|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Armagnacs loyal to?
2. What office does Charles VII hold when Joan is sent to give him a message?
3. What do the men say the Paladin does during battles?
4. What is strange about the robed figure that Louis sees approaching Joan?
5. Who accompanies Joan to the governor's court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long has Joan been seeing the robed figure, and how does she feel about these visits?
2. How does Joan learn to ride a horse?
3. How does Joan view the situation of France after the king dies?
4. What does Joan tell Louis about the vision he saw with her and the robed figure?
5. What do the boys in the village talk about when they return to their village after being forced out for a time?
6. How many men does Joan have and how experienced are Joan's soldiers when she starts her journey?
7. What is the old prophecy that is talked about in Chapter 2, and what do the people think it means?
8. What happens when Charles' advisers claim that Joan's voices could be evil?
9. What happens to the man who plotted to murder Joan?
10. How are the Burgundians furthering the English cause in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Dwarf was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Joan and her army change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
Religion had a very strong influence on the characters in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how does this religious theme alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)