|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis do to ensure that he is not dreaming when he sees the robed figure approach Joan?
(a) Asks Joan about it later.
(b) Makes a mark in the earth.
(c) Pinches himself.
(d) Cuts a mark in the tree.
2. What is the Paladin doing when Louis finds him in the group?
(b) Leaning against a tree.
3. Who examines Joan when she is sent away to have the source of her voices discovered?
(a) A strategizer.
(b) Some psychiatrists.
(c) A group of theologians.
(d) A council of bishops.
4. Who are the Armagnacs loyal to?
5. What does a professor ask Joan for to prove the validity of her voices?
(a) A sign.
(b) A witness.
(c) A written statement.
(d) An audible example.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles' advisers say Joan's voices could be from?
2. Where is a great battle lost while Joan is meeting with the governor for the second time?
3. How long has England had power of France when the book begins?
4. What are the children doing at Joan's house at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. Who are the Burgundians loyal to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joan tell Louis about the vision he saw with her and the robed figure?
2. What happens when Charles' advisers claim that Joan's voices could be evil?
3. What does Noel tempt the Paladin to do in Chapter 5?
4. What does Joan do in Chapter 5 that hushes the discussions of the boys?
5. Why is Joan so sad when she leaves Domremy to visit with the governor for the second time?
6. What do the boys in the village talk about when they return to their village after being forced out for a time?
7. What strange event does Louis see when he finds Joan sitting under a tree?
8. How do the townspeople react when Joan comes to town to meet with the governor for the second time?
9. What news does a Burgundian priest bring to Domremy, and how do the people react to this news?
10. What does Joan tell Charles VII that gives him great relief?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)