|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel actually see upstairs in Chapter 59?
2. On the path to the pet sematary, what does Louis see?
(a) Wind blowing.
(b) A pile of leaves.
(c) A floating face.
(d) A dead dog.
3. What does Louis see when he looks out the window in Chapter 60?
(b) A strange car at Jud's house.
4. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
(b) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
(c) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(d) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
5. What was Zelda's ailment?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Spinal tap.
(d) Spinal meningitis.
6. Where is the first place Rachel goes when she gets back into Ludlow?
(a) To Louis's workplace.
(b) Her home.
(c) Jud's house.
(d) The pet sematary.
7. Who prescribes bed rest for Rachel and Ellie?
(b) An out of town doctor hired by the Goldmans.
(d) Steve Masterson.
8. Who asks Louis at the airport if he's still mad at his father-in-law?
9. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
10. Why can't Louis comfort his family in Chapter 36?
(a) He can't stand them and wants to run away.
(b) He's tired of their whining.
(c) He is too busy fighting.
(d) He feels guilty for not being able to catch Gage before the truck hit him.
11. In Chapter 46, who decides to wait up for Louis to return home instead of leaving to go find him?
(d) Mr. Goldman.
12. When leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, where does Louis find his car keys?
(a) Under leaves on the sidewalk.
(b) Somewhere in the cemetery.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In the ignition.
13. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
(a) He prays for the liner to open and it does.
(b) It opens when he drops it.
(c) He threads his rope through the iron rings and lifts it open.
(d) He breaks the concrete liner with sledge hammer.
14. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
(a) That Rachel is washing her hair.
(b) That Rachel said she wants a divorce.
(c) That he can't talk because he's working.
(d) That Rachel is fine, but gone to the store.
15. While on the plane to Chicago, which character visits Ellie in a dream to tell her something bad is going to happen?
(c) Mr. Goldman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss the details of her sister's death?
2. What will Louis do if Gage becomes a monster?
3. Who misses the family visitation at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
4. Who has dreams about Gage in Chapter 43?
5. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)