|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the deserter leave his army post?
(a) To bury his father.
(b) To recover from an illness.
(c) To attend the wedding of his daughter.
(d) To tend to his dying wife.
2. What is Joan accused of by the English?
(a) Spying on English forces.
(b) Being a witch.
(c) Killing the real king.
(d) Being a traitor.
3. Who dies trying to defend Joan?
(b) La Hire.
(d) The Dwarf.
4. What nickname is Joan given in Chapter 18?
(a) Warrior Woman.
(b) Joan of Arc.
(c) Maid of Orleans.
(d) Joan of Mercy.
5. What day is Joan captured?
(a) May 14th.
(b) March 24th.
(c) March 14th.
(d) May 24th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joan meet with La Hire and his army?
2. Where does Joan want to attack next after the coronation?
3. What does the Council of Charles VII tell Joan to do in Chapter 22?
4. Who does Joan share a room with?
5. What causes the English to surrender as Charles VII heads to Rheims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prayer La Hire says after Joan has helped him with his army?
2. What does Joan promise a duchess before she begins her journey to Rheims, and how does she keep it?
3. What does Joan do when she sees her father after the coronation?
4. How is the battle at Patay won?
5. How does Joan try to escape from her English prison the first time?
6. What happens on the day Joan is captured?
7. Who is the man that Joan sees bound on a wagon, and why is he put there?
8. What causes Joan to rush into the battle at Orleans?
9. What is wrong with La Hire's army when Joan first meets them?
10. What does Charles VII reward Joan with after her success at Orleans?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)