|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine learn about Dr. Paul's ex-wife in Chapter 19?
2. What does Catherine announce at the party in Chapter 34?
3. How does the attic look when Catherine returns there?
4. How does Dr. Paul suffer a heart attack?
5. What does Bart Winslow send Catherine the morning after they are intimate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julian commit suicide at the end of Chapter 24?
2. Who proposes to Carrie in Chapter 28, and what happens as a result of the proposal?
3. What does Catherine do to her grandmother in Chapter 32?
4. Where do Julian and Catherine fly to at the start of Chapter 19, and why?
5. What is Carrie's emotional state in Chapter 25, and who does she work for?
6. Who replaces Catherine in the production of Giselle and why?
7. What is Catherine's grandmother's name and how does Catherine discover this?
8. For what does Catherine approach Bart Winslow in Chapter 26?
9. Where does Catherine refuse to go with Christopher in Chapter 25 and where does she go instead?
10. How does Julian punish Catherine for attending Christopher's graduation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Catherine and Julian's relationship doomed from the start? Why or why not? Could anything have changed the course their relationship took? Explain your answer with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does incest affect the lives of the characters in V.C Andrews' book? Choose one character (not Catherine or Christopher) and discuss how the incestuous relationships of Catherine and Christopher affect his or her life.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term 'foreshadow'. How does V.C Andrews use foreshadowing in her book? Provide two examples of foreshadowing and the events they predict.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)