|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne joins several people on a trip to a seaside town. Who does not go on the trip?
(b) Lady Russell
2. Sir Elliot's youngest daughter is which one?
3. Who fills the role of lady of the house since Mrs. Elliot's death?
(d) Lady Russell
4. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She gives her orders all the time.
(c) She is especially fond of her.
(d) She hates her.
5. How do Anne's nephews feel about Anne?
(a) They respect her more than they respect their own mother.
(b) They are very disrespectful of her.
(c) They take advantage of her kindness.
(d) They ignore her.
6. Who is Sir Elliot's late wife's best friend?
(a) Lady Russell
7. Sir Elliot enjoys reading what sort of book?
(a) family history
(b) adventure stories
(c) the bible
8. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
(a) Anne and ELizabeth
(b) Sir Elliot and Elizabeth
(c) Sir Elliot and Anne
(d) Lady Russell and Anne
9. The group meets which gentlemen on the beach two days after they arrive?
(a) Mr. Hooper
(b) Sir Elliot
(c) Sir Elliot's heir
(d) Mr. Hargrove
10. Lady Russell hopes that the move will end whose friendship with Mrs. Clay?
(b) Sir Elliot's
11. When everyone takes a walk, which of these people does not go?
(b) Mrs. Clay
12. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
(a) None of them attend.
13. How does Sir Elliot feel the navy makes men look?
(b) older than they are
(c) younger than they are
14. Whom does Anne see flirting with Captain Wentworth?
(a) Miss Musgrove
(b) Lady Russell
15. Why does Anne break off the engagement?
(a) She finds out that the captain is a liar.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is no longer in love.
(d) She feels that the captain will be better off without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Anne never used to run out of things to talk about?
2. About what does Sir Elliot asks Lady Russell for advice?
3. What is the name of the first applicant?
4. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
5. What is Frederick's last name?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)