Part 1: Chapters 1-3
• Chapter 1
• The children head on a bus to Florida after escaping the attic in which they had been confined.
• After Carrie becomes ill on the bus, a nice woman takes them to the home of Dr. Paul.
• After hearing their story, Dr. Paul agrees to treat the children and lets them stay in his home.
• Chapter 2
• The Children have difficulty sleeping apart from each other.
• The girls begin to accept Dr. Paul but Christopher has doubts.
• Dr. Paul wants to become the children's legal guardian. Christopher does not want this but Catherine convinces him.
• Chapter 3
• During a shopping trip, Carrie becomes upset because her body is different due to malnutrition.
• Catherine learns to sew so Carrie can have properly fitting clothes.
• The children go to court to complete the adoption process. They are upset their mother does not show up to claim them.
• Catherine turns...
This section contains 1,604 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)