|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine's grandmother's name?
2. What, in Chapter 25, does Carrie worry about?
(a) That she is too pretty.
(b) Her career.
(c) That she will never marry.
(d) Her future income.
3. What does Bart Winslow send Catherine the morning after they are intimate?
(b) A photo.
(c) A letter.
4. How does Bart Winslow describe the photo book his wife looks at?
(a) New and pink.
(b) Old and blue.
(c) Old and red.
5. What does Catherine keep secret from Julian in Chapter 21?
(a) The baby.
(b) Dr. Paul's visit.
(c) Her affair.
(d) Christopher's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine see hanging on the walls of the attic?
2. Why does Julian kill himself?
3. Who replaces Catherine in the Ballet in Chapter 22?
4. Who, in Chapter 25, does Christopher want to travel with him?
5. Who comes to visit Catherine in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in the hospital at the start of Chapter 20 and who is he related to?
2. What does Catherine announce to the guests at the party in Chapter 34? What is Bart's reaction?
3. What does Catherine do to her grandmother in Chapter 32?
4. What does Dr. Paul think about Catherine's marriage to Julian?
5. What does Catherine make in Chapter 33 and how does she style her hair prior to the Christmas party hosted by Bart Winslow and her mother?
6. Describe Julian and Catherine's relationship in Chapter 19.
7. What happens to Foxworth Hall at the end of Chapter 34, and who dies?
8. Why does Catherine decide to move to Virgina in Chapter 26, and who does she take with her?
9. How does Julian punish Catherine for attending Christopher's graduation?
10. Why is Bart Winslow unhappy in his marriage to Corrine?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)