|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
(a) That Rachel is fine, but gone to the store.
(b) That he can't talk because he's working.
(c) That Rachel is washing her hair.
(d) That Rachel said she wants a divorce.
2. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
(a) A special toy they buried with him,
(b) Gage's body.
(c) Gage's arm.
(d) Gage's head.
3. How does Jud die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is given an overdose of morphine.
(c) He is stabbed with a scalpel.
(d) He is stabbed with a cleaver.
4. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
(a) He falls on a spike on the fence.
(b) He cuts himself with the pick.
(c) He falls and hits his head on a tombstone.
(d) He hits his knee on a tombstone.
5. How does Louis pass the time as he waits in his hotel room?
(a) Reads the Bible on the nightstand.
(c) Looks out the window for hours.
(d) He watches TV.
6. What makes Rachel think of Gage when she arrives at the first place she stops in Ludlow?
(a) Jud was singing a song about Gage.
(b) She sees tiny, muddy tracks.
(c) She sees a lot of blood.
(d) The cat reminds her of Gage.
7. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
(a) Louis was starting to age.
(b) He did not appear to miss Gage at all.
(c) He looked suicidal.
(d) He looked scared. Louis is never scared.
8. In Chapter 57, what does Louis check his doctor's bag for?
(a) Enough morphine and syringes.
(b) A scalpel.
(c) Aspirin for his aches and pains.
(d) Cough medicine.
9. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
(b) New York.
(d) Fantasy Island.
10. Why does Louis feel guilty in Chapter 33?
(a) Because he lied to Ellie.
(b) Church kills a rat and Rachel has to clean up the mess.
(c) Because Rachel found out he had once cheated on her.
(d) Because he took off work to attend the funeral.
11. Who asks Louis at the airport if he's still mad at his father-in-law?
12. In Chapter 57, what does Louis dream?
(a) That Gage is a king.
(b) That the Wizard of Oz has taken over the world.
(c) That he, Gage, and Church are riding in a medic van at Disney World.
(d) That he and Rachel are young again.
13. What do the father and son do on Louis's best day ever?
(a) Walk to the pet sematary.
(b) Go for a soda.
(c) Play with trucks in the road.
(d) Fly a kite.
14. What does Louis see when he looks out the window in Chapter 60?
(b) A strange car at Jud's house.
15. While on the plane to Chicago, which character visits Ellie in a dream to tell her something bad is going to happen?
(c) Mr. Goldman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Louis's dream in Chapter 40, what accomplishment does Gage earn?
2. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
3. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
4. Why is Ellie sedated?
5. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)