycle
(c) A 50/50 partnership
6. Why was the weather bad?
(a) There was constant snow.
(b) There was nothing but heavy wind.
(c) There was no rain.
(d) There was no sun.
7. To whom did Munira lose his virginity?
(a) A chamber maid
(b) A prostitute
(c) A teacher
(d) A school friend
8. What does KCO stand for?
(a) Kop Call Opera
(b) Kenyan Cultural Organization
(c) Kenyan Colonial Department
(d) Kamwene Cultural Organization
9. What is the name of Munira's home city?
10. What did the donkey eat too much of?
(a) Left overs
11. What is a metal horse?
(a) A scooter
(b) A bicycle
(c) A car
(d) A slow horse
12. Which of Wanja's family lives in Ilmorog?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her father
(d) Her sister
13. Where were the three men murdered?
14. Who tells the story of Ndemi?
15. About what does Abdulla tell stories?
(a) He he traveled around the world
(b) How he found his donkey
(c) How he lost his leg in battle
(d) How he seduced the most beautiful woman in Kenya
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not arrested at the beginning of the book?
2. Why are the children behaving the way they are?
3. Who is the owner of the only shop in Ilmorog?
4. What was the nationality of the man who opened Abdulla's shop?
5. By what have the green fields been replaced?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)