|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl the Paladin falls in love with?
2. What position does Joan give the Paladin?
(a) Standard Bearer.
(b) Bugle player.
(d) Personal Guard.
3. What do the English threaten to do when they read her letter?
(a) Capture and burn her.
(b) Make France a nation of slaves.
(c) Execute her in front of her troops.
(d) Throw her in a Brittish dungeon.
4. What does Joan say in the letter to the leaders of Jargeau?
(a) She feigns allegiance.
(b) She surrenders herself and her army.
(c) She gives them a chance to surrender.
(d) She threatens that if they do not let her pass, they will die.
5. How many soldiers are with Joan when she is captured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks down the wall in the haunted room in Catherine's house?
2. Where do Joan's soldiers secure a bridge after the victory at Jargeau?
3. What is Catherine's last name?
4. How long does it take for the French to win the battle at Patay?
5. Where does Joan want to see the Dauphine crowned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles VII reward Joan with after her success at Orleans?
2. Who is the man that Joan sees bound on a wagon, and why is he put there?
3. What does Joan do when she sees her father after the coronation?
4. What does Joan promise a duchess before she begins her journey to Rheims, and how does she keep it?
5. How does Joan try to escape from her English prison the first time?
6. What happens on the day Joan is captured?
7. What is wrong with La Hire's army when Joan first meets them?
8. What is the prayer La Hire says after Joan has helped him with his army?
9. What does Louis do to show his love for Catherine, and what happens?
10. What causes Joan to rush into the battle at Orleans?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)