|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what do Julian and Catherine do on their date?
2. What, in Chapter 13, is Catherine unable to find?
3. At the end of Chapter 19, who does Catherine marry?
4. At the start of Chapter 16, what is Julian unaware of?
5. How did the sibling die while in Foxworth Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the children adjust to living at Dr. Paul's house?
2. At the end of Chapter 3 who tries to seduce Catherine?
3. Why are Catherine and the children on a bus in Chapter 1 and where are the headed?
4. What happens at the dance audition in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Catherine find herself standing next to at the ring store? What happens?
6. Why is Carrie upset when she goes shopping in Chapter 3?
7. Who visits Catherine backstage in Chapter 18? What happens as a result of this visit?
8. Why do Christopher and Julian argue on Catherine's 16th birthday?
9. Who insists that Carrie should travel to New York with Julian?
10. What gifts does Catherine receive in Chapter 17, and who gives them to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify two major conflicts in the book. How does V.C Andrews develop these conflicts throughout the course of the story? How does she resolve these conflicts?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Paul reveals to Catherine that his ex-wife murdered their small child. What is the significance of this story and how does it apply to the theme of revenge?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the interaction between Amanda and Catherine. What does Amanda tell Catherine? How does this event affect the rest of the plot? Why does Amanda hate Catherine?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)