|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices Louis's car is gone from the house in Chapter 46?
(c) Mr. Goldman.
2. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
(b) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(c) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
(d) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
3. What does Louis see when he looks out the window in Chapter 60?
(a) A strange car at Jud's house.
4. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
(a) He looked suicidal.
(b) Louis was starting to age.
(c) He did not appear to miss Gage at all.
(d) He looked scared. Louis is never scared.
5. What do the father and son do on Louis's best day ever?
(a) Go for a soda.
(b) Fly a kite.
(c) Walk to the pet sematary.
(d) Play with trucks in the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Louis actually reach the cement grave liner?
2. Who fights at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
3. On the path to the pet sematary, what does Louis see?
4. How does Jud die?
5. Where is the first place Rachel goes when she gets back into Ludlow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
2. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
3. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
4. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
5. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
6. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
7. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
8. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
9. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
10. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)