|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the plane to Chicago, which character visits Ellie in a dream to tell her something bad is going to happen?
(c) Mr. Goldman.
2. What premonition did Ellie have?
(a) That Oz killed Gage and Church.
(b) That Rachel died in a wreck.
(c) That Oz the Gweat and Tewwible killed Rachel.
(d) That Oz killed Jud.
3. In Chapter 57, what does Louis check his doctor's bag for?
(a) Cough medicine.
(b) Enough morphine and syringes.
(c) Aspirin for his aches and pains.
(d) A scalpel.
4. Who dies in Chapter 31?
5. How does Jud die?
(a) He is stabbed with a cleaver.
(b) He is given an overdose of morphine.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is stabbed with a scalpel.
6. Why is Ellie sedated?
(a) She talked too much.
(b) She'd been in an accident.
(c) She had another terrifying dream.
(d) She had to go to the dentist.
7. How does Louis pass the time as he waits in his hotel room?
(a) Looks out the window for hours.
(c) Reads the Bible on the nightstand.
(d) He watches TV.
8. What does Louis buy on his way home from the airport?
(a) A pick, shovel, spade, and rope.
(d) Lottery tickets.
9. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
(a) He falls on a spike on the fence.
(b) He cuts himself with the pick.
(c) He falls and hits his head on a tombstone.
(d) He hits his knee on a tombstone.
10. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss the details of her sister's death?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) She felt guilty.
(c) Her parents told her it was time to talk about it.
(d) The father-daughter conversation she overheard between Louis and Ellie.
11. What role does Louis play at the funeral in Chapter 33?
12. How were all the cairns disturbed at the Indian burial site?
(a) They were old and in ruins.
(b) They were disturbed when the grave occupants came back to life.
(c) Meddling kids.
(d) Louis kicked them over.
13. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
(a) He learned that Louis sent Rachel and Ellie to Chicago.
(b) He is a worrier.
(c) He is concerned about venereal disease.
(d) He is afraid he'll get caught.
14. Who has dreams about Gage in Chapter 43?
15. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
(a) Timmy's pet came back to life.
(b) Timmy married a Catholic girl.
(c) Timmy's dad ran away from home.
(d) Timmy was seen walking around town with strange behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Rachel miss her plane in Boston?
2. What does Rachel fear might happen in Chapter 45?
3. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
4. Upon leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, what does Louis toss over the fence?
5. What does Louis see when he looks out the window in Chapter 60?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)