|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine feed Bart Winslow for dinner the second time in Chapter 31?
(b) Franks and beans.
2. What does Julian's mom confess to Catherine in Chapter 20?
(a) That she was hard on Julian.
(b) That Catherine should leave Julian.
(c) That she is jealous of Catherine.
(d) That Julian was adopted.
3. What does Catherine buy in Chapter 27?
(a) A riding stable.
(b) A condo.
(c) A dance school.
(d) A thrift store.
4. Who replaces Catherine in the Ballet in Chapter 22?
5. Why does Julian's mom berate him in Chapter 20?
(a) He doesn't pay her rent.
(b) He doesn't arrive at the hospital soon enough.
(c) He hits Catherine.
(d) He's lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine work for in Chapter 25?
2. What, in Chapter 25, does Carrie worry about?
3. In Chapter 19, what does Dr. Paul assure Catherine did not happen in the hospital?
4. Who is Catherine married to at the start of Chapter 35?
5. Why is Bart Winslow unhappy in his marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Foxworth Hall at the end of Chapter 34, and who dies?
2. What happens to Dr. Paul, Catherine and Christopher, and Catherine and Christopher's mother at the end of the book?
3. For what does Catherine approach Bart Winslow in Chapter 26?
4. Who is in the hospital at the start of Chapter 20 and who is he related to?
5. What does Catherine announce to the guests at the party in Chapter 34? What is Bart's reaction?
6. Why does Julian commit suicide at the end of Chapter 24?
7. What do Catherine and Dr. Paul discuss in Chapter 19 while walking in the garden?
8. Who does Catherine refuse to let move in with her in Chapter 30?
9. Why does Catherine decide to move to Virgina in Chapter 26, and who does she take with her?
10. With what does Bart Winslow confront Catherine in Chapter 29? What does Catherine tell him?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)