|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss the details of her sister's death?
(a) Her parents told her it was time to talk about it.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) She felt guilty.
(d) The father-daughter conversation she overheard between Louis and Ellie.
2. In Chapter 57, what does Louis check his doctor's bag for?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) Enough morphine and syringes.
(c) Cough medicine.
(d) Aspirin for his aches and pains.
3. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
(a) He stunk.
(b) He looked like Louis.
(c) He had creepy eyes.
(d) He knew things.
4. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
5. What two obstacles does Rachel encounter on her driving trip?
(a) She has lost her keys and her driver's license.
(b) She has lost her keys and run out of cash.
(c) Sleepiness and the car won't start.
(d) Sleepiness and radio doesn't work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
2. What will Louis do if Gage becomes a monster?
3. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
4. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
5. Who bumps into and knocks over the casket in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
2. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
3. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
4. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
5. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
6. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
7. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
8. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
9. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
10. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)