|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the path to the pet sematary, Louis hears a sobbing laugh. He tells himself it is only...
(a) A hyena
(b) Jud playing a trick.
(c) His imagination.
(d) A loon.
2. Who asks Louis at the airport if he's still mad at his father-in-law?
3. Upon leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, what does Louis toss over the fence?
(a) His tools and Gage's body.
(b) A tarp.
(c) His car keys.
(d) His tools.
4. How does Rachel continue her trip after missing her plane?
(a) She calls Jud to come get her.
(b) She waits at the airport until the next afternoon.
(c) She rents a car to drive the rest of the way home.
(d) She takes another plane, but will arrive two hours later.
5. What do the father and son do on Louis's best day ever?
(a) Walk to the pet sematary.
(b) Fly a kite.
(c) Play with trucks in the road.
(d) Go for a soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Jud?
2. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
3. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
4. In Chapter 57, what does Louis dream?
5. What was Zelda's ailment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
2. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
3. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
4. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
5. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
6. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
7. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
8. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
9. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
10. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)