|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
(a) Gage's head.
(b) Gage's arm.
(c) A special toy they buried with him,
(d) Gage's body.
2. What does Rachel fear might happen in Chapter 45?
(a) Jud might die in his sleep.
(b) Louis might have car trouble.
(c) Louis might commit suicide.
(d) Louis might run away to Disney World.
3. While on the plane to Chicago, which character visits Ellie in a dream to tell her something bad is going to happen?
(a) Mr. Goldman.
4. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
(a) March 15, 1984.
(b) March 1, 1983.
(c) March 24, 1984.
(d) March 15, 1978.
5. How were all the cairns disturbed at the Indian burial site?
(a) They were old and in ruins.
(b) Meddling kids.
(c) Louis kicked them over.
(d) They were disturbed when the grave occupants came back to life.
6. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
(a) It opens when he drops it.
(b) He threads his rope through the iron rings and lifts it open.
(c) He prays for the liner to open and it does.
(d) He breaks the concrete liner with sledge hammer.
7. Why is Rachel afraid of Zelda?
(a) Zelda threatened to kill her.
(b) Zelda is a creepy name.
(c) She is dead.
(d) Zelda's pain made her clinically insane.
8. Who is hiding in Gage's closet in Chapter 35?
9. What is the reason for Jud's late night visit in Chapter 38?
(a) To get a beer.
(b) To give his condolences.
(c) To talk Louis out of burying Gage in the pet sematary.
(d) To see why all the lights were still on.
10. What is Ellie's fear at the Chapter 33 funeral?
(a) That her dad will drop the casket.
(b) That her cat will die.
(c) That Gage will soon die.
(d) That she will die next.
11. What was Zelda's ailment?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Spinal tap.
(c) Brain tumor.
(d) Spinal meningitis.
12. Who insists in Chapter 45 that something is wrong with Louis?
(d) Mr. Goldman.
13. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
(b) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
(c) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(d) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
14. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
(a) He looked suicidal.
(b) He looked scared. Louis is never scared.
(c) Louis was starting to age.
(d) He did not appear to miss Gage at all.
15. Why can't Louis comfort his family in Chapter 36?
(a) He's tired of their whining.
(b) He can't stand them and wants to run away.
(c) He feels guilty for not being able to catch Gage before the truck hit him.
(d) He is too busy fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 46, who decides to wait up for Louis to return home instead of leaving to go find him?
2. Who prescribes bed rest for Rachel and Ellie?
3. Who notices Louis's car is gone from the house in Chapter 46?
4. What role does Louis play at the funeral in Chapter 33?
5. On the path to the pet sematary, what does Louis see?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)