|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine keep secret from Julian in Chapter 21?
2. What does Catherine learn about Dr. Paul's ex-wife in Chapter 19?
3. What ballet does Catherine know she should be practicing for in Chapter 22?
4. Who dies at the end of Chapter 34?
5. Who is always by Catherine's side in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Paul, Catherine and Christopher, and Catherine and Christopher's mother at the end of the book?
2. Who replaces Catherine in the production of Giselle and why?
3. What business does Catherine take over while in Virginia?
4. What happens to Foxworth Hall at the end of Chapter 34, and who dies?
5. What do Catherine and Dr. Paul discuss in Chapter 19 while walking in the garden?
6. What happens to Catherine when she invites Bart Winslow to dinner in Chapter 31?
7. Why does Catherine believe her dancing career has not taken off the way it should?
8. What does Catherine tell Bart at the start of Chapter 33, and what is his reaction?
9. Describe what the attic looks like when Catherine returns in Chapter 34.
10. Why is Carrie angry with Catherine in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events surrounding Carrie's suicide. Why does she decide that suicide is her only option? Who do you believe is to blame for her demise? What could have changed her fate?
Essay Topic 2
When considering V.C Andrews' life, where do you believe she found the inspiration for her book? How does this book cause you to think about the author's life? Why do you believe people are so intrigued by V.C Andrews' stories?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term 'foreshadow'. How does V.C Andrews use foreshadowing in her book? Provide two examples of foreshadowing and the events they predict.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)