|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Louis at the airport if he's still mad at his father-in-law?
2. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
(a) Gage's body.
(b) Gage's head.
(c) Gage's arm.
(d) A special toy they buried with him,
3. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
(a) He learned that Louis sent Rachel and Ellie to Chicago.
(b) He is concerned about venereal disease.
(c) He is a worrier.
(d) He is afraid he'll get caught.
4. What car does Louis drive?
(a) Datsun station wagon
(b) A Honda Accord.
(c) Honda Civic hatchback.
(d) An SUV.
5. Who misses the family visitation at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
(a) Mrs. Goldman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place Rachel goes when she gets back into Ludlow?
2. What makes Jud aware of Louis's post-funeral plans?
3. How were all the cairns disturbed at the Indian burial site?
4. What premonition did Ellie have?
5. Who insists in Chapter 45 that something is wrong with Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
2. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
3. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
4. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
5. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
6. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
7. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
8. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
9. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
10. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)