|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine think she can hurt her mother?
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Take away her fortune.
(d) Kill her children.
2. In Chapter 9, what do Christopher and Julian argue about?
(a) Catherine moving to New York.
(b) Christopher's love for Catherine.
(d) What time the party will end.
3. Who does Catherine blame for Christopher's behavior in Chapter 8?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Dr. Paul.
(d) Her father.
4. How did the sibling die while in Foxworth Hall?
(a) Gun shot.
(b) Arsenic poisoning.
5. What holiday is occurring in Chapter 4?
(b) Fourth of July.
6. How does Catherine feel about the date in Chapter 8?
(a) She falls in love.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She hates Julian.
(d) She enjoys it.
7. Why does Christopher become angry at the ballet in Chapter 4?
(a) Because he hates Dr. Paul.
(b) Because the Madame won't give Catherine a chance.
(c) Because he did not have good seats.
(d) Because the Monseiur won't give Catherine a chance.
8. Who does Catherine meet in Chapter 4, while at the ballet?
(a) Madame Marisha Rosencoff.
(b) Madame Sascha Cohen.
(c) Monsieur Bebonne.
(d) Mr. Clark.
9. How long were the children held captive in Foxworth Hall?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
10. Why, in Chapter 12, does Catherine yell at Dr. Paul?
(a) He's late for dinner.
(b) He hits her.
(c) He's late to the club.
(d) He brings another woman home.
11. What does Dr. Paul offer the children at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A ride to Florida.
(b) A ride to Virginia.
(c) A place to stay.
12. What does Catherine tell Dr. Paul in Chapter 7 about her relationship with Christopher?
(a) She's had inappropriate thoughts.
(c) He is not her brother.
(d) She wants to kill him.
13. What happens at the end of the date in Chapter 8 that makes Catherine uncomfortable?
(a) Julian tries to seduce her.
(b) Dr. Paul shows up.
(c) She sees the color red.
(d) Christopher shows up.
14. In Chapter 4, what ballet does Dr. Paul take the children to see?
(a) The Nutcracker.
(b) Swan Lake.
(c) Dance Dance Dance.
15. What causes Carrie to cry in Chapter 13?
(a) Her dead pet.
(b) Foxworth Hall.
(c) Dr. Paul's death.
(d) Her lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who cannot sleep alone?
2. Whose grave does Catherine want to visit in Chapter 13?
3. What does Catherine plan for Dr. Paul's birthday in Chapter 12?
4. What jobs do the children hope to find now that they escaped Foxworth Hall?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Catherine tell Dr. Paul?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)