|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel think she sees upstairs in Chapter 59?
2. Who notices Louis's car is gone from the house in Chapter 46?
(a) Mr. Goldman.
3. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
(a) He looked suicidal.
(b) He did not appear to miss Gage at all.
(c) Louis was starting to age.
(d) He looked scared. Louis is never scared.
4. Who kills Jud?
5. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
(a) He walks through the opened gate.
(b) He climbs the fence.
(c) He picks the gate lock and walks through.
(d) He climbs a tree then drops over the fence.
6. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
(a) That Rachel is washing her hair.
(b) That Rachel said she wants a divorce.
(c) That he can't talk because he's working.
(d) That Rachel is fine, but gone to the store.
7. Who is hiding in Gage's closet in Chapter 35?
8. In Chapter 57, what does Louis check his doctor's bag for?
(a) Cough medicine.
(b) Enough morphine and syringes.
(c) Aspirin for his aches and pains.
(d) A scalpel.
9. Where is the first place Rachel goes when she gets back into Ludlow?
(a) Jud's house.
(b) Her home.
(c) To Louis's workplace.
(d) The pet sematary.
10. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(b) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
(c) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
(d) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
11. Who fights at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
(a) Jud and Louis.
(b) Louis and Rachel.
(c) Gage and Ellie.
(d) Louis and his father-in-law.
12. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
(a) He knew things.
(b) He looked like Louis.
(c) He had creepy eyes.
(d) He stunk.
13. Who has dreams about Gage in Chapter 43?
14. What two obstacles does Rachel encounter on her driving trip?
(a) She has lost her keys and her driver's license.
(b) Sleepiness and radio doesn't work.
(c) She has lost her keys and run out of cash.
(d) Sleepiness and the car won't start.
15. Who comforts Ellie at the graveside service in Chapter 41?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
2. Why is Rachel afraid of Zelda?
3. Why does Louis feel guilty in Chapter 33?
4. Who dies in Chapter 31?
5. Who is happy that Rachel plans to return to check on Louis?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)