|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the engagement was broken seven years ago, how does Anne feel about men?
(a) She has never been close to another man.
(b) She has never cared for another man the same way.
(c) She married someone else.
(d) She has loved several men.
2. Who takes a hard fall jumping from high ground?
(b) Captain Wentworth
(c) Mr. Harville
3. Henrietta appears to favor whom?
(a) Captain Wentworth
(c) Charles Hayter
(d) Charles Musgrove
4. Anne is not looking forward to a meeting between Captain Wentworth and whom?
(a) Mrs. Clay
(c) Lady Russell
(d) Sir Elliot
5. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
(a) bring Anne to visit Frederick
(b) let Anne stay with them
(c) rent Kellynch Hall
(d) give a note to Frederick for Anne
6. Who claims to be sick and calls Anne to his/her side?
(a) Lady Russell
(c) Sir Elliot
7. Who goes to town to search for a surgeon?
(a) Captain Benwick
(b) Mrs. Harville
8. Whom does Sir Walter Elliot refuse to marry?
9. Anne's plans to leave for where are interrupted?
10. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
(a) Captain Wentworth
(b) Captain Benwick
11. Sir Elliot tells Admiral Croft what about Admiral Croft's appearance?
(a) He looks old for his age.
(b) He is the ugliest sailor Sir Elliot has seen.
(c) He looks young for his age.
(d) He is the most handsome sailor Sir Elliot has seen.
12. What is the name of the home the family is planning to rent?
(a) Kings Hall
(b) Kelly Hall
(c) Lynch Hall
(d) Kellynch Hall
13. Captain Wentworth says what about his love for Anne?
(a) He no longer wants her, but no other woman compares to her.
(b) He will always love her, but cannot marry her.
(c) He never loved her.
(d) He wants to be married to her immediately.
14. When she was young, Elizabeth planned to marry. What happened to her suitor?
(a) He died.
(b) He vanished
(c) He moved away unexpectedly.
(d) He married someone else.
15. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
(a) He lost all of his money.
(b) He gained wealth.
(c) He died.
(d) He married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Mrs. Clay come?
2. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
3. Who are Henrietta and Louisa?
4. Who thinks the navy is a noble profession?
5. Who treats Anne with cold politeness?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)