|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
(d) Mr. Goldman.
2. What premonition did Ellie have?
(a) That Rachel died in a wreck.
(b) That Oz killed Gage and Church.
(c) That Oz killed Jud.
(d) That Oz the Gweat and Tewwible killed Rachel.
3. What makes Rachel think of Gage when she arrives at the first place she stops in Ludlow?
(a) The cat reminds her of Gage.
(b) She sees tiny, muddy tracks.
(c) She sees a lot of blood.
(d) Jud was singing a song about Gage.
4. How old is Ellie on her birthday in Chapter 34?
5. Why doesn't Louis return home after dropping the family off at the airport?
(a) He wants to see a prostitute.
(b) He needs time to drive around and think.
(c) He never wants to go to that house again.
(d) He's afraid Jud will catch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
2. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
3. What do the father and son do on Louis's best day ever?
4. On the path to the pet sematary, what does Louis see?
5. In Chapter 46, who decides to wait up for Louis to return home instead of leaving to go find him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
2. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
3. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
4. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
5. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
6. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
7. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
8. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
9. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
10. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)