|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne is overjoyed and glowing over what occurrence?
(a) a simple conversation with Captain Wentworth
(b) a dance with Mr. Elliot
(c) Captain Wentworth asking Anne to dance
(d) a drink offered to her by Mr. Elliot
2. Why does Anne break off the engagement?
(a) She is no longer in love.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She finds out that the captain is a liar.
(d) She feels that the captain will be better off without her.
3. Anne feels that she will miss frequent visits with Captain Wentworth at ___________.
4. Elizabeth and Anne's father are excited about who being back in their lives?
(a) Mr. Wentworth
(b) Mr. Elliot, the heir
5. Captain Wentworth says what about his love for Anne?
(a) He will always love her, but cannot marry her.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) He wants to be married to her immediately.
(d) He no longer wants her, but no other woman compares to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to escort Anne back from the rainy walk?
2. Who does not approve of the navy as a profession?
3. Who is one of the friends the group is traveling to see?
4. Lady Russell strongly approves of whom?
5. How does Sir Elliot feel the Admiral's stature compares to his own?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)