|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only town that gives Joan and the Dauphine any resistance as they head to Rheims?
2. Where does Joan want to attack next after the coronation?
3. What time does Joan's assault on Jargeau begin?
4. What causes Louis to almost fall off his saddle?
5. Which of the following is NOT brought to the haunted room in Catherine's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles VII reward Joan with after her success at Orleans?
2. What causes Joan to rush into the battle at Orleans?
3. What does Joan promise a duchess before she begins her journey to Rheims, and how does she keep it?
4. What is the prayer La Hire says after Joan has helped him with his army?
5. How does Joan try to escape from the English prison the second time?
6. What does Louis do to show his love for Catherine, and what happens?
7. How does Joan try to escape from her English prison the first time?
8. What happens when the men stay in the haunted room at Catherine's house?
9. What does Joan do when she sees her father after the coronation?
10. What things does Louis notice and write about during the battle at Jargeau?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Joan and her army change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
The Dwarf was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)