|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Joan's assault on Jargeau begin?
2. How is Louis able to attend Joan's first English trial?
3. Why does the deserter leave his army post?
4. What does the Council of Charles VII tell Joan to do in Chapter 22?
5. How is Joan killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joan's death.
2. What does Louis do to show his love for Catherine, and what happens?
3. What does Joan tell her parents in a letter in Chapter 22?
4. What are the charges brought against Joan by the English court?
5. What is wrong with La Hire's army when Joan first meets them?
6. How does Joan defeat the English stronghold at Troyes?
7. What does Charles VII reward Joan with after her success at Orleans?
8. What is the prayer La Hire says after Joan has helped him with his army?
9. What does Catherine ask Joan to do after the victory at Jargeau, and how does Joan respond?
10. Where does Joan want to attack after the coronation of Charles VII?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)