|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the officer give Munira?
(a) A bottle of beer
(b) A black eye
(c) New clothes
(d) Pen and paper
2. What was the name of Karega's mother?
3. What is the name of Abdulla's younger brother?
4. What is Karega doing when he hears a knock at his door?
(a) Talking to a friend
(d) Watching a film
5. Where is the officer from?
6. What does Munira need at his school?
(a) An extra teacher
(d) More paper
7. What does Abdulla offer Wanja?
(b) A 60/40 partnership
(c) A bicycle
(d) A 50/50 partnership
8. Why does Abdulla's donkey become respected in this chapter?
(a) It pulls the cart and carries people.
(b) It never complains.
(c) It refuses food.
(d) It encourages rain to fall.
9. Who did the Indian man get into trouble?
(a) A Kenyan girl
(b) A Kenyan man
(c) A Kenyan family
(d) A Kenyan goat
10. What had the three men decided against in a meeting only hours before their deaths?
(a) Legalizing drugs
(b) A pay raise for the workers
(c) The banning of alcohol
(d) Legalizing prostitution
11. Which character falls ill during the journey?
12. What does the delegation do when the MP steps into the garden?
(a) Sings native songs
(c) Praise the lord
13. At what does Wanja want another chance?
14. How were the three victims murdered?
(b) Burned to death
15. How was Munira's old school friend killed?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He was tortured.
(d) He was hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Munira unable to control when he talks to the old woman?
2. With whom does the MP suggest the villagers should meet?
3. With which member of Munira's family was Karega friendly?
4. Which part of Abdulla's body is bandaged?
5. What is the name of Munira's home city?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)