|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joan not fight against the banishment in her city?
2. What does the Paladin do in the tap room to entertain the people?
3. How many soldiers does Joan start out with?
4. How old is the narrator when his parents die?
5. What does Joan know for sure when she leaves Domremy to see the governor for the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louis do after witnessing the strange event under the tree?
2. What happens to the man who plotted to murder Joan?
3. How are Louis' parents killed?
4. What is Joan's argument for not banishing the fairies?
5. What does the Paladin do to entertain himself while waiting for some more action to happen?
6. How does Louis view the situation of France after the king has died?
7. How does Joan learn to ride a horse?
8. Why does Joan refuse to deliver her message to the Bishops who promise to relay all information to the Dauphin?
9. How do the townspeople react when Joan comes to town to meet with the governor for the second time?
10. Why is Joan so sad when she leaves Domremy to visit with the governor for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Joan and La Hire were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)