|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people on the bus in Chapter 1 complain about Carrie?
(a) She kicks their seats.
(b) She eats stinky food.
(c) She is loud.
(d) She is sick.
2. What does Amanda tell Catherine was removed from her womb when she started bleeding?
(a) A two-headed baby.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A stone.
3. Who does Catherine hope is watching her television special?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Paul.
4. Who refuses to support Catherine and Dr. Paul's engagement?
5. What does Catherine tell Dr. Paul in Chapter 7 about her relationship with Christopher?
(a) She wants to kill him.
(b) He is not her brother.
(d) She's had inappropriate thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher become angry at the ballet in Chapter 4?
2. Why, in Chapter 12, does Catherine yell at Dr. Paul?
3. In Chapter 1, where are the children heading?
4. In Chapter 8, what do Julian and Catherine do on their date?
5. How does Catherine feel about the date in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Catherine and the children on a bus in Chapter 1 and where are the headed?
2. Who visits Catherine backstage in Chapter 18? What happens as a result of this visit?
3. What happens between Dr. Paul and Catherine the night before school starts in Chapter 7?
4. At the end of Chapter 3 who tries to seduce Catherine?
5. What gifts does Catherine receive in Chapter 17, and who gives them to her?
6. Who is Julia and how is she related to Dr. Paul?
7. How does Catherine feel towards Christopher in Chapter 12 after her night with Dr. Paul?
8. Why do Christopher and Julian argue on Catherine's 16th birthday?
9. Who does Catherine meet at the ballet in Chapter 4 and why is the meeting important?
10. How do Christopher and Dr. Paul react to Catherine's date with Julian in Chapter 8?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)