|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she was young, Elizabeth planned to marry. What happened to her suitor?
(a) He moved away unexpectedly.
(b) He married someone else.
(c) He died.
(d) He vanished
2. What is Mary's mother-in-law's last name?
3. Sir Elliot tells Admiral Croft what about Admiral Croft's appearance?
(a) He is the ugliest sailor Sir Elliot has seen.
(b) He is the most handsome sailor Sir Elliot has seen.
(c) He looks young for his age.
(d) He looks old for his age.
4. From whom are the Crofts expecting a visit?
(a) one of Mrs. Crofts cousins
(b) one of Mr. Croft's brothers
(c) one of Mrs. Croft's brothers
(d) one of Mr. Croft's cousins
5. The first application to rent is from someone in what sort of profession?
(b) naval officer
6. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir William Elliot
(b) Sir Richard Elliot
(c) Sir Walter Elliot
(d) Sir Jonathan Elliot
7. What is Frederick's last name?
8. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
(a) Sir Elliot and Anne
(b) Lady Russell and Anne
(c) Anne and ELizabeth
(d) Sir Elliot and Elizabeth
9. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
(c) None of them attend.
10. Who believes that nursing is work only for women?
(d) Lady Russell
11. Who thinks the navy is a noble profession?
(a) Sir Elliot
12. How does Sir Elliot feel the Admiral's stature compares to his own?
(a) Admiral is an equal title.
(b) Admiral is a better title.
(c) Admiral is a worse title.
(d) Title does not matter to Sir Elliot.
13. What is the name of the first applicant?
14. How old is Anne at the beginning of Chapter 4?
15. What is Lady Russell's opinion of Anne?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She is especially fond of her.
(c) She gives her orders all the time.
(d) She ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
2. Lady Russell hopes that the move will end whose friendship with Mrs. Clay?
3. Due to the new budget plan, where does the family relocate?
4. Why has Mrs. Clay come?
5. Anne was courted by a man who later married whom?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)