|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is Joan captured?
2. What does the Council of Charles VII tell Joan to do in Chapter 22?
3. How is Joan killed?
4. What gift does Charles VII give Joan for lifting the siege?
5. Where does Joan want to see the Dauphine crowned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joan try to escape from her English prison the first time?
2. What things does Louis notice and write about during the battle at Jargeau?
3. What does Catherine ask Joan to do after the victory at Jargeau, and how does Joan respond?
4. What happens on the day Joan is captured?
5. How does Joan defeat the English stronghold at Troyes?
6. Who is the man that Joan sees bound on a wagon, and why is he put there?
7. How is the battle at Patay won?
8. Describe Joan's death.
9. What are the charges brought against Joan by the English court?
10. What does Joan tell her parents in a letter in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Fiction and non-fiction were tightly interwoven in this book. How does this unique literary tool affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)