|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two obstacles does Rachel encounter on her driving trip?
(a) She has lost her keys and run out of cash.
(b) Sleepiness and the car won't start.
(c) Sleepiness and radio doesn't work.
(d) She has lost her keys and her driver's license.
2. When leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, where does Louis find his car keys?
(a) In the ignition.
(b) Somewhere in the cemetery.
(c) Under leaves on the sidewalk.
(d) In his pocket.
3. Why doesn't Louis return home after dropping the family off at the airport?
(a) He needs time to drive around and think.
(b) He wants to see a prostitute.
(c) He never wants to go to that house again.
(d) He's afraid Jud will catch him.
4. What does Louis buy on his way home from the airport?
(b) Lottery tickets.
(c) A pick, shovel, spade, and rope.
5. Who is happy that Rachel plans to return to check on Louis?
(b) Mr. Goldman.
6. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
(a) He had creepy eyes.
(b) He stunk.
(c) He looked like Louis.
(d) He knew things.
7. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
(a) He hits his knee on a tombstone.
(b) He falls and hits his head on a tombstone.
(c) He cuts himself with the pick.
(d) He falls on a spike on the fence.
8. In Chapter 57, what does Louis check his doctor's bag for?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) Enough morphine and syringes.
(c) Aspirin for his aches and pains.
(d) Cough medicine.
9. What role does Louis play at the funeral in Chapter 33?
10. What makes Rachel think of Gage when she arrives at the first place she stops in Ludlow?
(a) She sees tiny, muddy tracks.
(b) She sees a lot of blood.
(c) Jud was singing a song about Gage.
(d) The cat reminds her of Gage.
11. What was Zelda's ailment?
(a) Brain tumor.
(b) Spinal meningitis.
(c) Spinal tap.
(d) Broken neck.
12. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
(a) Fantasy Island.
(b) New York.
13. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
(a) Oz, the Great.
(b) Oz, the Terrible.
(c) The Retired Oz.
(d) Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible.
14. What makes Jud aware of Louis's post-funeral plans?
(a) Pascow told him.
(b) It's a premoniton.
(c) Louis told him previously.
(d) Jud knows Louis ordered a light-weight grave liner instead of a concrete vault.
15. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hiding in Gage's closet in Chapter 35?
2. What is the reason for Jud's late night visit in Chapter 38?
3. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
4. Who kills Jud?
5. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)