|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
2. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
(a) He cuts himself with the pick.
(b) He falls and hits his head on a tombstone.
(c) He falls on a spike on the fence.
(d) He hits his knee on a tombstone.
3. Who has dreams about Gage in Chapter 43?
4. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
(a) He looked scared. Louis is never scared.
(b) He did not appear to miss Gage at all.
(c) He looked suicidal.
(d) Louis was starting to age.
5. What does Rachel fear might happen in Chapter 45?
(a) Louis might have car trouble.
(b) Louis might commit suicide.
(c) Louis might run away to Disney World.
(d) Jud might die in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ellie on her birthday in Chapter 34?
2. In Louis's dream in Chapter 40, what accomplishment does Gage earn?
3. What does Louis buy on his way home from the airport?
4. What makes Jud aware of Louis's post-funeral plans?
5. What makes Rachel think of Gage when she arrives at the first place she stops in Ludlow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
2. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
3. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
4. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
5. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
6. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
7. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
8. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
9. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
10. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)