|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral is on May 17?
2. What time does Rachel miss her plane in Boston?
(a) 1 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
3. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
(a) A special toy they buried with him,
(b) Gage's head.
(c) Gage's body.
(d) Gage's arm.
4. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss the details of her sister's death?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) The father-daughter conversation she overheard between Louis and Ellie.
(c) She felt guilty.
(d) Her parents told her it was time to talk about it.
5. What was Zelda's ailment?
(a) Spinal tap.
(b) Broken neck.
(c) Brain tumor.
(d) Spinal meningitis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
2. What does Rachel fear might happen in Chapter 45?
3. How does Jud die?
4. When leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, where does Louis find his car keys?
5. Why can't Louis comfort his family in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
2. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
3. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
4. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
5. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
6. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
7. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
8. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
9. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
10. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)