|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is pleased that Anne is staying until they can bring Anne to Bath themselves?
(a) Mrs. Clay
(b) Lady Russell
(c) Sir Elliot
2. Mary wonders if the visitor will be Frederick or ____________.
3. Whose mood does Anne try to improve when she arrives at Mary's house?
(b) Lady Russell's
(c) Mrs. Clay's
4. Lady Russell hopes that the move will end whose friendship with Mrs. Clay?
(b) Sir Elliot's
5. Who fills the role of lady of the house since Mrs. Elliot's death?
(c) Lady Russell
6. Who confides to Captain Wentworth that they prefer Anne over Mary?
(d) Lady Russell
7. What does Sir Elliot think of Anne's love interest?
(a) He does not care one way or the other.
(b) He disapproves.
(c) He approves.
(d) He does not know about it.
8. Anne is increasingly more nervous about what event?
(a) seeing Mr. Wentworth again
(b) moving to Bath
(c) staying with Mary
(d) visiting Lady Russell
9. In the end, who actually goes back to Uppercross?
(a) Captain Wentworth, Henrietta and Anne
(b) Anne, Mary and Henrietta
(c) Captain Wentworth, Mary and Henrietta
(d) Captain Wentworth, Anne and Mary
10. Sir Elliot's oldest daughter is which one?
11. Anne joins several people on a trip to a seaside town. Who does not go on the trip?
(a) Lady Russell
12. Anne and which person do not speak, even though they see each other often?
(a) Captain Wentworth
(d) SIr Elliot
13. Who is one of the friends the group is traveling to see?
(a) Mr. Harvey
(b) Mr. Haverhill
(c) Mr. Hampton
(d) Mr. Harville
14. Who is consulted about the budget?
(a) Sir Elliot
(b) Lady Russell
15. Who else does Sir Elliot ask for advice in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Richmond
(b) Mr. Raymond
(c) Mr. Shepherd
(d) Mr. Simmons
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a hard fall jumping from high ground?
2. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
3. Sir Elliot and __________ appear to have no respect for Anne in Chapter 1.
4. Halfway back to the cottage, everyone meets ____________ riding in a buggy.
5. How old is Anne at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)