|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Joan to the governor's court?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
2. Where does Joan's army go after resting in Gien?
3. How far is the Dauphine away from Joan at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) 22 miles.
(b) 24 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 18 miles.
4. What does Joan order the veteran members of her group to do?
(a) Draw out plans for a fortress.
(b) Teach horsemanship lessons.
(c) Stand guard.
(d) Hold prayer meetings.
5. How long do the boys of the village hope to wait before going to war when they return to their village?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 5 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enjoys the fame of Joan when she visits with the governor for the second time?
2. Who examines Joan before Charles VII will speak with her?
3. What kind of people come to see Joan when she has her second visit with the governor?
4. How old is Joan when her villagers are driven away from their homes?
5. Where do Charles' advisers say Joan's voices could be from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charles' advisers claim that Joan's voices could be evil?
2. What do the villagers find when they return to Domremy after being forced out for a time?
3. What news does a Burgundian priest bring to Domremy, and how do the people react to this news?
4. How do the townspeople react when Joan comes to town to meet with the governor for the second time?
5. What is Joan's argument for not banishing the fairies?
6. How are the Burgundians furthering the English cause in France?
7. What does Joan do in Chapter 5 that hushes the discussions of the boys?
8. What is the old prophecy that is talked about in Chapter 2, and what do the people think it means?
9. What happens when Joan is finally exonerated?
10. Where does Louis find the Paladin among the men in Joan's group and what is strange about him?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)