|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Julian in Chapter 19 that hurts him?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she wants to quit dance.
(c) That she does not want his children.
(d) That she may never love him.
2. What does Catherine put in her grandmother's hair in Chapter 32?
3. What does Catherine buy in Chapter 27?
(a) A thrift store.
(b) A dance school.
(c) A condo.
(d) A riding stable.
4. What is Catherine doing in Chapter 30, when she sees Bart Winslow?
5. How does Catherine sneak away in Chapter 21 to attend the graduation?
(a) She drugs Julian.
(b) She steals a car.
(c) She claims her sister died.
(d) She hides on a boat.
6. Who is sick at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Dr. Paul.
7. Why is Bart Winslow unhappy in his marriage?
(a) His wife only cares about politics.
(b) His wife locked her children in an attic.
(c) His wife cannot have children.
(d) His wife has affairs.
8. What is Catherine's grandmother's name?
9. Why does Julian's mom berate him in Chapter 20?
(a) He doesn't arrive at the hospital soon enough.
(b) He's lazy.
(c) He doesn't pay her rent.
(d) He hits Catherine.
10. In Chapter 29, what does Bart Winslow say that is wife has?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) An ex-husband.
11. Where is Julian buried?
(a) Next to Corey.
(b) In Richmond.
(c) Next to his father.
(d) Next to his mother.
12. Why does Julian kill himself?
(a) He can't live with being a father.
(b) He learns he will never dance again.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) He knows he is an evil person.
13. Whose party is Catherine planning on attending in Chapter 33?
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her son's.
(d) Her mother's.
14. Why is Bart Winslow returning to Virginia?
(a) His wife died.
(b) His wife is pregnant.
(c) He no longer likes this city.
(d) His mother-in-law had a stroke.
15. At the start of Chapter 19, where is Catherine flying to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Catherine call her baby for short?
2. Who does Christopher tell Catherine in Chapter 20, she should have married?
3. What does Catherine tell Bart Winslow in Chapter 33?
4. How does Dr. Paul suffer a heart attack?
5. What has Catherine begun to do to her mother in Chapter 28?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)