|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Munira's first name?
2. Which of the following did Karega sell by the roadside?
3. How does the delegation react to Nderi suggestion?
(a) They throw rocks at him.
(b) They spit at him.
(c) They chant his name.
(d) They put a curse on him.
4. Who did the Indian man get into trouble?
(a) A Kenyan girl
(b) A Kenyan family
(c) A Kenyan man
(d) A Kenyan goat
5. What is the name of the Kenyan rebel group?
(b) Oui Oui
(c) Mau Mau
(d) Jo Jo
6. What is Karaga supposed to be involved in the next day?
(a) A workers strike
(b) A theater production
(c) A film production
(d) A parents evening at the school
7. Which of the following characters does not go into the MP's office?
8. What weapon does Abdulla use to kill the antelope?
(a) A bow and arrow
(b) A catapult
(c) A gun
(d) A spear
9. How does Wanja try to attract customers to the store?
(a) She puts up signs.
(b) She changes into a bikini.
(c) She plays music.
(d) She hands out free drinks.
10. What was particularly bad the year Wanja left?
(a) The weather
(b) Working conditions
(d) Drinking water
11. For what are the four friends arrested?
(d) A triple murder
12. Why are the children behaving the way they are?
(a) Because of the drought
(b) Because they hear a war is about to start
(c) Because of a serial killer in the village
(d) Because they hate school
13. Of what group were the three men prominent members?
14. Why was the weather bad?
(a) There was no rain.
(b) There was constant snow.
(c) There was no sun.
(d) There was nothing but heavy wind.
15. Who marched towards the police station?
(a) The workers
(b) Munira's parents
(c) Students of Ilmorog school
(d) Ilmorog villagers
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car do the two officials drive?
2. Whose arrival cheered up Abdulla?
3. Who tells the story of Ndemi?
4. What are Karega and Munira discouraged by when school begins?
5. What is the name of the MP?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)