|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
(a) Gage's head.
(b) Gage's body.
(c) Gage's arm.
(d) A special toy they buried with him,
2. Who does Rachel think she sees upstairs in Chapter 59?
3. What time does Louis leave for the Pleasantview Cemetery?
(a) 1 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
4. Who is happy that Rachel plans to return to check on Louis?
(b) Mr. Goldman.
5. How old is Ellie on her birthday in Chapter 34?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Louis actually reach the cement grave liner?
2. Why does Louis feel guilty in Chapter 33?
3. What car does Louis drive?
4. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
5. Who fights at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
2. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
3. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
4. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
5. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
6. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
7. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
8. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
9. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
10. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)