|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When everyone takes a walk, which of these people does not go?
(c) Mrs. Clay
2. With whom is Anne in love?
3. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
(a) staying with Mary
(b) moving to Bath
(c) seeing Mr. Wentworth again
(d) visiting Lady Russell
4. Who is one of the friends the group is traveling to see?
(a) Mr. Hampton
(b) Mr. Harvey
(c) Mr. Haverhill
(d) Mr. Harville
5. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
(a) Sir Elliot and Anne
(b) Lady Russell and Anne
(c) Anne and ELizabeth
(d) Sir Elliot and Elizabeth
6. How do Anne's nephews feel about Anne?
(a) They take advantage of her kindness.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They respect her more than they respect their own mother.
(d) They are very disrespectful of her.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
(a) let Anne stay with them
(b) rent Kellynch Hall
(c) give a note to Frederick for Anne
(d) bring Anne to visit Frederick
8. The next day, Anne and who meet again for the first time in years?
9. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
10. Captain Wentworth says what about his love for Anne?
(a) He wants to be married to her immediately.
(b) He will always love her, but cannot marry her.
(c) He no longer wants her, but no other woman compares to her.
(d) He never loved her.
11. When she was young, Elizabeth planned to marry. What happened to her suitor?
(a) He vanished
(b) He married someone else.
(c) He died.
(d) He moved away unexpectedly.
12. Who goes to town to search for a surgeon?
(c) Captain Benwick
(d) Mrs. Harville
13. Chapter 3 follows a conversation between the Elliots and whom?
(a) the police
(b) a stranger
(c) their cousins
(d) their neighbors
14. How old is Anne at the beginning of Chapter 4?
15. Who thinks the navy is a noble profession?
(c) Sir Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Sir Elliot agree to rent the house?
2. Who else does Sir Elliot ask for advice in Chapter 1?
3. Who decides to take Henrietta and Mary home?
4. How does Sir Elliot feel the navy makes men look?
5. The group meets which gentlemen on the beach two days after they arrive?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)