|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sibling died while in Foxworth Hall?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Catherine want for Christmas?
(a) A trip to the Ballet.
(b) To return to Foxworth Hall.
(c) Lunch in a fancy restaurant.
(d) Tickets to New York.
3. How does Catherine feel in Chapter 5 once she begins to dance?
(a) At ease.
4. Where does Christopher attend school in Chapter 6?
(b) The local public school.
(d) A local boarding school.
5. What does Catherine learn about Dr. Paul's wife in Chapter 19?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She never killed their child.
(c) She is still alive.
(d) She is moving back home.
6. In Chapter 17, what does Dr. Paul give Catherine for Christmas?
(a) A TV.
(d) A fur coat.
7. What happens at the end of the date in Chapter 8 that makes Catherine uncomfortable?
(a) Julian tries to seduce her.
(b) Dr. Paul shows up.
(c) Christopher shows up.
(d) She sees the color red.
8. Where does Julian leave Catherine after a fight in Chapter 16?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In a mall.
(c) At a friend's house
(d) At home.
9. What does Catherine discover about the real world in Chapter 11?
(a) It's easy.
(b) It's not what she thought it would be.
(c) People pay your rent.
(d) She loves it!
10. How long were the children held captive in Foxworth Hall?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
11. How does Catherine feel about the date in Chapter 8?
(a) She hates Julian.
(b) She enjoys it.
(c) She falls in love.
(d) She is indifferent.
12. What does Christopher accuse Catherine of in Chapter 9?
(b) Sleeping with men who can advance her position in life.
(c) Loving Dr. Paul.
(d) Stalking their mother.
13. In Chapter 10, what is Carrie having trouble adjusting to?
(b) Life without her mother.
(d) Dr. Paul.
14. Who is Amanda?
(a) Catherine's grandmother.
(b) Catherine's mother.
(c) Dr. Paul's sister.
(d) Julian's aunt.
15. At the end of Chapter 19, who does Catherine marry?
(c) Dr. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the sibling die while in Foxworth Hall?
2. Where does Catherine see her mother in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 11, how does Catherine follow her mother's life?
4. How old was Dr. Paul's son when he was killed?
5. What happens to Catherine while in the hospital in Chapter 5?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)