|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jud die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is given an overdose of morphine.
(c) He is stabbed with a cleaver.
(d) He is stabbed with a scalpel.
2. What premonition did Ellie have?
(a) That Oz the Gweat and Tewwible killed Rachel.
(b) That Oz killed Gage and Church.
(c) That Oz killed Jud.
(d) That Rachel died in a wreck.
3. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
(a) Oz, the Great.
(b) The Retired Oz.
(c) Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible.
(d) Oz, the Terrible.
4. Why does Louis feel guilty in Chapter 33?
(a) Because he took off work to attend the funeral.
(b) Because he lied to Ellie.
(c) Church kills a rat and Rachel has to clean up the mess.
(d) Because Rachel found out he had once cheated on her.
5. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
(a) He prays for the liner to open and it does.
(b) It opens when he drops it.
(c) He threads his rope through the iron rings and lifts it open.
(d) He breaks the concrete liner with sledge hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
2. On the path to the pet sematary, Louis hears a sobbing laugh. He tells himself it is only...
3. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
4. Why can't Louis comfort his family in Chapter 36?
5. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
2. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
3. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
4. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
5. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
6. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
7. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
8. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
9. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
10. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)