|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George?
(a) Christopher's friend.
(b) Dr. Paul's son.
(c) Carrie's boyfriend.
(d) Julian's father.
2. Why does Julian's mom berate him in Chapter 20?
(a) He hits Catherine.
(b) He doesn't pay her rent.
(c) He doesn't arrive at the hospital soon enough.
(d) He's lazy.
3. Who is in the hospital at the start of Chapter 20?
(a) Julian's father.
(d) Dr. Paul.
4. What does Catherine feed Bart Winslow for dinner the second time in Chapter 31?
(c) Franks and beans.
5. Who is Catherine married to at the start of Chapter 35?
(a) Dr. Paul.
(c) She is single.
(d) Bart Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart Winslow send Catherine the morning after they are intimate?
2. What happens to Foxworth Hall?
3. How does the attic look when Catherine returns there?
4. What does Dr. Paul say is the best thing for Catherine at the end of Chapter 19?
5. Whose graduation does Catherine attend in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Paul, Catherine and Christopher, and Catherine and Christopher's mother at the end of the book?
2. Why does Catherine believe her dancing career has not taken off the way it should?
3. What does Catherine make in Chapter 33 and how does she style her hair prior to the Christmas party hosted by Bart Winslow and her mother?
4. What does Dr. Paul think about Catherine's marriage to Julian?
5. Describe what the attic looks like when Catherine returns in Chapter 34.
6. Who replaces Catherine in the production of Giselle and why?
7. How does Catherine attend Christopher's graduation and what does she give him?
8. Where do Julian and Catherine fly to at the start of Chapter 19, and why?
9. Who proposes to Carrie in Chapter 28, and what happens as a result of the proposal?
10. How does Julian punish Catherine for attending Christopher's graduation?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)