|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joan accused of by the English?
2. What does Joan say in the letter to the leaders of Jargeau?
3. What do the English threaten to do when they read her letter?
4. Who knocks down the wall in the haunted room in Catherine's house?
5. Who defends Joan in her military strategies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with La Hire's army when Joan first meets them?
2. What does Catherine ask Joan to do after the victory at Jargeau, and how does Joan respond?
3. How is the battle at Patay won?
4. What are the charges brought against Joan by the English court?
5. How does Joan try to escape from her English prison the first time?
6. Who is the man that Joan sees bound on a wagon, and why is he put there?
7. What things does Louis notice and write about during the battle at Jargeau?
8. What is the prayer La Hire says after Joan has helped him with his army?
9. How does Joan try to escape from the English prison the second time?
10. What happens on the day Joan is captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)