|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the engagement was broken seven years ago, how does Anne feel about men?
(a) She has loved several men.
(b) She has never cared for another man the same way.
(c) She has never been close to another man.
(d) She married someone else.
2. Why does Mr. Elliot choose the person to whom he rents the house?
(a) He likes the title of admiral.
(b) The man ofers to pay more money than other applicants.
(c) The man is a friend of the family.
(d) He likes the man's looks.
3. Anne was courted by a man who later married whom?
(a) Mrs. Clay
(c) Anne's sister
(d) Lady Russell
4. Anne is more open about her opinions after what happens?
(a) She is away from Sir Elliot and Elizabeth.
(b) She is alone with Mrs. Clay.
(c) She is away from Mary.
(d) She is visiting her cousin.
5. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir William Elliot
(b) Sir Richard Elliot
(c) Sir Walter Elliot
(d) Sir Jonathan Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two people do not seem surprised that Mrs. Clay plans to go to Bath?
2. Who treats Anne with cold politeness?
3. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
4. How does Sir Elliot treat Anne?
5. Why does Anne break off the engagement?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)