|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Wentworh's sister invite him to stay?
2. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
(a) Anne, Mary and Henrietta
(b) Captain Wentworth, Anne and Mary
(c) Captain Wentworth, Mary and Henrietta
(d) Captain Wentworth, Henrietta and Anne
3. The next day, Anne and who meet again for the first time in years?
4. With whom is Captain Wentworth now in the same social circle?
(c) Lady Russell
5. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
(a) moving to Bath
(b) staying with Mary
(c) seeing Mr. Wentworth again
(d) visiting Lady Russell
6. Who is very needy and cannot stand being alone?
(d) Lady Russell
7. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She gives her orders all the time.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She is especially fond of her.
8. Chapter 3 follows a conversation between the Elliots and whom?
(a) the police
(b) a stranger
(c) their cousins
(d) their neighbors
9. Who is pleased that Anne is staying until they can bring Anne to Bath themselves?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Sir Elliot
(c) Mrs. Clay
10. How many children does the admiral have?
11. Anne is more open about her opinions after what happens?
(a) She is away from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth.
(b) She is away from Mary.
(c) She is visiting her cousin.
(d) She is alone with Mrs. Clay.
12. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
(a) one of Mrs. Crofts cousins
(b) one of Mr. Croft's brothers
(c) one of Mr. Croft's cousins
(d) one of Mrs. Croft's brothers
13. Who thinks the navy is a noble profession?
(c) Sir Elliot
14. Anne was courted by a man who later married whom?
(b) Mrs. Clay
(c) Lady Russell
(d) Anne's sister
15. What is Mary's mother-in-law's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Wentworth's warm reception at ___________ convinces him to stay on in the area.
2. Whom does Sir Walter Elliot refuse to marry?
3. When everyone takes a walk, which of these people does not go?
4. How does Mary get along with her mother-in-law?
5. Sir Elliot enjoys reading what sort of book?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)