|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn in Chapter 5 while in the hospital?
(a) She has been accepted into the dance academy.
(b) She will never dance again.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She must return to Foxworth Hall.
2. Who does Catherine move in with when she first moves to New York?
(b) Two dancers.
(c) Two waitresses.
3. Why does Catherine threaten to quit dance in Chapter 15?
(a) She broke her toe.
(b) Her teacher is too hard on her.
(c) She realizes she doesn't love it.
(d) She misses her home.
4. Why does Dr. Paul grow a mustache?
(a) It was a popular look in the 70's.
(b) To look manly.
(c) It makes his face look thinner.
(d) To please Catherine.
5. How does Catherine feel in Chapter 5 once she begins to dance?
(c) At ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does Catherine follow her mother's life?
2. How old was Dr. Paul's son when he was killed?
3. In Chapter 8, what do Julian and Catherine do on their date?
4. How does Catherine feel about the date in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Catherine blame for Christopher's behavior in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julian leave Catherine on the side of the road in Chapter 16? How does she get home?
2. Why do Catherine and the children leave the bus and where do they go? Who takes them?
3. What happens at the dance audition in Chapter 5?
4. How do the girls at Carrie's school torment her in Chapter 10?
5. Who refuses to support Catherine's engagement to Dr. Paul?
6. How do Christopher and Dr. Paul react to Catherine's date with Julian in Chapter 8?
7. Who does Catherine find herself standing next to at the ring store? What happens?
8. What happens on Catherine's first date with Julian?
9. Who visits Catherine backstage in Chapter 18? What happens as a result of this visit?
10. What gifts does Catherine receive in Chapter 17, and who gives them to her?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)