|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
(a) That Rachel is fine, but gone to the store.
(b) That he can't talk because he's working.
(c) That Rachel is washing her hair.
(d) That Rachel said she wants a divorce.
2. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
(a) He learned that Louis sent Rachel and Ellie to Chicago.
(b) He is a worrier.
(c) He is afraid he'll get caught.
(d) He is concerned about venereal disease.
3. Who does Rachel actually see upstairs in Chapter 59?
4. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
(a) He looked suicidal.
(b) He looked scared. Louis is never scared.
(c) Louis was starting to age.
(d) He did not appear to miss Gage at all.
5. How old is Ellie on her birthday in Chapter 34?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Zelda's ailment?
2. Why doesn't Louis return home after dropping the family off at the airport?
3. Where is the first place Rachel goes when she gets back into Ludlow?
4. How were all the cairns disturbed at the Indian burial site?
5. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
2. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
3. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
4. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
5. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
6. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
7. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
8. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
9. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
10. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)