|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine plan to do to Bart Winslow when he arrives in Chapter 31?
(a) Tell him the truth.
(b) Seduce him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hit him.
2. In Chapter 25, what does Catherine do for a living?
(b) Medical Transcriber.
(c) Vet technician.
(d) Teach dance.
3. How does Dr. Paul suffer a heart attack?
(a) Too many fried foods.
(b) High blood pressure.
(c) Trying to save Henny.
(d) The stress of being around crazy people.
4. In Chapter 26, who does Catherine have a falling out with ?
(c) Dr. Paul.
(d) Madame Marisha.
5. What does Julian's dad say to him before he dies?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I am not your father"
(d) "I hate you"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carrie work for in Chapter 25?
2. Why does Carrie go to Bart Winslow for help in Chapter 26?
3. Who arrives at Foxworth Hall shortly before Catherine's mother flees the study?
4. Why does Julian's mom berate him in Chapter 20?
5. What is Catherine afraid to tell Dr. Paul in Chapter19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Catherine refuse to go with Christopher in Chapter 25 and where does she go instead?
2. What business does Catherine take over while in Virginia?
3. Where do Julian and Catherine fly to at the start of Chapter 19, and why?
4. Who proposes to Carrie in Chapter 28, and what happens as a result of the proposal?
5. What does Catherine tell Bart at the start of Chapter 33, and what is his reaction?
6. Why does Julian commit suicide at the end of Chapter 24?
7. What does Catherine make in Chapter 33 and how does she style her hair prior to the Christmas party hosted by Bart Winslow and her mother?
8. Who is in the hospital at the start of Chapter 20 and who is he related to?
9. What happens to Dr. Paul, Catherine and Christopher, and Catherine and Christopher's mother at the end of the book?
10. What secret does Catherine keep from Julian in Chapter 21 and why?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)