|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Joan have to do as Charles VII travels to his coronation?
(a) Defeat all the British strongholds.
(b) Hide the knowledge that Charles is with her.
(c) Feign allegiance to England for some time.
(d) Travel only at night.
2. Where is Joan's first English trial held?
3. What date does Joan's journey to Rheims begin?
(a) June 6.
(b) July 16.
(c) June 16.
(d) July 6.
4. How many soldiers are with Joan when she is captured?
5. How does Joan try to escape on her second attempt?
(a) She makes a rope of bedsheets.
(b) She digs a hole.
(c) She pretends to be dead.
(d) She locks her jailer in the cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Joan asks of Charles after he is crowned?
2. Who writes a poem for the girl the Paladin is in love with?
3. Where does Joan want to see the Dauphine crowned?
4. What is Catherine's last name?
5. How long does Joan know she will live after the victory at Jargeau?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joan's death.
2. Who is the man that Joan sees bound on a wagon, and why is he put there?
3. What causes Joan to rush into the battle at Orleans?
4. What does Joan promise a duchess before she begins her journey to Rheims, and how does she keep it?
5. How does Joan defeat the English stronghold at Troyes?
6. What happens when the men stay in the haunted room at Catherine's house?
7. What does Louis do to show his love for Catherine, and what happens?
8. What happens on the day Joan is captured?
9. What are the charges brought against Joan by the English court?
10. What is the prayer La Hire says after Joan has helped him with his army?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)