|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel think she sees upstairs in Chapter 59?
2. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
(a) Oz, the Great.
(b) Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible.
(c) Oz, the Terrible.
(d) The Retired Oz.
3. Who kills Jud?
4. Who has dreams about Gage in Chapter 43?
5. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
(b) Fantasy Island.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
2. Why does Louis feel guilty in Chapter 33?
3. In Louis's dream in Chapter 40, what accomplishment does Gage earn?
4. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
5. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
2. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
3. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
4. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
5. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
6. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
7. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
8. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
9. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
10. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)