1. Why are Catherine and the children on a bus in Chapter 1 and where are the headed?
Catherine and the children are on a bus to Florida because they escaped an attic in which they had been locked.
2. Why do Catherine and the children leave the bus and where do they go? Who takes them?
Catherine and the children leave the bus because Carrie is sick. A kind woman takes them to Dr. Paul's house.
3. What does Catherine think of Dr. Paul when she first meets him?
Catherine likes Dr. Paul and finds him kind and gentle.
4. How do the children adjust to living at Dr. Paul's house?
The children are uneasy living with Dr. Paul. They are not used to having separate rooms.
5. Why is Carrie upset when she goes shopping in Chapter 3?
Carries becomes upset while shopping because none of the clothes fit her correctly.
This section contains 1,830 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)