|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for the French to win the battle at Patay?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
2. What is the name of the deserter Joan rescues from execution?
3. What main attribute does La Hire's army lack?
4. Where is Joan's first English trial held?
5. Who finds the sword that Joan uses in battle?
(b) Charles VII.
(d) The Paladin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Joan given in Chapter 18?
2. What position does Joan give the Paladin?
3. Who does Louis hope will save Joan?
4. How does Joan try to escape on her second attempt?
5. What is Joan accused of by the English?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joan try to escape from the English prison the second time?
2. How is the battle at Patay won?
3. What are the charges brought against Joan by the English court?
4. What does Catherine ask Joan to do after the victory at Jargeau, and how does Joan respond?
5. What happens on the day Joan is captured?
6. What does Joan do when she sees her father after the coronation?
7. What does Joan tell her parents in a letter in Chapter 22?
8. Describe Joan's death.
9. What things does Louis notice and write about during the battle at Jargeau?
10. What does Louis do to show his love for Catherine, and what happens?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)