|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices Louis's car is gone from the house in Chapter 46?
(b) Mr. Goldman.
2. What is Ellie's fear at the Chapter 33 funeral?
(a) That her cat will die.
(b) That her dad will drop the casket.
(c) That Gage will soon die.
(d) That she will die next.
3. Who insists in Chapter 45 that something is wrong with Louis?
(b) Mr. Goldman.
4. Who dies in Chapter 31?
5. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
(a) Oz, the Great.
(b) Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible.
(c) The Retired Oz.
(d) Oz, the Terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
2. How does Louis pass the time as he waits in his hotel room?
3. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
4. Who did not attend the funeral in Chapter 33?
5. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
Short Essay Questions
1. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
2. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
3. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
4. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
5. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
6. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
7. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
8. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
9. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
10. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)