|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Catherine begun to do to her mother in Chapter 28?
2. Who is Catherine married to at the start of Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 22, what does Julian's mother beg Catherine to do?
4. Where, in Chapter 34, does Catherine sneak into?
5. Where does Catherine move to at the end of Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine announce to the guests at the party in Chapter 34? What is Bart's reaction?
2. What business does Catherine take over while in Virginia?
3. Why does Catherine believe her dancing career has not taken off the way it should?
4. For what does Catherine approach Bart Winslow in Chapter 26?
5. What does Dr. Paul think about Catherine's marriage to Julian?
6. With what does Bart Winslow confront Catherine in Chapter 29? What does Catherine tell him?
7. Who does Catherine refuse to let move in with her in Chapter 30?
8. Why is Carrie angry with Catherine in Chapter 20?
9. What does Catherine make in Chapter 33 and how does she style her hair prior to the Christmas party hosted by Bart Winslow and her mother?
10. How does Julian punish Catherine for attending Christopher's graduation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three examples from the text that illustrate the theme of revenge in V.C Andrews' book. Discuss why revenge is important to the plot of the book and how two characters (not Catherine) justify and carry out revenge.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the interaction between Amanda and Catherine. What does Amanda tell Catherine? How does this event affect the rest of the plot? Why does Amanda hate Catherine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Dr. Paul. Do you think Dr. Paul is a bad or good man? Why? Why is Dr. Paul torn between the roles of husband and father? Choose one other character in the book (other the Catherine) and explain their relationship with Dr. Paul.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)