|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what does Louis dream?
(a) That Gage is a king.
(b) That he, Gage, and Church are riding in a medic van at Disney World.
(c) That he and Rachel are young again.
(d) That the Wizard of Oz has taken over the world.
2. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
(a) He looked like Louis.
(b) He knew things.
(c) He had creepy eyes.
(d) He stunk.
3. What does Rachel do when sees the person upstairs in Chapter 59?
(a) Begs for mercy.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Opens her arms and cries out for her.
(d) Opens her arms and cries out for him.
4. How were all the cairns disturbed at the Indian burial site?
(a) Louis kicked them over.
(b) They were disturbed when the grave occupants came back to life.
(c) They were old and in ruins.
(d) Meddling kids.
5. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Jud's late night visit in Chapter 38?
2. Who is happy that Rachel plans to return to check on Louis?
3. Upon leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, what does Louis toss over the fence?
4. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
5. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
2. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
3. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
4. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
5. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
6. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
7. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
8. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
9. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
10. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)