|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's home?
(a) Upton Cottage
(b) Uppercross Cottage
(c) Upperland Cottage
(d) Upbend Cottage
2. Who does not even remember Anne's connection to Frederick?
(a) Mary and Elizabeth
(b) Sir Elliot and Mary
(c) Sir Elliot and Elizabeth
(d) Lady Russell and Sir Elliot
3. Sir Elliot's oldest daughter is which one?
4. Mary wonders if the visitor will be Frederick or ____________.
5. With whom is Captain Wentworth now in the same social circle?
(c) Lady Russell
6. Who thinks the navy is a noble profession?
(d) Sir Elliot
7. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
(a) let Anne stay with them
(b) rent Kellynch Hall
(c) bring Anne to visit Frederick
(d) give a note to Frederick for Anne
8. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
(a) Captain Wentworth, Mary and Henrietta
(b) Captain Wentworth, Henrietta and Anne
(c) Captain Wentworth, Anne and Mary
(d) Anne, Mary and Henrietta
9. Anne overhears Captain Wentworth tell Louisa that he prefers what sort of women?
(a) those who are well dressed
(b) those who know their place
(c) those whose convictions are strong
(d) those who are quiet
10. How do Anne's nephews feel about Anne?
(a) They take advantage of her kindness.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They respect her more than they respect their own mother.
(d) They are very disrespectful of her.
11. Mary resents which person when he/she is gone for too long?
(a) her daughter
(b) her husband
(c) her son
12. Who reminds Anne of her younger self?
(a) Mrs. Clay
(c) Lady Russell
(d) Miss Musgrove
13. The group is going to visit friends of which person at the seaside town?
14. It is soon discovered that the visitor will be _____________.
15. Charles Hayter was whose suitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
2. Captain Wentworth's warm reception at ___________ convinces him to stay on in the area.
3. Who writes a budget for the Elliot family?
4. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Mrs. Clay?
5. How old is Anne at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)