|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine say she is related to Bart Winslow's wife?
2. Why is Catherine amused when she watches the dance rehearsal in Chapter 22?
3. What does Catherine keep secret from Julian in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 20, why is Carrie mad at Catherine?
5. Who does Catherine follow in Chapter 32, to learn her grandmother's schedule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julian commit suicide at the end of Chapter 24?
2. Why does Catherine decide to move to Virgina in Chapter 26, and who does she take with her?
3. What is Catherine's grandmother's name and how does Catherine discover this?
4. What secret does Catherine keep from Julian in Chapter 21 and why?
5. Describe Julian and Catherine's relationship in Chapter 19.
6. How does Catherine attend Christopher's graduation and what does she give him?
7. Why does Catherine believe her dancing career has not taken off the way it should?
8. Who proposes to Carrie in Chapter 28, and what happens as a result of the proposal?
9. What happens to Foxworth Hall at the end of Chapter 34, and who dies?
10. What does Catherine make in Chapter 33 and how does she style her hair prior to the Christmas party hosted by Bart Winslow and her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify two major conflicts in the book. How does V.C Andrews develop these conflicts throughout the course of the story? How does she resolve these conflicts?
Essay Topic 2
How does incest affect the lives of the characters in V.C Andrews' book? Choose one character (not Catherine or Christopher) and discuss how the incestuous relationships of Catherine and Christopher affect his or her life.
Essay Topic 3
Catherine meets many interesting people in the book. These people influence her life in many ways. Choose one person or couple she meets that influence her life and explain the positive and negative aspects of that influence.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)