Part 1: Chapter 1
• Petals of Blood starts with the arrest of the novel's four main characters.
• Munira is the first to be arrested. He is the headmaster of Ilmorog School.
• The next person to be taken into custody is Abdulla, a one-legged bar and shop owner.
• The officers try to arrest Wanja. They are greeted by a doctor who tells them she is delirious and hallucinating. They will be able to question her in ten days time.
• Karega is the fourth suspect, and has come in late from an all-night worker's union meeting. He is sleeping when he hears a knock at the door.
• The headlines that day reads: Mzigo, Chui, Kimeria Murdered. The articles talks about their deaths the night before in Ilmorog, only hours after a meeting in which they decided against giving the factory workers a pay raise
• The article continues to explain the contribution the...
This section contains 2,518 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)