|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Paul say he wants at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Why does Julian return to Clairmont in Chapter 14?
3. In what city is Catherine's step-father restoring a house?
4. What does Catherine learn about Dr. Paul's wife in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Dr. Paul give Catherine for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who refuses to support Catherine's engagement to Dr. Paul?
2. What happens after Catherine dances in Sleeping Beauty?
3. How does Catherine feel towards Christopher in Chapter 12 after her night with Dr. Paul?
4. What does Catherine want for her Christmas gift in Chapter 13 and why?
5. Why are Catherine and the children on a bus in Chapter 1 and where are the headed?
6. Who is Julian and how does Catherine meet him?
7. What happens on Catherine's first date with Julian?
8. What happens between Dr. Paul and Catherine the night before school starts in Chapter 7?
9. In Chapter 16, who wants Catherine to set her up on a date with Christopher and why?
10. What gifts does Catherine receive in Chapter 17, and who gives them to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does V.C Andrews address the theme of self-esteem in her book? Choose two examples of positive and negative self-esteem and explain how these examples contribute to the theme of self-esteem in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events surrounding Carrie's suicide. Why does she decide that suicide is her only option? Who do you believe is to blame for her demise? What could have changed her fate?
Essay Topic 3
Catherine meets many interesting people in the book. These people influence her life in many ways. Choose one person or couple she meets that influence her life and explain the positive and negative aspects of that influence.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)