|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What car does Louis drive?
(a) A Honda Accord.
(b) Honda Civic hatchback.
(c) An SUV.
(d) Datsun station wagon
2. What was Zelda's ailment?
(a) Brain tumor.
(b) Broken neck.
(c) Spinal meningitis.
(d) Spinal tap.
3. What does Louis buy on his way home from the airport?
(b) Lottery tickets.
(d) A pick, shovel, spade, and rope.
4. In Chapter 46, who decides to wait up for Louis to return home instead of leaving to go find him?
(a) Mr. Goldman.
5. How does Rachel continue her trip after missing her plane?
(a) She rents a car to drive the rest of the way home.
(b) She takes another plane, but will arrive two hours later.
(c) She calls Jud to come get her.
(d) She waits at the airport until the next afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellie sedated?
2. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
3. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
4. Who insists in Chapter 45 that something is wrong with Louis?
5. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
2. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
3. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
4. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
5. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
6. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
7. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
8. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
9. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
10. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)