|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher become angry at the ballet in Chapter 4?
2. Whose grave does Catherine want to visit in Chapter 13?
3. Who is Amanda?
4. What does Christopher agree to at the end of Chapter 2?
5. At the start of Chapter 16, what is Julian unaware of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Julian and how does Catherine meet him?
2. Why are Catherine and the children on a bus in Chapter 1 and where are the headed?
3. How does Catherine feel towards Christopher in Chapter 12 after her night with Dr. Paul?
4. Who insists that Carrie should travel to New York with Julian?
5. Where does Catherine see her mother in Chapter 11, and how does her mother react?
6. What happens after Catherine dances in Sleeping Beauty?
7. Who visits Catherine backstage in Chapter 18? What happens as a result of this visit?
8. Who refuses to support Catherine's engagement to Dr. Paul?
9. How do the girls at Carrie's school torment her in Chapter 10?
10. Who is Julia and how is she related to Dr. Paul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term 'foreshadow'. How does V.C Andrews use foreshadowing in her book? Provide two examples of foreshadowing and the events they predict.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term 'climax' and choose two potential points of climax within the plot. Explain how each event fits the definition of climax and cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Paul reveals to Catherine that his ex-wife murdered their small child. What is the significance of this story and how does it apply to the theme of revenge?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)