|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Russell hopes that the move will end whose friendship with Mrs. Clay?
(c) Sir Elliot's
2. Who thinks the navy is a noble profession?
(c) Sir Elliot
3. Why has Mrs. Clay come?
(a) She wants to care for her father.
(b) Her house burned down.
(c) She has a new job.
(d) She has had an unsuccessful marriage.
4. Why does Anne break off the engagement?
(a) She is no longer in love.
(b) She finds out that the captain is a liar.
(c) She feels that the captain will be better off without her.
(d) She is dying.
5. The story opens by introducing this person.
(a) Sir Jonathan Elliot
(b) Sir William Elliot
(c) Sir Richard Elliot
(d) Sir Walter Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Frederick over the years?
2. Sir Elliot and __________ appear to have no respect for Anne in Chapter 1.
3. About what does Sir Elliot asks Lady Russell for advice?
4. How many children does Mrs. Clay have?
5. What does Lady Russell think of Anne's love interest?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)