|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
(a) Oz, the Terrible.
(b) The Retired Oz.
(c) Oz, the Great.
(d) Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible.
2. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
(a) He learned that Louis sent Rachel and Ellie to Chicago.
(b) He is a worrier.
(c) He is concerned about venereal disease.
(d) He is afraid he'll get caught.
3. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
4. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
(d) Mr. Goldman.
5. Who does Rachel actually see upstairs in Chapter 59?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellie sedated?
2. How were all the cairns disturbed at the Indian burial site?
3. In Louis's dream in Chapter 40, what accomplishment does Gage earn?
4. Who did not attend the funeral in Chapter 33?
5. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
2. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
3. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
4. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
5. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
6. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
7. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
8. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
9. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
10. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)