|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Clay?
(a) Mr. Shepherd's niece.
(b) Lady Russell's friend
(c) Sir Elliot's cousin
(d) Mr. Shepherd's daughter.
2. Why does Anne break off the engagement?
(a) She feels that the captain will be better off without her.
(b) She is no longer in love.
(c) She finds out that the captain is a liar.
(d) She is dying.
3. Who treats Anne with cold politeness?
(a) Lady Russell
(b) Miss Musgrove
(d) Captain Wentworth
4. What does Sir Elliot think of Anne's love interest?
(a) He does not know about it.
(b) He does not care one way or the other.
(c) He disapproves.
(d) He approves.
5. Sir Elliot enjoys reading what sort of book?
(a) family history
(b) the bible
(c) adventure stories
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Wentworth says what about his love for Anne?
2. How does Charles handle the children?
3. How does Sir Elliot feel the Admiral's stature compares to his own?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 5, the Crofts agree to do what?
5. Of Anne, Charles and Mary, who does not attend the party?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)