|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
(b) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(c) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
(d) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
2. Why can't Louis comfort his family in Chapter 36?
(a) He feels guilty for not being able to catch Gage before the truck hit him.
(b) He can't stand them and wants to run away.
(c) He's tired of their whining.
(d) He is too busy fighting.
3. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
(a) March 1, 1983.
(b) March 15, 1978.
(c) March 24, 1984.
(d) March 15, 1984.
4. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
(a) Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible.
(b) The Retired Oz.
(c) Oz, the Terrible.
(d) Oz, the Great.
5. Who does Rachel actually see upstairs in Chapter 59?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists in Chapter 45 that something is wrong with Louis?
2. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
3. What premonition did Ellie have?
4. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
5. Who is happy that Rachel plans to return to check on Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
2. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
3. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
4. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
5. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
6. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
7. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
8. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
9. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
10. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)