|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what does Catherine do for a living?
2. Whose hair does Catherine replicate in Chapter 33?
3. What does Catherine keep secret from Julian in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 29, what does Bart Winslow say that is wife has?
5. In Chapter 21, where do Catherine and Julian vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Paul, Catherine and Christopher, and Catherine and Christopher's mother at the end of the book?
2. What does Catherine do to her grandmother in Chapter 32?
3. What secret does Catherine keep from Julian in Chapter 21 and why?
4. Who proposes to Carrie in Chapter 28, and what happens as a result of the proposal?
5. Why does Julian commit suicide at the end of Chapter 24?
6. With what does Bart Winslow confront Catherine in Chapter 29? What does Catherine tell him?
7. Who is in the hospital at the start of Chapter 20 and who is he related to?
8. Who does Catherine refuse to let move in with her in Chapter 30?
9. What is Catherine's grandmother's name and how does Catherine discover this?
10. What does Catherine tell Bart at the start of Chapter 33, and what is his reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify two major conflicts in the book. How does V.C Andrews develop these conflicts throughout the course of the story? How does she resolve these conflicts?
Essay Topic 2
Carrie's classmates torment her in several ways. Discuss two ways Carrie's classmates torment her and it's effect on Carrie. Then discuss the significance of Carrie falling into the attic at school
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Paul reveals to Catherine that his ex-wife murdered their small child. What is the significance of this story and how does it apply to the theme of revenge?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)