|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Louis do if Gage becomes a monster?
(a) Knock him out with the shovel.
(b) Overdose him on morphine and rebury him.
(c) Shoot him with a gun.
(d) Take him to Disney World.
2. When leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, where does Louis find his car keys?
(a) Under leaves on the sidewalk.
(b) In the ignition.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) Somewhere in the cemetery.
3. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
(a) He stunk.
(b) He had creepy eyes.
(c) He looked like Louis.
(d) He knew things.
4. In Chapter 57, what does Louis check his doctor's bag for?
(a) Enough morphine and syringes.
(b) Cough medicine.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) Aspirin for his aches and pains.
5. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
(a) He climbs the fence.
(b) He picks the gate lock and walks through.
(c) He walks through the opened gate.
(d) He climbs a tree then drops over the fence.
6. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
(a) He tells her it's time he make up with her parents and they should get away from their memories of Gage for a bit.
(b) He says he's got a secret and will tell her when she returns.
(c) He tells her he doesn't love her anymore.
(d) He says her parents will be nicer to him if she and Ellie go visit them for a while.
7. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
(a) Gage's body.
(b) Gage's head.
(c) A special toy they buried with him,
(d) Gage's arm.
8. What time does Louis leave for the Pleasantview Cemetery?
(a) 1 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
9. What time does Rachel miss her plane in Boston?
(a) 11 p.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
10. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
(a) He is concerned about venereal disease.
(b) He learned that Louis sent Rachel and Ellie to Chicago.
(c) He is afraid he'll get caught.
(d) He is a worrier.
11. Who comforts Ellie at the graveside service in Chapter 41?
12. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
(a) Timmy's pet came back to life.
(b) Timmy was seen walking around town with strange behavior.
(c) Timmy married a Catholic girl.
(d) Timmy's dad ran away from home.
13. Who notices Louis's car is gone from the house in Chapter 46?
(d) Mr. Goldman.
14. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
15. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
(a) Fantasy Island.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Louis return home after dropping the family off at the airport?
2. What was Zelda's ailment?
3. Who bumps into and knocks over the casket in Chapter 36?
4. How does Rachel continue her trip after missing her plane?
5. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)