|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the boys of the village hope to wait before going to war when they return to their village?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. What do the men say the Paladin does during battles?
(a) Cries like a baby.
(b) Rushes to the front lines.
(c) Climbs trees.
(d) Kills with a vengeance.
3. When is the narrator born?
4. How many different Popes are vying for power at the beginning of the book?
5. Where does Louis draw something while talking about the future of France?
(a) On a wall.
(b) In a book.
(c) In the sand.
(d) On scrap paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a professor ask Joan for to prove the validity of her voices?
2. What is the name of the first town Joan enters with her soldiers?
3. Who is the first to decide that Joan should have her way when she is meeting with the governor for the second time?
4. Who examines Joan when she is sent away to have the source of her voices discovered?
5. Who takes credit for the success of the mission in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that gets the governor to finally believe and support Joan?
2. Who does Louis think planned the attack on Joan and her men in Chapter 5?
3. What does Joan do when Benoist appears with an axe?
4. What does Louis tell us about the pool in Domremy?
5. What does Noel tempt the Paladin to do in Chapter 5?
6. What does the Paladin do to entertain himself while waiting for some more action to happen?
7. How are Louis' parents killed?
8. How does Louis view the situation of France after the king has died?
9. What do the boys in the village talk about when they return to their village after being forced out for a time?
10. How long has Joan been seeing the robed figure, and how does she feel about these visits?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)