|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine move in Chapter 26?
2. Why is Bart Winslow returning to Virginia?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Bart Winslow confront Catherine with?
4. Who is Bart Winslow?
5. Why is Catherine amused when she watches the dance rehearsal in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carrie's emotional state in Chapter 25, and who does she work for?
2. Why is Carrie angry with Catherine in Chapter 20?
3. For what does Catherine approach Bart Winslow in Chapter 26?
4. Who replaces Catherine in the production of Giselle and why?
5. What happens to Catherine when she invites Bart Winslow to dinner in Chapter 31?
6. Why does Catherine believe her dancing career has not taken off the way it should?
7. How does Catherine attend Christopher's graduation and what does she give him?
8. With what does Bart Winslow confront Catherine in Chapter 29? What does Catherine tell him?
9. What do Catherine and Dr. Paul discuss in Chapter 19 while walking in the garden?
10. Who proposes to Carrie in Chapter 28, and what happens as a result of the proposal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the gifts Catherine receives at Christmas from Dr. Paul and Christopher. What do the gifts mean to Catherine? What do the gifts suggest about Dr. Paul and Christopher?
Essay Topic 2
When considering V.C Andrews' life, where do you believe she found the inspiration for her book? How does this book cause you to think about the author's life? Why do you believe people are so intrigued by V.C Andrews' stories?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Catherine sees when she returns to the attic. Choose two items she sees in the attic and discuss the symbolism of each item. How do the items relate to Catherine's emotional journey in the book?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)