|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan tell the professor to let her do to prove the validity of her voices?
(a) Give her an army.
(b) Speak with him in private.
(c) Speak with her men.
(d) Go free for a week.
2. What do the men say the Paladin does during battles?
(a) Climbs trees.
(b) Kills with a vengeance.
(c) Rushes to the front lines.
(d) Cries like a baby.
3. How old is the narrator when the Popes are fighting for power?
4. What does Louis hear as the robed figure approaches Joan?
(a) Brilliant music.
(c) Bird song.
5. How old is the prophecy that France would be lost and regained by women?
(a) 1,200 years.
(b) 600 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 800 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a French General?
2. How many times does Joan lose her temper while the source of her voices is examined?
3. Who detects that Joan is carrying a secret?
4. Who does Joan think will make France free from England?
5. How many different Popes are vying for power at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noel tempt the Paladin to do in Chapter 5?
2. How does Joan view the situation of France after the king dies?
3. What does a Dominican say to Joan about France being free, and how does she respond?
4. What happens when Joan has her first encounter with the governor?
5. What does Joan tell Charles VII that gives him great relief?
6. What does a professor of theology ask Joan to do to prove the validity of her voices, and how does she respond?
7. What do the villagers find when they return to Domremy after being forced out for a time?
8. What does Joan tell Louis about the vision he saw with her and the robed figure?
9. How many men does Joan have and how experienced are Joan's soldiers when she starts her journey?
10. How are Louis' parents killed?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)