|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rachel afraid of Zelda?
(a) Zelda threatened to kill her.
(b) She is dead.
(c) Zelda is a creepy name.
(d) Zelda's pain made her clinically insane.
2. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
(a) Timmy's pet came back to life.
(b) Timmy's dad ran away from home.
(c) Timmy was seen walking around town with strange behavior.
(d) Timmy married a Catholic girl.
3. Who kills Jud?
4. What was Zelda's ailment?
(a) Spinal tap.
(b) Spinal meningitis.
(c) Broken neck.
(d) Brain tumor.
5. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
6. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
(b) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
(c) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(d) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
7. Why does Louis feel guilty in Chapter 33?
(a) Because he took off work to attend the funeral.
(b) Because Rachel found out he had once cheated on her.
(c) Church kills a rat and Rachel has to clean up the mess.
(d) Because he lied to Ellie.
8. On the path to the pet sematary, what does Louis see?
(a) A floating face.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) Wind blowing.
(d) A pile of leaves.
9. What makes Rachel think of Gage when she arrives at the first place she stops in Ludlow?
(a) The cat reminds her of Gage.
(b) She sees tiny, muddy tracks.
(c) She sees a lot of blood.
(d) Jud was singing a song about Gage.
10. Who fights at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
(a) Louis and his father-in-law.
(b) Jud and Louis.
(c) Gage and Ellie.
(d) Louis and Rachel.
11. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
(a) Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible.
(b) Oz, the Terrible.
(c) The Retired Oz.
(d) Oz, the Great.
12. What is the reason for Jud's late night visit in Chapter 38?
(a) To talk Louis out of burying Gage in the pet sematary.
(b) To get a beer.
(c) To see why all the lights were still on.
(d) To give his condolences.
13. Who is hiding in Gage's closet in Chapter 35?
14. What makes Jud aware of Louis's post-funeral plans?
(a) It's a premoniton.
(b) Louis told him previously.
(c) Jud knows Louis ordered a light-weight grave liner instead of a concrete vault.
(d) Pascow told him.
15. Who does Rachel actually see upstairs in Chapter 59?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the father and son do on Louis's best day ever?
2. Why can't Louis comfort his family in Chapter 36?
3. Upon leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, what does Louis toss over the fence?
4. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss the details of her sister's death?
5. In Chapter 46, who decides to wait up for Louis to return home instead of leaving to go find him?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)