|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
(a) Gage and Ellie.
(b) Jud and Louis.
(c) Louis and his father-in-law.
(d) Louis and Rachel.
2. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
(a) It opens when he drops it.
(b) He prays for the liner to open and it does.
(c) He breaks the concrete liner with sledge hammer.
(d) He threads his rope through the iron rings and lifts it open.
3. How does Jud die?
(a) He is stabbed with a cleaver.
(b) He is stabbed with a scalpel.
(c) He is given an overdose of morphine.
(d) He is shot.
4. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
(a) He climbs the fence.
(b) He walks through the opened gate.
(c) He picks the gate lock and walks through.
(d) He climbs a tree then drops over the fence.
5. What time does Louis leave for the Pleasantview Cemetery?
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
6. Who bumps into and knocks over the casket in Chapter 36?
(b) Mr. Goldman.
7. What does Rachel do when sees the person upstairs in Chapter 59?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Begs for mercy.
(c) Opens her arms and cries out for her.
(d) Opens her arms and cries out for him.
8. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
(a) That he can't talk because he's working.
(b) That Rachel is fine, but gone to the store.
(c) That Rachel said she wants a divorce.
(d) That Rachel is washing her hair.
9. What time does Rachel miss her plane in Boston?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
10. What will Louis do if Gage becomes a monster?
(a) Overdose him on morphine and rebury him.
(b) Shoot him with a gun.
(c) Take him to Disney World.
(d) Knock him out with the shovel.
11. Who did not attend the funeral in Chapter 33?
12. Upon leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, what does Louis toss over the fence?
(a) His tools.
(b) His car keys.
(c) His tools and Gage's body.
(d) A tarp.
13. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
(b) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(c) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
(d) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
14. Why is Rachel afraid of Zelda?
(a) Zelda is a creepy name.
(b) Zelda threatened to kill her.
(c) She is dead.
(d) Zelda's pain made her clinically insane.
15. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
(a) He is a worrier.
(b) He learned that Louis sent Rachel and Ellie to Chicago.
(c) He is concerned about venereal disease.
(d) He is afraid he'll get caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place Rachel goes when she gets back into Ludlow?
2. While on the plane to Chicago, which character visits Ellie in a dream to tell her something bad is going to happen?
3. How does Rachel continue her trip after missing her plane?
4. What was Zelda's ailment?
5. Who insists in Chapter 45 that something is wrong with Louis?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)