|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Chapter 13, is Catherine unable to find?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) Her birth certificate.
(c) Records of her brother's death.
(d) Her mother's wedding pictures.
2. Why does Julian return to Clairmont in Chapter 14?
(a) To convince Catherine to go to New York.
(b) To dance.
(c) To propose to Catherine.
(d) To move to town.
3. Who is Amanda?
(a) Dr. Paul's sister.
(b) Catherine's grandmother.
(c) Catherine's mother.
(d) Julian's aunt.
4. What does Catherine agree to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Travel to Russia.
(b) Stop dancing.
(c) Go on a date.
(d) Leave Dr. Paul's house.
5. At the start of Chapter 16, what is Julian unaware of?
(a) Christopher's proposal.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) Dr. Paul's proposal.
(d) That Catherine is moving.
6. In Chapter 19, what ballet are Catherine and Julian practicing for?
(a) The Nutcracker.
(b) The Tempest.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Swan Lake.
7. Why is Carrie upset when Dr. Paul takes her shopping?
(a) He teases her.
(b) No clothes fit her.
(c) She wants her mom to take her.
(d) He won't take her to the fancy shops.
8. Who does Catherine move in with when she first moves to New York?
(a) Two waitresses.
(d) Two dancers.
9. In Chapter 10, what is Carrie having trouble adjusting to?
(a) Dr. Paul.
(d) Life without her mother.
10. In Chapter 9, what do Christopher and Julian argue about?
(a) Christopher's love for Catherine.
(b) What time the party will end.
(d) Catherine moving to New York.
11. What does Carrie think about the school arrangement?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She does not attend school.
(d) She is excited.
12. What does Catherine think about Dr. Paul when she first meets him?
(a) He is scary.
(b) He is flakey.
(c) He is a liar.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
13. In Chapter 1, where are the children heading?
14. What does Dr. Paul offer the children at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A ride to Florida.
(b) A ride to Virginia.
(d) A place to stay.
15. How does Julian make Catherine feel in Chapter 7?
(a) Fearful and Special.
(b) In love.
(c) She hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were the children held captive in Foxworth Hall?
2. What causes Carrie to cry in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 14, who convinces Catherine to move to New York?
4. How did the sibling die while in Foxworth Hall?
5. What does Dr. Paul say he wants at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)