|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Louis's dream in Chapter 40, what accomplishment does Gage earn?
(a) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) He becomes an Eagle Scout.
(c) An Olympic gold medal for swimming.
(d) A Pulitzer prize for writing.
2. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
(a) It opens when he drops it.
(b) He breaks the concrete liner with sledge hammer.
(c) He prays for the liner to open and it does.
(d) He threads his rope through the iron rings and lifts it open.
3. Upon leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, what does Louis toss over the fence?
(a) His tools and Gage's body.
(b) His car keys.
(c) A tarp.
(d) His tools.
4. Where is the first place Rachel goes when she gets back into Ludlow?
(a) The pet sematary.
(b) To Louis's workplace.
(c) Jud's house.
(d) Her home.
5. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
(a) March 1, 1983.
(b) March 15, 1978.
(c) March 24, 1984.
(d) March 15, 1984.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son do on Louis's best day ever?
2. Why is Ellie sedated?
3. In Chapter 57, what does Louis dream?
4. Who did not attend the funeral in Chapter 33?
5. What does Louis see when he looks out the window in Chapter 60?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
2. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
3. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
4. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
5. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
6. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
7. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
8. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
9. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
10. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)