|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Rachel miss her plane in Boston?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
2. How does Rachel continue her trip after missing her plane?
(a) She waits at the airport until the next afternoon.
(b) She takes another plane, but will arrive two hours later.
(c) She calls Jud to come get her.
(d) She rents a car to drive the rest of the way home.
3. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
(a) He had creepy eyes.
(b) He looked like Louis.
(c) He knew things.
(d) He stunk.
4. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
(c) New York.
(d) Fantasy Island.
5. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
(a) Timmy's dad ran away from home.
(b) Timmy was seen walking around town with strange behavior.
(c) Timmy's pet came back to life.
(d) Timmy married a Catholic girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did not attend the funeral in Chapter 33?
2. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
3. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
4. Who asks Louis at the airport if he's still mad at his father-in-law?
5. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
2. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
3. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
4. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
5. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
6. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
7. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
8. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
9. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
10. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)