|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not one of Sir Elliot's daughters?
2. With whom is Captain Wentworth now in the same social circle?
(a) Lady Russell
3. Captain Wentworth's warm reception at ___________ convinces him to stay on in the area.
4. Who is consulted about the budget?
(a) Sir Elliot
(b) Lady Russell
5. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
(a) He likes the man's looks.
(b) He likes the title of admiral.
(c) The man is a friend of the family.
(d) The man ofers to pay more money than other applicants.
6. Sir Elliot's oldest daughter is which one?
7. How many children does the admiral have?
8. Mary resents which person when he/she is gone for too long?
(a) her son
(c) her daughter
(d) her husband
9. Based on the budget, how long will it take the Elliot family to be free from debt?
(a) 9 years
(b) 11 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 13 years
10. Why has Mrs. Clay come?
(a) She has a new job.
(b) She wants to care for her father.
(c) She has had an unsuccessful marriage.
(d) Her house burned down.
11. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
(a) Sir Elliot and Anne
(b) Lady Russell and Anne
(c) Anne and ELizabeth
(d) Sir Elliot and Elizabeth
12. Who takes a hard fall jumping from high ground?
(b) Mr. Harville
(c) Captain Wentworth
13. When everyone takes a walk, which of these people does not go?
(a) Mrs. Clay
14. Which family shows no signs of knowing about Anne's relationship with Mr. Wentworth?
(a) the Crofts
(b) both the Crofts and the Musgroves
(c) the Musgroves
15. What is the name of the home the family is planning to rent?
(a) Kings Hall
(b) Kellynch Hall
(c) Kelly Hall
(d) Lynch Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sir Elliot asks Lady Russell for advice?
2. Henrietta appears to favor whom?
3. The next day, Anne and who meet again for the first time in years?
4. Who writes a budget for the Elliot family?
5. It is soon discovered that the visitor will be _____________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)