|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 16, what is Julian unaware of?
(a) Christopher's proposal.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That Catherine is moving.
(d) Dr. Paul's proposal.
2. In Chapter 1, where are the children heading?
3. In what city is Catherine's step-father restoring a house?
4. In what room of Foxworth Hall were the siblings held hostage?
(a) The attic.
(b) The basement.
(c) The greenhouse.
(d) The bathroom.
5. In Chapter 4, what ballet does Dr. Paul take the children to see?
(a) Swan Lake.
(b) The Nutcracker.
(c) Dance Dance Dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave does Catherine want to visit in Chapter 13?
2. What does Catherine discover about the real world in Chapter 11?
3. Why are the children disappointed when they go to court in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Catherine meet in Chapter 4, while at the ballet?
5. Who questions Catherine's devotion to dance in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carrie upset when she goes shopping in Chapter 3?
2. Why do Catherine and the children leave the bus and where do they go? Who takes them?
3. What is the school arrangement made for each of the children while living at Dr. Paul's home?
4. Why do Christopher and Julian argue on Catherine's 16th birthday?
5. How does Catherine feel towards Christopher in Chapter 12 after her night with Dr. Paul?
6. Where does Catherine see her mother in Chapter 11, and how does her mother react?
7. Who does Catherine find herself standing next to at the ring store? What happens?
8. Who is Julia and how is she related to Dr. Paul?
9. What does Catherine plan for Dr. Paul's birthday in Chapter 12, and why does she become angry with him?
10. How do Christopher and Dr. Paul react to Catherine's date with Julian in Chapter 8?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)