|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people on the bus in Chapter 1 complain about Carrie?
2. What does Dr. Paul say he wants at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Christopher give Catherine for Christmas in Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 8, what do Julian and Catherine do on their date?
5. Who does Catherine meet in Chapter 4, while at the ballet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Catherine find herself standing next to at the ring store? What happens?
2. Who is Julia and how is she related to Dr. Paul?
3. How do the girls at Carrie's school torment her in Chapter 10?
4. What holiday is occurring when Chapter 4 opens and how does the family celebrate?
5. How do the children adjust to living at Dr. Paul's house?
6. Why does Julian insist that Catherine needs to become his dance partner?
7. Why does Julian leave Catherine on the side of the road in Chapter 16? How does she get home?
8. At the end of Chapter 3 who tries to seduce Catherine?
9. Who does Catherine meet at the ballet in Chapter 4 and why is the meeting important?
10. How do Christopher and Dr. Paul react to Catherine's date with Julian in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does V.C Andrews address the theme of self-esteem in her book? Choose two examples of positive and negative self-esteem and explain how these examples contribute to the theme of self-esteem in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Carrie's classmates torment her in several ways. Discuss two ways Carrie's classmates torment her and it's effect on Carrie. Then discuss the significance of Carrie falling into the attic at school
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the gifts Catherine receives at Christmas from Dr. Paul and Christopher. What do the gifts mean to Catherine? What do the gifts suggest about Dr. Paul and Christopher?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)